ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR for partner + living together proof ?

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

webhunter
Member of Standing

ILR for partner + living together proof ?

Post by webhunter » Sun Jan 11, 2009 3:00 pm

As per the various guidelines available, when you apply for ILR for your partner, one of the requirements is, to have been living together for atleast 2 years.

Now, what kind of documents are they seeking to prove that point. None of my tenancy agreements have my partner's name on it.

braveheart
Newly Registered

Post by braveheart » Sun Jan 11, 2009 9:45 pm

All the type of documents they need is in section 10 of the Set(m) form where you can download in BIA site.
6 letters and/or other documents addressed to you and your partner at the same address as evidence that you have been living together during the past 2 years.
You can try phoning the council tax to include your partner's name, electricity and gas bills, Telephone, contract mobile phones,letters from Nhs if she/he has one,letter from the doctor. As long as the papers shows that its in the same address it would not be a problem if you don't have papers in joint name.

If your looking for a straightforward you can apply in one of the nearest PEO in your place. I know its £950 but you will get your passport with visa in same day.You will only wait for 2hrs if busy.

sakura
Diamond Member

Re: ILR for partner + living together proof ?

Post by sakura » Mon Jan 12, 2009 11:22 am

webhunter wrote:As per the various guidelines available, when you apply for ILR for your partner, one of the requirements is, to have been living together for atleast 2 years.

Now, what kind of documents are they seeking to prove that point. None of my tenancy agreements have my partner's name on it.
I noticed that your previous posts were in the HSMP/Tier-1 sector....are you applying based on having an unmarried partner visa or based on another type of visa (i.e. tier-1 and unmarried dependant)? Maybe that wouldn't make a difference, but still good to know your previous visas.