ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

what docs i need to take with me to UK after approval

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

jimpo
Newly Registered

what docs i need to take with me to UK after approval

Post by jimpo » Sat Dec 13, 2008 6:31 am

Hi

I have received hsmp approval. now i am ready to fly to UK. but there are few questions in my mind about the documents i need to take with me to UK.

1 - do i need to take character clearance certificate from local police

2 - do i need to take my hsmp approval letter, birth certificate etc with me

3 - do i need to translate my CNIC (national id card) into English from Urdu

4 - do i need to attest my degrees from foreign office adn Higher Education Commission

please help me removing these questions... thank you

maneesha
Newly Registered

Re: what docs i need to take with me to UK after approval

Post by maneesha » Wed Dec 17, 2008 2:58 am

I have a Q. Did you get the approval letter? in my case I just received stamped passport but not any HSMP approval letter. I have applied in the Nov 2008. When have you applied for the Tier 1 (General) Migrant.

Some people says now letter soed not come. Is it true??

jimpo wrote:Hi

I have received hsmp approval. now i am ready to fly to UK. but there are few questions in my mind about the documents i need to take with me to UK.

1 - do i need to take character clearance certificate from local police

2 - do i need to take my hsmp approval letter, birth certificate etc with me

3 - do i need to translate my CNIC (national id card) into English from Urdu

4 - do i need to attest my degrees from foreign office adn Higher Education Commission

please help me removing these questions... thank you

jimpo
Newly Registered

Post by jimpo » Fri Dec 19, 2008 2:03 pm

yes you do not get any approval letter because it was two steps process before but since the introduction of tier 1 it is done in one step and you get stamped visa only.

i had applied in the last batch of HSMP therefore i completed this in two steps and got approval and then visa.

anyway, when are you planning to go to UK and which city?

and it is a shock for me that nobody replied to my thread positively here. i think only consultants agents are here who reply to those people from whom they can get business only :-s ... sorry if i am sounding harsh.

Vanadil

Post by Vanadil » Fri Dec 19, 2008 3:08 pm

jimpo wrote:yes you do not get any approval letter because it was two steps process before but since the introduction of tier 1 it is done in one step and you get stamped visa only.

i had applied in the last batch of HSMP therefore i completed this in two steps and got approval and then visa.

and it is a shock for me that nobody replied to my thread positively here. i think only consultants agents are here who reply to those people from whom they can get business only :-s ... sorry if i am sounding harsh.
hmm a bit harsh. Most of us on here are either people that have been through immigration processes or work in areas related to it. (Esp the senior members it seems)

Unfortunately, despite the vast knowledge contained in all the members of this board, posts can occasionally get overlooked or is possible possible anyone that sees it does not know the answer so I aplogise on behalf of the board this time, but don't judge it too quickly :)

UKBAbble

Post by UKBAbble » Fri Dec 19, 2008 3:38 pm

jimpo wrote:and it is a shock for me that nobody replied to my thread positively here. i think only consultants agents are here who reply to those people from whom they can get business only :-s ... sorry if i am sounding harsh.
That is certainly far from the truth. The bottom line is you don't need any of these, just the visa.

push
United Kingdom

Post by push » Sun Dec 21, 2008 3:10 am

UKBAbble wrote:
jimpo wrote:and it is a shock for me that nobody replied to my thread positively here. i think only consultants agents are here who reply to those people from whom they can get business only :-s ... sorry if i am sounding harsh.
That is certainly far from the truth. The bottom line is you don't need any of these, just the visa.
Get a chest xray (and report) if you happen to come from countries where TB is endemic - will save you atleast 2/3 hrs at immigration. Also carry some proof of your accommodation and subsistence arrangements while you look (if you dont have one already) for a job in UK

regards,

push_hsmp

SONU76
Newly Registered

Post by SONU76 » Sat Jan 10, 2009 11:24 am

jimpo wrote:yes you do not get any approval letter because it was two steps process before but since the introduction of tier 1 it is done in one step and you get stamped visa only.

Hi Jimpo: First of all congrats for your visa. Secondly, you can't find information anything better than this board, NOT EVEN agents who work only for money......anyway answering to ur question, it is always advisable to bring along all the stuff you submitted in support of your application.

I had few Q's for you.....since u are through 2 stage process, u got 3 years stamping or 2 years as per earlier HSMP RULE ?

also did u tried to get post dated stamping ? yeh from which city ur ?