ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Just another maintanence funds question.

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

encan
Newly Registered

Just another maintanence funds question.

Post by encan » Tue Jan 13, 2009 3:52 pm

Having this much help is great!! I want to thank anybody who parcitipate and help people around the world.

I am planning to apply to Tier 1 General visa. I get enough points for each part except the maintanence funds section.

Now i am planning to put money to my account and wait for more than 3 months. My family is going to transfer money to my account. How ever i have some questions in my mind.

I live in Turkey and planning to apply from here.

I would like to keep the money in a GBP account under my name in a Turkish bank. Would this be a problem if i dont keep the money in Turkish Liras but in GBP?

Another thing i want to ask is that since the money will be given to me from my family will this be a problem? my account will show the balance from 0 to 2800+ not increasingly but all of a sudden. Will this create problem? Or can i wait more than 3 months and not include the day the money transfer was made.

Thank you very much in advance.

push
United Kingdom

Re: Just another maintanence funds question.

Post by push » Tue Jan 13, 2009 4:39 pm

encan wrote:Having this much help is great!! I want to thank anybody who parcitipate and help people around the world.

I am planning to apply to Tier 1 General visa. I get enough points for each part except the maintanence funds section.

Now i am planning to put money to my account and wait for more than 3 months. My family is going to transfer money to my account. How ever i have some questions in my mind.

I live in Turkey and planning to apply from here.

I would like to keep the money in a GBP account under my name in a Turkish bank. Would this be a problem if i dont keep the money in Turkish Liras but in GBP?

Another thing i want to ask is that since the money will be given to me from my family will this be a problem? my account will show the balance from 0 to 2800+ not increasingly but all of a sudden. Will this create problem? Or can i wait more than 3 months and not include the day the money transfer was made.

Thank you very much in advance.
maintain the account for more than 3 months and show statements for just three months. This would not then capture the lumpsum transfer of £2800. Also ensure that there are some transactions in the account.
regards,
push
Important: Please read this Disclaimer