ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Series of Unfortunate events-- REFUSAL

Archived UK Tier 1 (Post-Study Work) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

endurance
Newly Registered

Series of Unfortunate events-- REFUSAL

Post by endurance » Mon Jan 12, 2009 3:48 pm

hi everyone..

i am victim of classic case of misfortune...nothing within my means which could have stopped or prevent it from happening...

i learned about the new maintenance rule of 3 months balance and accordingly got 800.00 in my account since 22 august 08..my new accounts has all the standing orders and direct debits set and due tio which i opened a new accounts so that it has no unexpoected charges which would have affected my 800.00 balance at any time..the new account opened was a normal card cash account or atleast that was wht i wanted and agreed on..i went for holiday and came back and enquired about it and found pout that balnce wwent down by 12.00 pounds because bank decided to charge me interest on mainataing a ultimate reward account which i hadnt requested for..upon which i went to the bank and immediately put the difference in and dispute dwith bank which then agreed and converted the account to cash card..but did the same next month and i put difference in the bank ,... now im still in dispute but due to lack of time i had to put that statement with myy application...my visa end on 30 nov 08 ..90 days was up on 22nd nov ...my convocation where i get the degree was on 21st nov 08 and finally my bank only posts bnk statment and doeesnt give it in hand so when i finally got my final bnk statement it was 26th nov and i applied on 27th nd HO received it on 28th nov..

to add to my predicament ...my application the first part had an use of correction fluid ..the reason was that i initially wannit to pay by postal order and later decided to pay by card..so i applied the fluid on tick box becuase payment method changed so on those grounds my application was invalid and sent back on 4th dec 08..in a state of panic called a solicitoir who suggested to re send with covering letter and with postal orders which i did the next day 5th ...now today got refusal letter on the grounds of maintenace funds falling by 12.00 pounds for few days and have been awarded 0 points for that ..but because they received my application on 5 dec ...it has been counted as over stayed for 5 days and hence no right of appeal has been given and ben told that to leave immediately....just recently got permanent for 28k job and now have to leave and apply from home country..which i shall...just so sad that HO cannot make allowances or gives me chance to explain the reason of my maintence funds dropping...itss my bank fault...i have all correspondence to prove that now i have to leave everything and go away for three months apply..my life has been put on halt...wht amazes me they havent given me my passport back...i called them twice to find out and they were not able to locate or help me with that because their systems r down..i left messages and have asked them to call back still no answer...when i asked one of the advisor he told me not to book yr ticket yet coz they dont know how long it will take for them locate my passport....im so gutted....im sure they have misplaced it...i dont understand how can they get away with this error and we dont have any rooms for the silliest and insignificant erros...

salam123

Re: Series of Unfortunate events-- REFUSAL

Post by salam123 » Mon Jan 12, 2009 4:03 pm

endurance wrote:hi everyone..

i am victim of classic case of misfortune...nothing within my means which could have stopped or prevent it from happening...

i learned about the new maintenance rule of 3 months balance and accordingly got 800.00 in my account since 22 august 08..my new accounts has all the standing orders and direct debits set and due tio which i opened a new accounts so that it has no unexpoected charges which would have affected my 800.00 balance at any time..the new account opened was a normal card cash account or atleast that was wht i wanted and agreed on..i went for holiday and came back and enquired about it and found pout that balnce wwent down by 12.00 pounds because bank decided to charge me interest on mainataing a ultimate reward account which i hadnt requested for..upon which i went to the bank and immediately put the difference in and dispute dwith bank which then agreed and converted the account to cash card..but did the same next month and i put difference in the bank ,... now im still in dispute but due to lack of time i had to put that statement with myy application...my visa end on 30 nov 08 ..90 days was up on 22nd nov ...my convocation where i get the degree was on 21st nov 08 and finally my bank only posts bnk statment and doeesnt give it in hand so when i finally got my final bnk statement it was 26th nov and i applied on 27th nd HO received it on 28th nov..

