ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

settlement visa - savings and bank statements - HELP!

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

lady_in_red
Newly Registered

settlement visa - savings and bank statements - HELP!

Post by lady_in_red » Sun Jan 11, 2009 2:32 pm

hey guys.. i am a british citizen who got married last year in march from pakistan and hve been working full time since october. and am applying for my husbands settlement visa in the uk. i need some advice regarding the requirements -

i have been told that i need 3 months of my statments for my current and savings which i have - and was advised that my current account should show at least £50 going weekly into my savings - i have now saved up around £350 - £400 since i have started work and this is shown in my savings account as my closing balance Please confirm if this is ok? or do i need more? i want to submit my papers with these statements but dont want to get refused on the basis that there is too much expenditure and less savings..

my current account shows bill payments going out, and atm withdrawels nearly every day since i live with my parents and i am helping towards living costs. i have been told different info regarding how much expenditure and savings i should have!! please help :( :( :(

i have 3 months payslips ... and a letter from my employers to state when i started employment and that it is a permanent job.. i also have photographs, cards and letters from my husband with dated international stamps on the enevelopes.. i have sorted out the house deeds to confirm i will be living with my parents, and also a ltter of confirmation from my father for permission that we will b allowed to stay with them..

is there anything else that i can use to help support my case?

ela27

Post by ela27 » Sun Jan 11, 2009 5:38 pm

Hi there,

I think if you can include 6 months bank statements and wage slips that is best. Even if your new job started in October and you were working a different job before you could put those in too. Obviously if its not possible go with what you can. I also put in P60 and a monthly budget. I'm not sure you need to be showing an amount each month going into the savings, its good to have savings, and we showed this too, but most important is that you have over around £95 a week extra after rent and bills etc - you can show this on a monthly budget.

For accommodation we also included a letter from the council which stated our house would not be overcrowded with my husband living here too, a lady from the housing dept came to look at the house (i also live at home with my parents).

Photos, cards, letters are all good. Also you could maybe include mobile phone, phone, emails, messenger chats if you have any of these? Receipts of places you have stayed together, passport stamps, flight receipts, basically evidence of having been to pakistan.

And if your husband can get some things together about his employment - CV, refs, wage slips from current or last job. While you could get some print outs of available jobs in your area which he could apply for in the UK.

Hope that helps.

income

Post by 688148256 » Sun Jan 11, 2009 9:17 pm

how much do you earn in a month after tax?

lady_in_red
Newly Registered

Post by lady_in_red » Sun Jan 11, 2009 9:25 pm

i earn roughly around 1100 a month, after tax, but because i am currently living with parents i am only able to save 200 a month.. i'm really confused as to wether this will not meet the requirement when sorting out the paper work.. i've been told three months statments is OK as long as the job is stable, and since i work in a very large financial sector well known company, and i have a letter of reference from them confirming its permanent - will it cause any problems?

any advice? will i have to wait till i have more saved up? this is the last thing left i have to sort out since i have all the other paper work. and its really stressing me out :(

lady_in_red
Newly Registered

Post by lady_in_red » Sun Jan 11, 2009 9:28 pm

and i was in pakistan from last march till august and was not working during that period so i cant really show any previous payslips or statments

lady_in_red
Newly Registered

Post by lady_in_red » Sun Jan 11, 2009 9:31 pm

I do have someone who is willing to employ him, and may be able to write a letter to confirm that employment is available if he comes. But would this affect the case? :S they may think that he's only coming over here to work if i focus on what job he's going to do here...

ela27

Post by ela27 » Sun Jan 11, 2009 10:15 pm

Hi,

I am by no means an expert but I am sure that you need to show that you have around £95 extra a week (which calculates as around £400 a month) disposable income. This is the amount that is required for a couple to be able to support themselves. Is there any way you can reduce spending? I dont know if you send any money to your husband but you wouldnt have to count that in a budget as far as I know.

If you were in Pakistan until August then as long as there is evidence for that (passport stamps, flight tickets) then I'm sure wage slips from Oct is fine.

I dont think it would effect the case at all with the employment. It is not a requirement that they have a job, but certainly if finances are not excellent then it will be an advantage if he has a good chance of getting a job very soon on arrival (so not having to take public funds).

Maybe someone else may be able to offer more advise? I am only telling you what I know based on my experience - we are still waiting for a decision

lady_in_red
Newly Registered

Post by lady_in_red » Mon Jan 12, 2009 10:18 am

i'll try to see if i can get the letter of employment sorted out, i just really would like to know what is required for my finances and if its going to effect the case :(

vinny

Post by vinny » Mon Jan 12, 2009 10:59 am

This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

lady_in_red
Newly Registered

Post by lady_in_red » Mon Jan 12, 2009 11:29 am

vinny, thanks for the post above. in my case i think my earnings are above the income support level for british families, what would you say about what my statements show? and savings? should i wait or submit my papers.

ela27

Post by ela27 » Mon Jan 12, 2009 8:16 pm

Hi again,

Someone on here will be able to give you exact figures about finances - although if you look on the uk visa website you can find out a lot of info about requirements in the policy and law section.

Instead of rushing things it might be worth seeing if you can make an appointment at the IAS to see one of the advisors there? They were very helpful to us. Alternatively look through the past posts on here, this is what I did to help me get together everything we needed (this took several months, I wanted to be sure it was watertight!)