ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Evidence of Maintenance Fund for Dependants - Tier 1 extnsn

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

gradkg
Newly Registered

Evidence of Maintenance Fund for Dependants - Tier 1 extnsn

Post by gradkg » Sun Jan 11, 2009 12:05 pm

Hi,

I am applying for Tier 1 extension for me and my spouse. For maintenance funds for my spouse, I was going to submit my bank statements (sent by bank every month) for the last 3 months in which I have maintained sufficient funds for both of us. My recent statement is dated 02-Jan-2009.

I read the following line in the PBS(Dependants) policy guidelines which confused me.

"For applications submitted in UK, all evidence must be stated no more than one month before your application is submitted"

Unlike the guidance for main applicant, this one does not explicitly state that only the most recent bank statement should be within one month.

Do I need to request my bank to generate the last 3 months statements again (such that all three statement dates are within one month) to fulfill the dependant's maintenance requirement?

Regards,
gradkg

nnj10

Post by nnj10 » Sun Jan 11, 2009 12:34 pm

Hi Gradkg,

There are many anomalies in both Tier-1 (General) and T1G (Dependants) form. So I wouldn't read too much into the exact words.

Just make sure, for both main applicant and dependant's bank statement cover the last 3 months period and that the last statement (of the 3) is falling within the last one month.

NNJ10

gradkg
Newly Registered

Post by gradkg » Sun Jan 11, 2009 9:48 pm

Thanks NNJ10 for your assistance.

rays
Newly Registered

More on Maintenance funds

Post by rays » Mon Jan 12, 2009 2:54 pm

Hi,

I already have the Tier1 general visa and am working in UK. Now I want to apply for the dependants Visa for my family who are in India. My earnings are in two parts:
a) Salary in India which gets deposited in Indian Bank Account.
b) Allowance in UK, which gets deposited in my UK bank account.

Now for maintenance funds requirement, I am maintaining the adequate amount in my Indian Bank account. My query is whether this is OK or I need to show the maintenance fund in my UK bank account.

Note that both the accounts were shown when I applied for my Tier1 visa.

Any clarifications in this regard will be highly appreciated.

Rays..