ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

1 Month Exactly!!!!

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

tier1visamk
Newly Registered

1 Month Exactly!!!!

Post by tier1visamk » Fri Jan 09, 2009 6:39 pm

Got my Tier1 visa today(Main Applicant+ 1 dependent)

Application sent on: 09/12/2008
Refrence number received on : 16/12/2008
Visa stamped : 06/01/2009
Documents received: 09/01/2009

Hope this helps

-mk

nangvil

Post by nangvil » Fri Jan 09, 2009 9:55 pm

Hi tier1visamk,
Could you explain more about your application background, ie: tier1 general application? Extension of HSMP??

Did the passport arrive by first/second recorded?

Many thanks

tier1visamk
Newly Registered

Post by tier1visamk » Sat Jan 10, 2009 11:54 pm

It is tier 1 general visa.. Along with my application i did send a Special delivery self addressed envelope, i had recieved my passport in the same

tvn_ramesh
Diamond Member

Post by tvn_ramesh » Sun Jan 11, 2009 12:10 pm

hi tier1visaamk

Did you enclose a letter from ur UK bank confirming the 3months maintenance funds or u just sent them the original bank statements covering ther earning periond n latest??

tier1visamk
Newly Registered

Post by tier1visamk » Sun Jan 11, 2009 9:17 pm

Yes i did send a letter from bank confirming funds and duration.
Here is the list of documents that i sent....

1. Photos
2. Valid Passport
3. Original Degree Certificate.
4. Last 12 months Payslips(for Previous Earning - two docs req)
5. Last 12 months bank statement -( for Previous Earning - two documents req)(Must)
7. UK Naric Letter
8. Proof degree was taught in English
9. Letter from bank confirming funds and that they have been in bank for at least three months + Last Three Months Bank Statement.

gradkg
Newly Registered

Post by gradkg » Mon Jan 12, 2009 3:28 pm

Hi Tier1visaMk,

Is it a UK Bank/Branch that issued you a maintenance letter? If it is HSBC (UK), please could you advise the procedure as the branch I approached refused to give a letter.

moneypenny

Post by moneypenny » Mon Jan 12, 2009 3:39 pm

Gradkg-

I can actually help you with that. I was told by my HSBC branch to ring their quality assurance number if I needed a letter. It's 0845 602 2097 and they are open monday through friday 830am-6pm.
I did call them and got a letter, even arrived the next day! I chose not to use it in the end as they didn't put a current balance on it and I would rather be safe than sorry (I used my statements). They are very helpful, just be very explicit about what you want on the letter. I would also make sure you have time to get a second letter if they don't get it right the first time.

Hope that helps

tvn_ramesh
Diamond Member

Post by tvn_ramesh » Mon Jan 12, 2009 6:30 pm

Hi Moneypenny:

That's very useful info you provided...
I chose not to use it in the end as they didn't put a current balance on it and I would rather be safe than sorry (I used my statements).
By this do you mean that you went ahead applying without their Maintenance Funds letter and successfully got approved?

Or

Did you get the letter as per as you wanted everything safe, i mean did you read them out what you want on the letter?? sorry if i sound silly...

Because i faced the same problem as other colleague, so i am planning to go ahead without bank letter and submit the Latest original Monthly Bank statements.. 2nd jan was my latest..

thanks again

moneypenny

Post by moneypenny » Mon Jan 12, 2009 6:48 pm

tvn_ramesh-

I did apply without using the maintenance fund letter that HSBC sent me. I used 4 months worth of official statements instead. The letter was just going to be used as additional evidence of funds anyways. I decided not to use it because it wasn't exactly what the guidance notes suggested, so it wouldn't have helped.

When I rang HSBC I basically explained to the guy that I needed a letter for my visa and that it needed to say that I had maintained funds of at least £800 for three months and have my account number on it. He said he'd written letters like this before and knew what to write. So I took his word and I didn't mention that it needed the balance on it. After looking over the guidance I saw that it did, so I just left the letter out. I am confident that official bank statements are sufficient to prove that I have held the funds. You only need one type of evidence on maintenance funds.

So after speaking with the guy at HSBC I definitely suggest that you spell out everything you want on the letter. Possibly ask them to read it out to you before sending. I didn't do this. I have faith that if I had, the letter would have been perfect. They are very very helpful on that number. I am sure that if you ring it you won't have any problems. However if you have original statements, than there is no need for a letter anyways!

I applied on the 30th of December, so no word yet!

mp

tier1visamk
Newly Registered

Post by tier1visamk » Mon Jan 12, 2009 7:43 pm

Gradkg,

I took it from the hsbc branch directly.

I just took the Supporting evidence web page (http://www.bia.homeoffice.gov.uk/workin ... intenance/) print out and went to the customer service person and explained them.

It is their service to provide the letter..

if not you can speak to the manager/supervisor.

