ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Citizenship timeline tracker.

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

opengl
Newly Registered

Post by opengl » Wed Jan 14, 2009 10:51 am

Did anyone who sent their additionals docs in Nov 2006 contacted DOJ recently (in last 2 weeks) to find the latest status? It has been approx over 2 months now and its possible that there is some update.

ib_dublin

Re: any idea

Post by ib_dublin » Wed Jan 14, 2009 10:53 am

With the followup my application - Oct-06, I found they have garda clearance in 5week and then around 7weeks application was prepared and waiting on sent to Minister in INIS. after this 4-6weeks application stays with minister and then 1-2weeks INIS takes time to inform applicant (Depends on number of application and where your application is placed)

ib_dublin

Post by ib_dublin » Wed Jan 14, 2009 10:54 am

With the followup my application - Oct-06, I found they have garda clearance in 5week and then around 7weeks application was prepared and waiting on sent to Minister in INIS. after this 4-6weeks application stays with minister and then 1-2weeks INIS takes time to inform applicant (Depends on number of application and where your application is placed)

Dublin1

Post by Dublin1 » Wed Jan 14, 2009 10:55 am

opengl wrote:Did anyone who sent their additionals docs in Nov 2006 contacted DOJ recently (in last 2 weeks) to find the latest status? It has been approx over 2 months now and its possible that there is some update.
Yes me, yesterday.
I was told my garda clearnce came back and they asked me to mail them copy of GNIB card, as thier system didn't show mine as renewed.

mktsoi
Member of Standing

Post by mktsoi » Wed Jan 14, 2009 10:59 am

another_immigrant wrote:
EBS wrote:To all 2005-2006 applicants:

My guess, is that the "story about awaiting garda clearance cert. " is pure untrue, 90%.

A few months ago on EuroNews Programme there was a report about talk between Europe Commission and Irish DOJ, regarding citizenship process, not complying with general regulations about human rights and bla bla bla... Later After that, DOJ have started 2007, and officially made "...currently processing 2007..".

All garda info and clearance can be made electronically, they have centralised computer system, (this how they check "2007 people").

So, i am convinced, that at the moment all general applications for 2006 are currently just on hold.
How do you know the Garda Info and Clearance can be done automatically ? ( At this stage I'm convinced that the INIS do all the official things by writing to other deptartments by post etc. and this is taking quite a lot time. ) also I didn't understand why the 2006 applications are being on hold ? ( I think INIS speeded up but this time Garda has got stuck... unfortunately)
i dont know if it is instant computer checks or not but certainly it is not going to take as long as INIS claimed. if you think of it. what dept is INIS under? The DOJ!!!!!!! are you telling me it takes 7 weeks to look up something you already have in your own dept?

Heybabyy

Post by Heybabyy » Wed Jan 14, 2009 11:41 am

The applications are dealt by INIS (part of DoJ). The garda check is done by Garda Siochana. They are not same department and their IT systems are connected. Deal with any public office and you may realise that 6-8 weeks response time is generally considered good service. :(

mktsoi
Member of Standing

Post by mktsoi » Wed Jan 14, 2009 12:28 pm

Heybabyy wrote:The applications are dealt by INIS (part of DoJ). The garda check is done by Garda Siochana. They are not same department and their IT systems are connected. Deal with any public office and you may realise that 6-8 weeks response time is generally considered good service. :(
look. if you are a student or worker or asylum seeker and trying to renew your permission to remain in Ireland. would you like to know if that person ever committed any crime or problem in the country before you renew his permission?

i used to work in the public service, trust me, if they want to look up your record in the department. it doesnt take long if they really wanted to! there is always something that they wont tell you, may be they have a tea break 45 mins everyday hahaha. you think they going to tell you this?

