ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Points for Education without Original Diplomas!

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

mdeleo01
Newly Registered

Points for Education without Original Diplomas!

Post by mdeleo01 » Fri Jun 10, 2005 9:26 pm

Hi-

Has anyone received points for education without sending their original diplomas? I sent official school transcripts for both my undergraduate and masters degrees, but I only sent copies of my diplomas.

I've read that some people (on this board) received their diplomas back a YEAR later and torn up. Not wanting to lose my original certificates, I sent official transcripts from my schools (on tamper proof paper with the breakdown of courses and grades), as well as photocopies of the diplomas.

Now I'm really worried that the HO will refuse my education because I didn't send the original diplomas.

Has anyone else sent transcripts without original diplomas and received points? It might not be too late for me to send my diplomas if I need to. Help Please!

Kotiara

Re: Points for Education without Original Diplomas!

Post by Kotiara » Sat Jun 11, 2005 5:28 am

hgh
Last edited by Kotiara on Mon Jun 07, 2010 9:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

homeistheuk
Newly Registered

Post by homeistheuk » Sat Jun 11, 2005 11:49 pm

I sent color copies on great thick paper, and it made it seem original, but I had them stamped as certified and my case was approved.

Another option is to send the degree in a small light frame, a little extra on the postage, but that way it will not get torn or ripped.

bani

Post by bani » Sun Jun 12, 2005 1:30 am

hi, i sent in official transcripts of both phd and bachelors degrees. in addition, i sent a letter from my department stating my phd degree, dates of attendance, graduation date, etc. i didn't send in the degree certificates because i'm used to getting transcript requests instead, i never had to show the certificates for anything before. had i read this board before i submitted my application, i would have at least sent in notarised copies of those - i suggest you do this just to be sure. but the transcripts and letter were accepted anyway and i got the 30 points. my hsmp was approved oct 2004.

tgs

Post by tgs » Sun Jun 12, 2005 11:04 am

I only send a transcripts from the University Administration and I know a friend of mine did the same. It was original transscripts, not copies. We we approved.