ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Got HSMP Extension but ??

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Otake

Got HSMP Extension but ??

Post by Otake » Thu Jun 09, 2005 8:35 am

Hi,

I got HSMP Extension two days ago (I have posted details into the sticky post)

My question is they are not talking about Indefinite live to remain in the letter they have sent me. Instead of this, They are saying I should apply for another leave to remain application towards the end of my permitted stay. But, according to what I have read in this forum, I am supposed to apply for ILR at the end of this 3 years extension?

Do I miss any important point?

Kemal

Rog
Member of Standing

Post by Rog » Thu Jun 09, 2005 9:17 am

This makes it very clear that they would not be giving ILR after 1+3 years and they have implemented the rule of 5 years of stay for ILR, by stealth. Anyway we are in no position to complain and just have to accept even if Home Office goes back on the original premise of HSMP.

Otake

Post by Otake » Thu Jun 09, 2005 10:13 am

I wonder the others who got extension nowadays got the same letter?
Because I know some of them has different texts

Chris

Post by Chris » Thu Jun 09, 2005 10:21 am

This strengthen my belief that date near to election period will be cutoff date for ILR.

Everyone who got their WP or HSMP before election would be eligible for 4 yrs ILR. Thats my guess 8)

Chess
Diamond Member

Post by Chess » Thu Jun 09, 2005 10:57 am

HSMP extension letters have NEVER stated that you can apply for ILR at the end of yuour extension..

...they always state:- "you cant extend your stay at the end of this period using the appropriate form"
Where there is a will there is a way.

rckybhardwaj

Post by rckybhardwaj » Thu Jun 09, 2005 11:39 am

Congrats on getting the extension and for posting your feddback of the letter.
Well 1 year more for ILR does not actually make much of a difference, does it ? as long as we are employed that shud be allright.
Ofcourse getting ILR always opens doors for more avenues, but can't help it if Home Office has ammended some rules.

Otake

Post by Otake » Thu Jun 09, 2005 12:01 pm

That is correct; but we need to be informed if the rule will be amended.

People might have different plans; I can get a better offer and I might want to stay another country for a while. In that time; this one more year can be a problem.

rckybhardwaj

Post by rckybhardwaj » Thu Jun 09, 2005 12:39 pm

yes otake thats correct, if people have some good offers in other country they may go there..Home office should actually inform about the rules clearly , i agree with you very much. Like for extension i got to know from the forum , that I should fill the FLR form for extension.
These types of instruction should be clearly given by the HO, which I think they are not so professional in that. They just keep on passing the buck here and there.

Chess
Diamond Member

Post by Chess » Thu Jun 09, 2005 1:25 pm

rckybhardwaj wrote:.....Ofcourse getting ILR always opens doors for more avenues, but can't help it if Home Office has ammended some rules.
Really? I dont think so. Unless you have been on a WP

FYI, becoming a BC does not also guarantee automatic wealth. In fact you become more complacent and less ambitious :lol:
Where there is a will there is a way.

rckybhardwaj

Post by rckybhardwaj » Thu Jun 09, 2005 2:56 pm

Well chess, you are correct becoming a british citizen does not make much of a difference.
I was just talking about ILR, not the BC.
You can have ILR and still have passport of your birth country.
The richest man in UK this year Lakshmi Mittal, has ILR and still retains Indian passport. So, BC does not make you any richer by getting one.

dhavaluk
Member of Standing

Re: Got HSMP Extension but ??

Post by dhavaluk » Fri Jun 10, 2005 6:46 am

Otake wrote:Instead of this, They are saying I should apply for another leave to remain application towards the end of my permitted stay.
Hi Dear Kemal,

If you have recievdd the letter with exactly the same words that you have written here, whats the problem? See, both FLR and ILR are ultimately Leave to Remain regardless its Futher LR or Indefinite LR. So when they have requested you to apply for LR, you can definitely apply for ILR as thats the unchanged (at least officially) rule as of now.

So, leave these worries aside and enjoy your life....

Otake

Post by Otake » Fri Jun 10, 2005 7:41 am

Ok guys, thank you for your answers. Probably we will see the exact thing in one year since first HSMP applicants will finish their four years period.