ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Timeframe for ILR- Workpermit based

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

ckmanoj

Post by ckmanoj » Wed Jan 07, 2009 2:53 pm

cant do anything apart from wait.... and keep ringing them atleast once a week.... probably do a complaint letter by end of January..... I have heard that sometimes help....

surdy77

Post by surdy77 » Wed Jan 07, 2009 3:00 pm

okie dokie,. but would really appreciate if tyou keep us all posted of the latest developments at ur end. would be a relief when you get urs !
best of luck dude !

surdy77

Post by surdy77 » Fri Jan 09, 2009 10:37 am

Hi Manu,
I rang the HO today and they said that obv after 14 weeks they can tell the same to me, but the lady said generally all the apps are donw within 14 weeks. was ur case a straight fwd one and did u send all the relevant docs along with ur app...coz it might be that u didnt send something ?

can u shed a light on this plz ?

ckmanoj

Post by ckmanoj » Fri Jan 09, 2009 11:17 am

I think mine should be straight forward one. Worked with same company for more than 5yrs
Send P60 for last 2 yrs payslips for last year, bank statements, letter from work, letter from homes office which came with extenstion of work permit.

If it was lack of documents then sure they would have asked me to send them but no mention of that. One of my friend applied around same time and they contacted him within 2 weeks that few of his docs were missing and then he got his passport back within 6 weeks only difference was his was based on spouse visa rather than work permit. I will wait for a week more then call again and then do a complaint letter.

surdy77

Post by surdy77 » Mon Jan 12, 2009 11:31 am

Hi Manu,
Thanks for sharing the info. well ur case then is very straight fwd. I have in the meanwhile spoken to some solicitors who deal with these things and they have told me that they are still awaiting apps made in Sep and that the backlog in HO is pretty big at the moment.

Did you rang them again today to check the status ?

I have decided that i am gonna withdraw my app latest by mid next week and then reapply using same day service as i cant wait due to my visa expiry . do u reckon they will ask me why did i cancelled my app ?

ckmanoj

Post by ckmanoj » Mon Jan 12, 2009 11:44 am

I tried calling them again but their systems are down so will call again about 2ish.

Dont worry if your visa expires while your passport is with HO as even if your visa expires before your case is dealt your status in uk is same as at time of application recieved by HO. The message on the phone when you call HO clearly says that if your visa is about to expire then send a postal application as immigiate appointments at PEO croydon are not available.

surdy77

Post by surdy77 » Mon Jan 12, 2009 11:55 am

Hi Manu,
Yeah i know that i will still be able to work till the time they take a decision, but then i am just covering my back side and thinking what if they refuse my ILR, in that case i willbe without a visa and then i will have to go out of the country and reapply and all those hassles.

i also rang them just now and they said there systems are down. also they safd that when i cancel my app, then also they will just tell me one thing, that whether they have send out my passport to me or not..if its still with them they will not tell me anything ..thats called being robbed !!

ckmanoj

Post by ckmanoj » Mon Jan 12, 2009 12:00 pm

yeah he told me same as well that even if I cancel my application they wont be able to tell me when I will get my documents back and I wont be able to book an appointment for premium service till I get my all docs back.

Whenever I have spoken to them not one of them seems to be an english person.

surdy77

Post by surdy77 » Mon Jan 12, 2009 12:17 pm

well he didnt said that tome though. he said the guidelines are 10 working days from the day u cancel. and that u can book the appt ...though he didnt said when ..i can see ur point now that they might say that book an appt when u get the docs...oh ..i am repenting the moment when i send it by post !!!

sbparekh
Newly Registered

Post by sbparekh » Mon Jan 12, 2009 1:20 pm

Hi Manoj,

I feel that if you write to your MP and give him details about your case, it might help. So, if you want to try this might be of come help.

sbparekh

ckmanoj

Post by ckmanoj » Mon Jan 12, 2009 1:37 pm

Thanks parekh, I am thinking of doing this once I get a reply from a formal complaint letter I am doing, or do you think escalting it via MP will be more productive.

sbparekh
Newly Registered

Post by sbparekh » Mon Jan 12, 2009 6:11 pm

Perhaps you can do both simulteneously.

ckmanoj

Post by ckmanoj » Tue Jan 13, 2009 12:07 pm

Spoke to someone at my local MP's office and she said that "she is not surprised that I haven't heard back from home office" it seems the delay is usual and maily due to back log of work. Though she did said make a complaint and they will see what they can do if not hear anything from home office within next 20 days which is their SLA to answer complaints....

surdy77

Post by surdy77 » Tue Jan 13, 2009 1:06 pm

hi manu,
did u rang the home office today again though. i will take down my app this afternoon ...:(

ckmanoj

Post by ckmanoj » Tue Jan 13, 2009 1:21 pm

yeah I did to check any updates but their IT system was still down so cant tell me anything.

ckmanoj

Post by ckmanoj » Wed Jan 14, 2009 1:42 pm

Tried calling again today but their IT systems are still down... wondering now if they are really down or just an excuse for not telling anything on progress of application....

Surdy- Have you contacted them to withdraw your application?

surdy77

Post by surdy77 » Wed Jan 14, 2009 1:44 pm

well i was about to ring them today (wed) , bit if the systems are down then i cant do anything ..though they did said that i can fax in etc..but i shall wait for them to get back up and running !!
what time did u rang them today ?

ckmanoj

Post by ckmanoj » Wed Jan 14, 2009 1:52 pm

about 11ish....

it looks like they are worse than a indian govt office... atleast there you know how to get your file moving....

ckmanoj

Post by ckmanoj » Thu Jan 15, 2009 9:35 am

Surdy
Do you know what is the status of PEO appointments? i.e. when can you get earliest appointments?
even though I had sent a complaint, I might have to do the same.

surdy77

Post by surdy77 » Thu Jan 15, 2009 9:43 am

manu,
2 days ago when i rang them they told me that the earliest appt they have got at croydon is on 24 feb ..now obv that dosent means that u cant go to birmingham or liverpool ..which i might do coz i dont wanna wait that long ..!!

did u rang them again today ..i shall aring them around 10ish !

ckmanoj

Post by ckmanoj » Thu Jan 15, 2009 9:46 am

Yeah keep trying I am not getting through as getting same message... all callers are busy....lets see who gets to speak them first..lol

ckmanoj

Post by ckmanoj » Thu Jan 15, 2009 10:57 am

finally got through and finally their systems are working... and a different reply.... "Application is under consideration and waiting for decision" sounds better than " under progress"....
he couldn't give me a time frame when I will get passport but said should be soon.

surdy77

Post by surdy77 » Thu Jan 15, 2009 12:15 pm

well i guess its the same story with a little suggar jelly around it ..although i pray that ur case gets sorted soon.
i am still getting all operators busy msg..but will keep trying ..its 10 weeks for me today though !

ckmanoj

Post by ckmanoj » Thu Jan 15, 2009 12:50 pm

if you understand hindi/urdu then this phrase describes best our situation...

"dil ke khus rakhne ko Ghalib yeh khayala acha hai...."

any ray of hope atleast keeps us positive...

surdy77

Post by surdy77 » Thu Jan 15, 2009 1:43 pm

nice one manu...where arr u originally from them ..i am from Delhi and now live in Bath ?