to add to my predicament ...my application the first part had an use of correction fluid ..the reason was that i initially wannit to pay by postal order and later decided to pay by card..so i applied the fluid on tick box becuase payment method changed so on those grounds my application was invalid and sent back on 4th dec 08..in a state of panic called a solicitoir who suggested to re send with covering letter and with postal orders which i did the next day 5th ...now today got refusal letter on the grounds of maintenace funds falling by 12.00 pounds for few days and have been awarded 0 points for that ..but because they received my application on 5 dec ...it has been counted as over stayed for 5 days and hence no right of appeal has been given and ben told that to leave immediately....just recently got permanent for 28k job and now have to leave and apply from home country..which i shall...just so sad that HO cannot make allowances or gives me chance to explain the reason of my maintence funds dropping...itss my bank fault...i have all correspondence to prove that now i have to leave everything and go away for three months apply..my life has been put on halt...wht amazes me they havent given me my passport back...i called them twice to find out and they were not able to locate or help me with that because their systems r down..i left messages and have asked them to call back still no answer...when i asked one of the advisor he told me not to book yr ticket yet coz they dont know how long it will take for them locate my passport....im so gutted....im sure they have misplaced it...i dont understand how can they get away with this error and we dont have any rooms for the silliest and insignificant erros...
that's so unfortunate.............u should have at least 800 in ur bank for the last closing balance.......

endurance
Newly Registered

Re: Series of Unfortunate events-- REFUSAL

Post by endurance » Mon Jan 12, 2009 5:21 pm

salam123 wrote:
endurance wrote:hi everyone..

that's so unfortunate.............u should have at least 800 in ur bank for the last closing balance.......

oh i did...my closing balance was olways 800.00 or above in all the three months...but yet i was refused...i mean it makes no sense to me...if it was a 'ROBOT' reviewing yr case and was programmed to refuse application if yr balance falls at any time i would have accpeted that..but the caseworkers r humans with perception, common sense and discretion and yet i was declined...if the case worker would have looked at the bank stmnt correctly she would have noticed the balnce fell becasue of bank mainitencace charge and not for personal use and it came back strght after..it seems like these case workers accumulated alot of work after xmas and were in deperate rush to diminsh their work load and harldy spent a minute on each applications. i mean why give them the honour and call them case workers ..i can do their jobs...just see if applications is in chk and grant random leave...i mean cmmn if u have 789.00 balnce in yr bank for couple of days does that mean that i am going to not support my self and use public funds..i mean any of these HO staff or case workders have a constant balance of 800.00 balance in their accounts...why wud a student who btw r not allowed to wrk more than 20 hrs have 800.00 lying around in their accounts ..if they have beeen sponsored by their parents they are being sent money to maintain n pay bills..not to hold on and enhance their bank accounts...who made this rule..' MARK MY WORDS' this will be reviewed...this maintenance funds rule is encouraging student to borrow money from friends n family for three months...wht happens if after psw has been issued.the applicant can still use public funds its nothing stopping them ..i mean if i were the case worker i would want to know who sponsors the applicant wht associations the applicant has .. that in a situation whne psw applicant losses job which memeber of the family is able to help him..!! most rules in uk dont make sense...so lets leave it at that...HO is known for their blooperss..hence the recession...!!

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by Wanderer » Mon Jan 12, 2009 5:32 pm

It's the PBS mate, like or lump it it's for both parties benefit in that you know where you stand when u send the app, you have the points or you don't, simple as.

The other side is the simpleton at the HO just has to tick yes or no.

You got a 'no' and you must have known you;d get one when you applied...
An chéad stad eile Stáisiún Uí Chonghaile....

megastar
Newly Registered

Post by megastar » Mon Jan 12, 2009 5:35 pm

that is absolutely right... what they can do if people borrow and put money into bank just for 3months and access the public funds.
crazy HO people with small brains..

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by Wanderer » Mon Jan 12, 2009 5:40 pm

megastar wrote:that is absolutely right... what they can do if people borrow and put money into bank just for 3months and access the public funds.
I'd blame the abusers of the system rather than the HO, drastic measures and all that.

The HO is going for a full tick box immigration system, so there's no need to employ people with brains, apart from FM of course.

Tick
Tick
Tick
Cross
Tick
Tick

Denied.
An chéad stad eile Stáisiún Uí Chonghaile....

endurance
Newly Registered

Post by endurance » Tue Jan 13, 2009 9:43 pm

megastar wrote:that is absolutely right... what they can do if people borrow and put money into bank just for 3months and access the public funds.
SMALL BRAINS --- more like NO BRAINs...

Frontier Mole
Respected Guru
European Union

Post by Frontier Mole » Wed Jan 14, 2009 8:34 am

Wanderer wrote:
The HO is going for a full tick box immigration system, so there's no need to employ people with brains, apart from FM of course. Thanks for your confidence not sure it is shared by my boss - morning boss :wink:

Tick
Tick
Tick
Cross ---- Sorry we would stop at that point as it is a refusal. Part of the efficiency saving process :lol:
Tick
Tick
Unfortunately we have to actually carry on with the box ticking until the end!

Denied.