ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

What to Do please Advise

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

tahire
Newly Registered

What to Do please Advise

Post by tahire » Thu Jan 08, 2009 7:45 pm

hi people need some advice again pls. i wanted to no how does everybody submit their documents because they can be quite alot of documents all loose.. Do people use proper folders and organise evrything using headings indexes etc? what kind of folders do u use, will it be ok to hole punch the documents? whats the best way to organise them so they can see everything clearly. please advise. thanks

PaperPusher
Respected Guru

Post by PaperPusher » Thu Jan 08, 2009 7:55 pm

Hello

This applies to applications not appeals.

Do not put everything in a heavy plastic folder, if you realise that alot of sorting machines whoosh your packages about as fast as a car, when the envelope gets stopped your folder will be like a person without a seatbelt in a braking car. Envelope in machine, contents somewhere else entirely.

Do not hole punch anything official, certificates and so on. You could put it in plastic wallets if you like, the sort that clip in to a ring binder.

Are you applying in the UK? No need to index everthing unless it makes you feel better.

tahire
Newly Registered

Post by tahire » Thu Jan 08, 2009 8:26 pm

im going to be submiting in person not through the post. plastic wallets seems like a good idea. thanks for your advice, much appreciated.

scorpiolady
United Kingdom

Post by scorpiolady » Sun Jan 11, 2009 12:46 am

I would advocate putting the documents in plastic wallets and then in a file clearly indexed.

If the ECO then wants to look at say financial supporting documents then they can go straight to them without looking all over the file for them.
Scorpiolady

ela27

Post by ela27 » Sun Jan 11, 2009 12:32 pm

I organised our folder with dividers into various sections e.g. finances, accommodation etc. And made it clear what could be found in each section. I hole punched everything except marriage certificate, and my birth certificate (which were folded and put into correct section inside a plastic wallet), i'd made sure not to punch holes over anything important! I didn't bulk it out with a ring binder, it was all attached very securely with treasury tags. We are still waiting for our decision so i'm not saying this is the absolute right way to do it, but so long as it is very clear to the person who will be looking over your evidence then thats good.