-mk

go2zeeshan2004
- thin ice -

Hi

Post by go2zeeshan2004 » Tue Jan 13, 2009 5:38 am

Hello and congrats Tier1visamk. It took whole one month though, but comes out as good news, thats fine. I have applied for tier1 too, on 16th dec, from khi-pk and waiting for reply.

Do pray for me and all others plz.

Congrats again.

Regards,
Regards,

Zeeshan

tvn_ramesh
Diamond Member

Post by tvn_ramesh » Tue Jan 13, 2009 9:31 am

tier1visamk wrote:Gradkg,

I took it from the hsbc branch directly.

I just took the Supporting evidence web page (http://www.bia.homeoffice.gov.uk/workin ... intenance/) print out and went to the customer service person and explained them.

It is their service to provide the letter..

if not you can speak to the manager/supervisor.

-mk
hi MK.. may be you shd consider yourselves lucky.. i did the same thing. went to the local HSBC bank, first contact at desk just said NO WE DONT DO SUCH LETTERS , went to manager, explained again each word with requirement proof.. but he just had NO in his mind.. just wasted my 30mins n office time.. will give a shot what moneypenny suggested..

cheers

tvn_ramesh
Diamond Member

Post by tvn_ramesh » Tue Jan 13, 2009 11:51 am

moneypenny wrote:tvn_ramesh-

I did apply without using the maintenance fund letter that HSBC sent me. I used 4 months worth of official statements instead. The letter was just going to be used as additional evidence of funds anyways. I decided not to use it because it wasn't exactly what the guidance notes suggested, so it wouldn't have helped.

When I rang HSBC I basically explained to the guy that I needed a letter for my visa and that it needed to say that I had maintained funds of at least £800 for three months and have my account number on it. He said he'd written letters like this before and knew what to write. So I took his word and I didn't mention that it needed the balance on it. After looking over the guidance I saw that it did, so I just left the letter out. I am confident that official bank statements are sufficient to prove that I have held the funds. You only need one type of evidence on maintenance funds.

So after speaking with the guy at HSBC I definitely suggest that you spell out everything you want on the letter. Possibly ask them to read it out to you before sending. I didn't do this. I have faith that if I had, the letter would have been perfect. They are very very helpful on that number. I am sure that if you ring it you won't have any problems. However if you have original statements, than there is no need for a letter anyways!

I applied on the 30th of December, so no word yet!

mp
Moneypenny:

you were right, the staff at that QA are very nice and patience, but only thing is that they think the format they are giving is Ok and correct, though they mentioned they are sending me teh letter, i think i will be happy with my original bank statements as proof as this letter is not complete as per guidance..

BUT Not to discourage other applicants with HSBC bank account, guys who have time and patience, should speak to these gentlemen/ladies at HSBC QA 08456022097 and explain and get the letter as required..

Good luck guys

gradkg
Newly Registered

Post by gradkg » Tue Jan 13, 2009 12:58 pm

Thanks MoneyPenny. I too spoke to the HSBC QA team. They were going to send me the letter. As tvn_ramesh mentioned, they were very helpful compared to guys at the branches.

moneypenny

Post by moneypenny » Tue Jan 13, 2009 4:23 pm

Glad that they could help you guys! I am still amazed that the staff in branch didn't give you that number when they said that they couldn't write you a letter. It seems ridiculous to me...

mp

push
United Kingdom

Post by push » Tue Jan 13, 2009 4:41 pm

moneypenny wrote:Glad that they could help you guys! I am still amazed that the staff in branch didn't give you that number when they said that they couldn't write you a letter. It seems ridiculous to me...

mp
It was Britishers who exported red tape to all the countries. The banks here are not at all customer friendly.
regards,
push
Important: Please read this Disclaimer

Jayden
Newly Registered

Post by Jayden » Wed Jan 14, 2009 11:59 am

Hey mate,

Quick question did you require a HSMP approval letter for your applications?

Thanks

Jayden

push
United Kingdom

Post by push » Wed Jan 14, 2009 7:05 pm

Jayden wrote:Hey mate,

Quick question did you require a HSMP approval letter for your applications?

Thanks

Jayden
Who is this question addressed to?
regards,
push
Important: Please read this Disclaimer

SrivastavaSaurabh
Newly Registered

Post by SrivastavaSaurabh » Tue Feb 16, 2010 4:08 pm

Latest update on getting the bank letter from HSBC. Called the QA Department just now and they said that they have stopped providing such letters.

Is this the service expected from the so called "World's Local Bank"?

I still think that if I would have been in India, I would have got this letter within no time.

Not that I am desperate to get the letter as I do have my bank statements with me but the letter would have basically provided a summary to the case worker who now would have to browse through my statements and verify that the balance is maintained.

Shocking and pathetic to say the least!!!!!!!!!!