EBS

Post by EBS » Wed Jan 14, 2009 12:45 pm

mktsoi wrote:
Heybabyy wrote:The applications are dealt by INIS (part of DoJ). The garda check is done by Garda Siochana. They are not same department and their IT systems are connected. Deal with any public office and you may realise that 6-8 weeks response time is generally considered good service. :(
look. if you are a student or worker or asylum seeker and trying to renew your permission to remain in Ireland. would you like to know if that person ever committed any crime or problem in the country before you renew his permission?

i used to work in the public service, trust me, if they want to look up your record in the department. it doesnt take long if they really wanted to! there is always something that they wont tell you, may be they have a tea break 45 mins everyday hahaha. you think they going to tell you this?
Absolutely agree, they just playing Lottery with our applications, close their eyes and take anything or play like football with our papers. How else you can explain such unbelievable backlog.

another_immigrant

Post by another_immigrant » Wed Jan 14, 2009 1:12 pm

Dublin1 wrote:
opengl wrote:Did anyone who sent their additionals docs in Nov 2006 contacted DOJ recently (in last 2 weeks) to find the latest status? It has been approx over 2 months now and its possible that there is some update.
Yes me, yesterday.
I was told my garda clearnce came back and they asked me to mail them copy of GNIB card, as thier system didn't show mine as renewed.
Hey Dublin1,

Similar case here. I sent my additional doc.s back in november and asked for an update last week. (orig application Jul/Aug 06) They said they need to see the copy of my most recent GNIB card because I had renewed it before chrismas. I posted and then rang them yesterday and they told me they're waiting for garda clearance now and it was requested back in october. So it's been 3 months for garda check. (i guess the GNIB card should be most up-to-date before Garda gives the approval.) but this is a bit disorganised way because if I didn't ask for an update I wouldn't have known that they needed my GNIB card...even if they're doing everything by writing and posting etc, 3 months is too long...This communication could be faster by even smoke...

another_immigrant

Post by another_immigrant » Wed Jan 14, 2009 1:23 pm

mktsoi wrote:
another_immigrant wrote:
EBS wrote:To all 2005-2006 applicants:

My guess, is that the "story about awaiting garda clearance cert. " is pure untrue, 90%.

A few months ago on EuroNews Programme there was a report about talk between Europe Commission and Irish DOJ, regarding citizenship process, not complying with general regulations about human rights and bla bla bla... Later After that, DOJ have started 2007, and officially made "...currently processing 2007..".

All garda info and clearance can be made electronically, they have centralised computer system, (this how they check "2007 people").

So, i am convinced, that at the moment all general applications for 2006 are currently just on hold.
How do you know the Garda Info and Clearance can be done automatically ? ( At this stage I'm convinced that the INIS do all the official things by writing to other deptartments by post etc. and this is taking quite a lot time. ) also I didn't understand why the 2006 applications are being on hold ? ( I think INIS speeded up but this time Garda has got stuck... unfortunately)
i dont know if it is instant computer checks or not but certainly it is not going to take as long as INIS claimed. if you think of it. what dept is INIS under? The DOJ!!!!!!! are you telling me it takes 7 weeks to look up something you already have in your own dept?
For my LTR, even though I live in Dublin, I was told by the Garda station in city centre that I should post my request to another garda unit in another county. I guess this sort of things are causing delay in the garda check. Also I don't think the INIS and Garda can access to the same system online or connected to each other. Otherwise, the INIS wouldn't have asked my most recent GNIB card. They could have checked the renewal in the system quickly rather then requesting by post. God knows how long more it'll take....:(

strongbow
Member of Standing

Post by strongbow » Wed Jan 14, 2009 1:36 pm

I have tried calling up the citizenship section on the phone nos given on the website but despite being on the line for 15 to 20 mins I was still kept on hold with the message "all our operators are busy" and eventually i had to hang up since I was calling from work. I see here that several people have called up the citizenship section. Any idea as to how long is usually the "on-hold" thing? I have tried a couple of times till now.

mktsoi
Member of Standing

Post by mktsoi » Wed Jan 14, 2009 1:38 pm

strongbow wrote:I have tried calling up the citizenship section on the phone nos given on the website but despite being on the line for 15 to 20 mins I was still kept on hold with the message "all our operators are busy" and eventually i had to hang up since I was calling from work. I see here that several people have called up the citizenship section. Any idea as to how long is usually the "on-hold" thing? I have tried a couple of times till now.
i have done that few times. sometime they picked up very quickly. let say few mins, sometimes could be 20 mins, but i never had to hold more than 20 mins i must say

