ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

requires assistence

Archived UK Tier 1 (Post-Study Work) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

raz99
Newly Registered

requires assistence

Post by raz99 » Mon Jan 12, 2009 9:17 pm

hello
i applied for PSW on 3rd november(not ccl)but i have not received anything yet,i called HO they said its under further consideration , my concern is my passport expiring on 25th january 2009 and as i havent heard anything from them yet i dont know what should i do,do i need remind them about my passport expiry date or is it possible for them to keep expired passport,or do you guys think they will return it before 25th january.any suggestion or help will be appreciated.

hanna

hi

Post by hanna » Mon Jan 12, 2009 9:51 pm

Hi there,do not worry they probably know that you visa expires in January,they will still keep it as long as they want to.So you have no choice but wait.If they grant you a PSW then-good,if not they will give you 28 day visa to have enough time to live the country.If it will make you fill better then you can always call them.But I tell you what,I called HO myself regarding my PSW and I was told-still under consideration.And it seems like many people get the same answer.Good luck! :D

hanna

hi again

Post by hanna » Mon Jan 12, 2009 9:57 pm

hi again,sorry I didi not read your topic properly,you were saying that your passport was going to expire in January.That is still ok,you can still use this passport to show the visa when you pass the border and have a new passport with you aswell.I have one friend who had the same situation,his passport expired but his visa was still valid.He applied for the new passport and they let him keep the old one with visa too.