ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Advise is needed for ILR

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

hanna

Advise is needed for ILR

Post by hanna » Mon Jan 12, 2009 1:58 pm

hi all,please give your advise regarding ILR.Me and my husband have been living in the UK for 9 years and our son was born here 3 years ago.We are still on the student visa but it will expire in April this year.We would like to settle in the UK,but the fastest way to get ILR is on the basis of 10 years lawfull and we still have one year to go.I was wondering is it still possible to apply for ILR even though we have only lived here for 9 years,not 10?I would appriciate any advise.thanks.

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Re: Advise is needed for ILR

Post by Wanderer » Mon Jan 12, 2009 2:29 pm

hanna wrote:hi all,please give your advise regarding ILR.Me and my husband have been living in the UK for 9 years and our son was born here 3 years ago.We are still on the student visa but it will expire in April this year.We would like to settle in the UK,but the fastest way to get ILR is on the basis of 10 years lawfull and we still have one year to go.I was wondering is it still possible to apply for ILR even though we have only lived here for 9 years,not 10?I would appriciate any advise.thanks.
You need 10 years no shortcuts. Bear in mind the whole ILr/BC think is being revamped and might not exist in years time.
An chéad stad eile Stáisiún Uí Chonghaile....

sakura
Diamond Member

Re: Advise is needed for ILR

Post by sakura » Mon Jan 12, 2009 6:39 pm

hanna wrote:hi all,please give your advise regarding ILR.Me and my husband have been living in the UK for 9 years and our son was born here 3 years ago.We are still on the student visa but it will expire in April this year.We would like to settle in the UK,but the fastest way to get ILR is on the basis of 10 years lawfull and we still have one year to go.I was wondering is it still possible to apply for ILR even though we have only lived here for 9 years,not 10?I would appriciate any advise.thanks.
It is 10 years, not 9.

What level of qualifications have you obtained? Do you qualify for the Post-Study Work visa, or Tier-1?

hanna

Post by hanna » Mon Jan 12, 2009 7:04 pm

Hi,thank you,i know that it must be 10 years I was just wondering if the HO would except 9 years by any chance.And we have recently applied for the post-study work visa,But so many people got refused,so I do not think that we have to count on it.British people have no jobs,no money,so HO is just going to send as many foreigners home as they can.

John
United Kingdom

Post by John » Tue Jan 13, 2009 7:57 am

i know that it must be 10 years I was just wondering if the HO would except 9 years by any chance.
No, absolutely 0% chance of them doing that. The earliest you can apply is 28 days before the 10th anniversary of you arriving in the UK. And that assumes that all your time in the UK has been "legal".
John