ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Any IT professional on Green Card?

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

MSI GEEK

Any IT professional on Green Card?

Post by MSI GEEK » Wed Dec 03, 2008 4:45 am

I have 4+ years experience in the IT sector, however my qualification is only Bachelor of Engineering (Electronics) degree (non-IT qualification)? Will I be eligible for an Irish Green Card?

Is an IT qualification a mandatory requirement? Kindly reply.

victor8600

Re: Any IT professional on Green Card?

Post by victor8600 » Thu Dec 04, 2008 4:27 pm

MSI GEEK wrote:...Will I be eligible for an Irish Green Card?
If you find a job in IT, you may try to apply for the GC. I have got a GC being in somewhat similar situation as you are. But forget about being *eligible* for anything, you may apply and get it, or maybe you won't get it (in which case apply for a work permit, which is basically same as GC).

You do know what Irish Green Card mean at all?
All your base are belong to us

Darkhorse

Post by Darkhorse » Fri Dec 05, 2008 9:55 am

I thought to be able to apply for Green Card, you need a job offer from employer first. Although job market test may not be required. is this true?

In other word, before you apply GC, you need to find your employer first.

esharknz

Post by esharknz » Fri Dec 05, 2008 12:23 pm

That's correct, no labour market test is required for the green card.
I can't say for sure what sort of qualification is accepted for an IT professional. I'm one here on a green card, and I hold a Bachelor of Commerce (honours) in Information Systems. I'm working as a software engineer. You do need an employer first though.

MSI GEEK

Post by MSI GEEK » Sat Dec 06, 2008 7:35 am

esharknz wrote:That's correct, no labour market test is required for the green card.
I can't say for sure what sort of qualification is accepted for an IT professional. I'm one here on a green card, and I hold a Bachelor of Commerce (honours) in Information Systems. I'm working as a software engineer. You do need an employer first though.
Thanks for your reply - how many years of work experience in the IT industry?

Also, your nationality and processing time for your green card?

esharknz

Post by esharknz » Tue Dec 30, 2008 8:35 pm

At the time the green card was applied for I had 3 years experience. It took 6 weeks from receipt in DETE in Dublin (hand delivered by employer) to receiving my green card in the post in Denmark.
I'm a New Zealander.

MSI GEEK

Post by MSI GEEK » Sat Jan 03, 2009 12:20 am

Thanks again for your reply - was the pay offered more or less than 60K Euro/annum? - any labour market test was needed

esharknz

Post by esharknz » Mon Jan 12, 2009 10:20 pm

Yeah, I was offered less than €60K per year but had a job offer as a computer programmer so I could still get a green card. No labour market test was required.
However, I do know of someone who was declined for a green card (computer programmer, but used a different job title) as it had appeared to DETE that the employer hadn't tried hard enough to recruit an EU/EEA national. I know personally that the employer did but didn't complete the forms as well as they should have. This person was granted a green card under a new application, however.