Heybabyy

Post by Heybabyy » Wed Jan 14, 2009 1:41 pm

mktsoi wrote: i used to work in the public service, trust me, if they want to look up your record in the department. it doesnt take long if they really wanted to! there is always something that they wont tell you, may be they have a tea break 45 mins everyday hahaha. you think they going to tell you this?
It is not looking record in department (inter), it is intra-department i.e. INIS asking for Garda clearance from Garda Siochana.

Public service is a joke here - ask any Irish or listen to radio any afternoon. The current state of Irish economy is an evidence of the extent, the things have been mismanaged in the country. Giving passport to non-nationals or providing assistance in that matter is definitely not their priority or their interest.

Lost Soul

Post by Lost Soul » Wed Jan 14, 2009 2:31 pm

After applying in June 2006 I finally received my Certificate of Naturalisation yesterday. It is an A4 laminated certificate fairly presentable but two points stick out:

1) The INIS are too budget conscious to use decent envelopes so the postman folded it in half.

2) The certificate is completely in Irish, I can't read a word and and none of the 14 Irish people in my office can translate it. I'm working on the translation now.

At least the long wait is over and I can apply for a passport. You have to send original birth and marriage certificates by post with your passport application, hopefully they don't manage to lose them.

strongbow
Member of Standing

Post by strongbow » Wed Jan 14, 2009 2:34 pm

I have tried calling up the citizenship section on the phone nos given on the website but despite being on the line for 15 to 20 mins I was still kept on hold with the message "all our operators are busy" and eventually i had to hang up since I was calling from work. I see here that several people have called up the citizenship section. Any idea as to how long is usually the "on-hold" thing? I have tried a couple of times till now.

EBS

Post by EBS » Wed Jan 14, 2009 2:56 pm

Lost Soul wrote:After applying in June 2006 I finally received my Certificate of Naturalisation yesterday. It is an A4 laminated certificate fairly presentable but two points stick out:

1) The INIS are too budget conscious to use decent envelopes so the postman folded it in half.

2) The certificate is completely in Irish, I can't read a word and and none of the 14 Irish people in my office can translate it. I'm working on the translation now.

At least the long wait is over and I can apply for a passport. You have to send original birth and marriage certificates by post with your passport application, hopefully they don't manage to lose them.
Congratulations!! What basis have you applied on?

Heybabyy

Post by Heybabyy » Wed Jan 14, 2009 3:01 pm

Yes strongbow, I too have experienced that. The best option is hung up after 5 mins and try again after 15-20 mins. Also the line is busy around 10ish as everyone try to ring, but fairly ok after 11am. I always used the lo-call number rather than the actual tipperary number.

Try again tomorrow and best of luck.

Heybabyy

Post by Heybabyy » Wed Jan 14, 2009 3:03 pm

Lost Soul wrote:After applying in June 2006 I finally received my Certificate of Naturalisation yesterday. It is an A4 laminated certificate fairly presentable but two points stick out:

Congrats when did you sent additional docs. Please provide your timelines details.

rustig
Newly Registered

Still waiting since August 2006

Post by rustig » Wed Jan 14, 2009 3:03 pm

I applied in august 2006 and kept them up to date with all re-issue of Garda Card and passport stamps. In November 2008 I was asked for P21 and Bank Statements and 3 payslips. "Again"!. Since no word. Lady from Belarus applied same time she recived hers in December. Indian colleague informed me that his friend applied in 2007 and received his. As far as I am concerned, I really cannot care about this anymore. I am on my way to Canada, where there they are organised and treat everyone equal. Personnally I experience that Ireland does not want foreign nationals here, by delaying they hope you packup and dissapear. This country's economy will be the last to recover in Europe. So if you are able to move while you still can.

