ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

September applicant APPROVED

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

wazman
Newly Registered

September applicant APPROVED

Post by wazman » Sat Apr 30, 2005 7:11 pm

I called the HSMP team on Monday, April 25, and was advised my application had been processed and approved the same day. I am awaiting the official documents. Here are some details:

Reference number: 0256xx
Application sent: September 1, 2004, out of country (FedEx)
Received by HSMP: September 2, 2004
Extra details sent: February 16, 2005 (these weren't requested, I sent them to strengthen my application)
Request for urgent treatment: Faxed and e-mailed April 12, 2005
Approval notified by phone (I called them): April 25, 2005
About me: I work in newspaper and new media publishing, and have international experience and recognition under my belt.

Once I receive the documents, I will try to post more about where I scored points and where I didn't. In the meantime, some general points:

* I was meticulous in my application, studying the guidance notes in-depth, any FAQs I could find on the IND website, plus the caseworker notes, and supplying all original documentation. I put all these attachments in a folder, divided into sections according to the relevant section of the application form.
* Where I had received and followed e-mail advice from HSMP on the application process, I included print-outs of these e-mails and referred to them in the application. I also quoted the guidance notes/FAQs/guidelines where relevant.
* On my request for urgent treatment, I simply pointed out that the months ahead are the best time for me to find work in my field, and the length of time my application was in the queue. But at this stage I don't know whether they acted on my urgency request or my turn just came up.
* I MAINTAINED A POLITE TONE in all my communications. This is very important. I know that histrionics and in-your-face emotive behaviour get results in countries where some applicants come from, but it won't wash in Britain. If I were the caseworker I'd be thinking: "Is a person who behaves like this going to be able to adapt culturally, function in a team, make a valuable contribution to our economy" etc.
* When requesting duty statements from my former employers I provided a list of duties and a suggested form of words. I think this is important because your boss/former boss won't have studied the HSMP guidelines and therefore won't have an inkling of just how much detail is required.
* HSMP are now saying they might NOT request extra documents if your application falls short. If you have extra docs, send them before they're asked for, maybe forewarning by e-mail or fax that they are coming.
* I sent my extra documents by registered mail that was supposed to include "advice of receipt" (an AR card) coming back to me. It didn't, so I followed up by phoning Royal Mail and they were able to trace the reference number my postal service gave me. This CANNOT be done using the publicly available tracing service on the Royal Mail website. But Royal Mail could not provide written confirmation, so I also complained to my local postal service and they are following it up. I think getting confirmation of delivery is VITAL because you may need it if HSMP claim they didn't receive documents.
* I DID NOT send a statement of my finances or an estimate of living expenses, having been advised by e-mail that this was not needed. I sent a print-out of this advisory e-mail with my extra documents. But I can't vouch for everyone getting the same advice and every caseworker taking the same attitude.

W.

ispno1

Post by ispno1 » Tue May 03, 2005 7:13 pm

Hi Wazman

Congratulation on your succesful HSMP application. Have you received back your documents? If you have can you give us the detials of the points claimed etc. I am especially asking this as you are an out of country applicant and applied in September and sent in an urgent treatment request and got your application result before lots of other people. I wanted to judge whether sending in the urgent treatment form ,with the reason of our applications having taken a long time, will have any effect on the speed of the process

Thanks and Regards

wazman
Newly Registered

no details

Post by wazman » Wed May 04, 2005 6:10 am

I just got my documents and the approval letter today.

There were no details of the exact points scored or on which criteria they were scored; they simply said that you need at least 65 points and I qualified.

Also, the letter makes no comment on whether my urgency request was granted or whether my turn just came up.

Now I have to make my Entry Clearance application within 3 months of the date on the letter.

Good luck,
W.

inxs
Newly Registered

Post by inxs » Wed May 11, 2005 9:48 am

hi wazman,
i understand you are a journalist. is english your native language?
i also come from media, i scored 8 points IELTS. is that good enough?
i am preparing to apply for the hsmp.

wazman
Newly Registered

dunno

Post by wazman » Wed May 11, 2005 11:17 pm

English is my native language. I have no idea what IELTS is, sorry!

W.

busa

urgent treatment for original document

Post by busa » Thu Jun 09, 2005 5:38 pm

I wanted to judge whether sending in the urgent treatment form ,with the reason of our applications having taken a long time, will have any effect on the speed of the process
What was the reason for urgent treatment ?

I had applied in september. I think it is justified to demand urgent treatment to get the original document back. Its too long time to leave the original documents.