ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Paying Tax and immigration

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

tahire
Newly Registered

Paying Tax and immigration

Post by tahire » Sun Jan 11, 2009 3:28 am

hi iv just started a new job and for the last two months on my payslips i havent been paying any tax. i think they havent sorted my tax code out yet. iv been paying NI but 0 tax. will this affect my application if i show these payslips to bring a spouse from pakistan. im a british citzen. does anyone no about tax free personal allowances because this is my first ever proper job after studying. i think thats why im not paying any tax but only national insurance.
thanks

John
United Kingdom

Post by John » Sun Jan 11, 2009 8:26 am

this is my first ever proper job after studying
You completed a form P46 saying that? In which case the employer is authorised to apply the usual code on a cumulative basis, so as you started work well into the tax year, it is not unsurprising that no tax has been deducted.

In other words, stop worrying about the zero tax, and enjoy the "tax-free holiday" you are currently having.

If you want more detail, post when you started work, and what is your annual rate of pay?
John