ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Varying salary

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

raghu0307

Varying salary

Post by raghu0307 » Tue Jan 13, 2009 1:42 pm

This suddenly struck me. Though late I thought I will clear it up.

My salary structure is such that a certain part of my CTC are reimbursements. These can be claimed monthly pr quarterly depending on what bills we have.

If we dont claim tem at the end of the quarter, they get added to the payslip and become taxable income.

In an almost even fashion(except for one quarter when I claimed the bills),

my salary(both gross and net) are higher at the end of every quarter.

say

month 1 x2

month 2 x2

month 3 x2+ 30,XXX(reimbursements)

For the sake of not making things complex, I havent informed them anything about any reimbursements .
Just what are there on the papers that is my salary.
Luckily if any reimbursements are claimed my company deposits them into my account one week after my salary is credited to my account. So no question of any confusion even in the bank entries as well.

Will this varying salary create any problems. Though I dont see any as in the guidance.

push
United Kingdom

Re: Varying salary

Post by push » Tue Jan 13, 2009 1:59 pm

raghu0307 wrote:This suddenly struck me. Though late I thought I will clear it up.

My salary structure is such that a certain part of my CTC are reimbursements. These can be claimed monthly pr quarterly depending on what bills we have.

If we dont claim tem at the end of the quarter, they get added to the payslip and become taxable income.

say

month 1 x2

month 2 x2

For the sake of not making things complex, I havent informed them anything about any reimbursements .
Luckily if any reimbursements are claimed my company deposits them into my account one week after my salary is credited to my account. So no question of any confusion even in the bank entries as well.

Will this varying salary create any problems. Though I dont see any as in the guidance.
No it wont provided the word reimbursement is not used on the salary slip
regards,
push
Important: Please read this Disclaimer

raghu0307

Re: Varying salary

Post by raghu0307 » Tue Jan 13, 2009 2:02 pm

push_hsmp wrote:
raghu0307 wrote:This suddenly struck me. Though late I thought I will clear it up.

say

month 1 x2

month 2 x2

No the word reimbursement is not there but it is stated as

per bonus others

push
United Kingdom

Post by push » Tue Jan 13, 2009 2:07 pm

Thats fine then.
regards,
push

harryy

Post by harryy » Wed Jan 14, 2009 8:23 am

Hi push_hsmp,

What if there is a term 'Medical Reimbursement' in the pay slip? Will this not be counted in the gross salary?

Rgds.

MyHSMPApplication

Post by MyHSMPApplication » Wed Jan 14, 2009 10:17 am

Hi Push_HSMP
I strongly believe that any benefits, reimbursements mentioned in the payslip can be used to total up the gross salary.

It is only those that doesn't have any reference in the payslip that cannot be claimed.

Please clarify!

Cheers
PG

push
United Kingdom

Post by push » Wed Jan 14, 2009 7:01 pm

harryy wrote:Hi push_hsmp,

What if there is a term 'Medical Reimbursement' in the pay slip? Will this not be counted in the gross salary?

Rgds.
Medical reimbursement is a tricky thing. It is a reimbursement of actual expenditure made by you but at the same time if you do not utilise it, it becomes payable at the year end (taxable though). At the same time it should be note (& this is my understanding) the reimbursement of expenses as it is mentioned in the Guidance note has to do with reimbursements that you claim for the expenses made for work replated purposes like travel, hotel stay etc.

Medical Reimbursement falls outside the ambit of that definition. If inclusion of medical reimbursement is so critical for your points then I would advise you to explain it in your cover letter. Additionally a letter from your employer would be helpful. UKBA accepts allowances that are part of your emoluments and have been stated in your appointment letter.
regards,
push