LuasPassenger

Post by LuasPassenger » Wed Jan 14, 2009 3:44 pm

strongbow wrote:I have tried calling up the citizenship section on the phone nos given on the website but despite being on the line for 15 to 20 mins I was still kept on hold with the message "all our operators are busy" and eventually i had to hang up since I was calling from work. I see here that several people have called up the citizenship section. Any idea as to how long is usually the "on-hold" thing? I have tried a couple of times till now.
I have rung INIS on two occassions.

The first time I had the same experience you did (had to call several times before somebody picked up the phone). I started calling from 10:00 sharp and I didn't get through until around 11:30. The girl who answered didn't seem to know much about the naturalisation procedure.

The second time I called they picked up immediately. It was shortly after 10:00. The person who answered this time (an older lady) was very knowledgeable, efficient, and very helpful.

So it's proably just another INIS lottery. :) It just depends on who they have answering the phone.

By the way, until recently there were only two phone numbers for Citizenship: one in Dublin and a LoCall number. I assume both numbers communicated to the same office.
Right now, there's one in phone number in Tipperary and the LoCall number. So I think they just re-directed the LoCall number from Dublin to Tipperary.

LuasPassenger

Re: Still waiting since August 2006

Post by LuasPassenger » Wed Jan 14, 2009 3:53 pm

rustig wrote:I applied in august 2006 and kept them up to date with all re-issue of Garda Card and passport stamps. In November 2008 I was asked for P21 and Bank Statements and 3 payslips. "Again"!. Since no word. Lady from Belarus applied same time she recived hers in December. Indian colleague informed me that his friend applied in 2007 and received his. As far as I am concerned, I really cannot care about this anymore. I am on my way to Canada, where there they are organised and treat everyone equal. Personnally I experience that Ireland does not want foreign nationals here, by delaying they hope you packup and dissapear. This country's economy will be the last to recover in Europe. So if you are able to move while you still can.
Sorry to hear it didn't work out for you rustig.

Just a thought:
If you're not interested in Irish Citizenship anymore and if you don't mind, could you withdraw your application? This way, the queue will go a tiny bit faster to the ones who are still interested... Thanks! :)

Lost Soul

Post by Lost Soul » Wed Jan 14, 2009 4:03 pm

I originally applied on the basis of 5 years residence in June 2006, received confirmation in July 2006, letter stating my application was queued in November 2006.

I sent P21's as and when I received them.

Was never asked for additional information at all.

Received approval in December 2008, went to court the next Monday, 8 December 2008. Received Certificate 13 January 2009.

Hooray!

Darkhorse

Post by Darkhorse » Wed Jan 14, 2009 4:03 pm

rustig wrote:I applied in august 2006 and kept them up to date with all re-issue of Garda Card and passport stamps. In November 2008 I was asked for P21 and Bank Statements and 3 payslips. "Again"!. Since no word. Lady from Belarus applied same time she recived hers in December. Indian colleague informed me that his friend applied in 2007 and received his. As far as I am concerned, I really cannot care about this anymore. I am on my way to Canada, where there they are organised and treat everyone equal. Personnally I experience that Ireland does not want foreign nationals here, by delaying they hope you packup and dissapear. This country's economy will be the last to recover in Europe. So if you are able to move while you still can.
Rustig, it is pity you have been waiting for years and you eventually give up. I wish you luck in canadian application. In case you received an approval letter next month, I hope you can be true to your word. You have oppertunity to refuse it still.

Good luck !!!

Dublin1

Post by Dublin1 » Wed Jan 14, 2009 4:27 pm

not sure but I think ur application are on the top of the list these days, so 1 or 2 more month wouldn't hurt you.
I think even if you moved to Canada and some of ur friends here can check ur email and advise you of the court dates.

rustig
Newly Registered

Application

Post by rustig » Wed Jan 14, 2009 4:43 pm

:lol:
I doubt if I withdrew my application it will make any difference to the people in the cue. seeing that there is no system it will not make a difference. I can asure you that it does make a difference if you enter the canadian system as it work on first come first served.