ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR - Need to retain spouse passport /have passport returned

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

mzungu
Newly Registered

ILR - Need to retain spouse passport /have passport returned

Post by mzungu » Tue Jan 13, 2009 10:42 am

Hi

I was just wondering if anybody can help?

We will be applying for my wife's ILR in February but I need to travel on the 3rd of April and understand that I need to submit my passport with our application. By the sounds of it my passport may not reach us in time for me to travel.

Is it possible to have the passport returned shortly after applying or -preferibly- send a birth certificate and any other additional documents instead?

I am just worried I will be left without a passport in April and unfortunately I have no option to postpone travel!

Many thanks!

sakura
Diamond Member

Re: ILR - Need to retain spouse passport /have passport retu

Post by sakura » Tue Jan 13, 2009 11:07 am

mzungu wrote:Hi

We will be applying for my wife's ILR in February but I need to travel on the 3rd of April and understand that I need to submit my passport with our application. By the sounds of it my passport may not reach us in time for me to travel.

Is it possible to have the passport returned shortly after applying or -preferibly- send a birth certificate and any other additional documents instead?

I am just worried I will be left without a passport in April and unfortunately I have no option to postpone travel!

Many thanks!
I believe you can send a certified copy of your passport, but not 100% sure so others can advise you on this.

Alternatively, if it is a straight-forward application, you can use the same-day service at the PEO (Public Enquiry Office). It costs £950, so more than the postal applications, but you should get ILR and your passports back on the same day.

See here for more.

mzungu
Newly Registered

Post by mzungu » Tue Jan 13, 2009 12:22 pm

Hi

Thanks for the swift reply!

A certified copy would be ideal as I still have spares from our spouse visa application 2 years ago - can anyone confirm if this is possible?

I was rather hoping we could avoid having to spend an extra £200 on top of the £750 as it's already quite an amount to have to gather in these cash-strapped times!

republique
BANNED

Post by republique » Tue Jan 13, 2009 1:41 pm

mzungu wrote:Hi

Many thanks!
Or book a PEO appt for same day service

mzungu
Newly Registered

Post by mzungu » Thu Jan 15, 2009 11:15 pm

[quote]I believe you can send a certified copy of your passport, but not 100% sure so others can advise you on this. [/quote]

Does anyone else know if this is the case?

Thanks

mirnat

Post by mirnat » Mon Jan 19, 2009 11:12 am

Hey I've posted a similar topic as my husband is applying for his ILR next month and I really need to travel at the end of March but have heard that it can take 2-3 months for them to process the application and to therefore to receive my original passport back! I too would love to be able to send a certified copy of it with his application so will be interested to see any replies to this question!