ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EEA2, over 8 months?

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

elevendi

EEA2, over 8 months?

Post by elevendi » Tue Jan 13, 2009 11:03 am

hi there

i am just wondering if there is anything else someone can do (rather then just waiting...) to get his or her application looked at? ...given the length of time that i have waited for a decision

i have applied through a solicitor , my application been sent recorded delivery on 5th of May :)

3 weeks later I received my acknowledgement letter :P

recently i called Enquiry Line : my application is still in the waiting list (queue) :?

any advice on this, many thanks

thsths
United Kingdom

Re: EEA2, over 8 months?

Post by thsths » Tue Jan 13, 2009 11:21 am

elevendi wrote: i am just wondering if there is anything else someone can do (rather then just waiting...) to get his or her application looked at? ...given the length of time that i have waited for a decision
Well, you can, but it may or may not make a difference. You can complain to the UKBA (North West section), or you can ask your MP to contact the UKBA. The EU offers you essentially two options: you can ask SOLVIT to investigate your case, or you can complain to the European commission.

I think an official complaint can speed up the processing if you have been waiting for more than 6 months, but it does not work magic.

elevendi

Post by elevendi » Wed Jan 14, 2009 1:34 am

many many thanks for your prompt reply, thsths

i am going to try to go through your advise and see what happens

just one more thing
can someone tell me what's the appropriate way of submitting a complaint? mail, fax, email? does it make any difference?

thanks

MAKUSA
BANNED

Incompetent bunch

Post by MAKUSA » Wed Jan 14, 2009 8:54 am

A bunch of incompetent imbeciles, write directly to the EU complaints office with full details of your case, they are taking the biscuit.

http://ec.europa.eu/community_law/your_ ... rms_en.htm

Good luck

elevendi

Post by elevendi » Sun Jan 18, 2009 3:11 pm

thanks First-Class Moron for the link

i've been browsing all topics regarding EEA2 application, right now it seems like the new standard waiting time is around 9 months, if no answer after this, i think someone is been left with no other choices then just seek help with EU complaints.

let's hope HO stuff would take some overtime and finish for once with this backlog

cb1964

Post by cb1964 » Tue Jan 20, 2009 8:45 pm

My husband's application was received by the UK Border agency in March 2008... 10 1/2 months later he finally received his passport and visa. We contacted our local MP in November and SOLVIT recently. Both were helpful and supportive.

Don't expect any response from the UKBA - they only communicated with our MP never with us!!!!

elevendi

Post by elevendi » Wed Jan 21, 2009 11:40 am

thanks cb1964 for your info

i am going to write letter to my MP, PLEASE could someone provide me with SOLVIT link, i googled for it but got load of links and i am not sure which is the right one

thanks!