ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 1 Uk -First time entry and come back to home country.

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

sureshep

Tier 1 Uk -First time entry and come back to home country.

Post by sureshep » Sat Jan 10, 2009 5:05 pm

Hi All,

I had been watching through various threads regarding the first entry after the Tier 1 visa within 6 months.

I clearly understand that, we can travel any date before our visa expiry. However, we need to provide valid reason at immigration checks in UK airports and should be strong enough to convinence the officer. I donno what reasons should valid and acceptable.....? and I am assuming immigration officer has every right to restrict our entry to UK - if we plan to go after 6 months.

But, how about this one :

1. Enter UK first time within 6 months and make our arrangements like - bank account, any UK specific ID generations (SSN for example) within 1 month, come back to home country - stay here till we see any changes in UK markets or search from here and then move on.

I understand that, it will effect for our ILR or future visa extensions we stay back in home country. But, I am assuming there is no other go till market tunes up.

My question is - how long I can stay back in home country once after first visit to UK ?

Appreciate all your time in reading this query and valuable inputs. Looking forward to your kind and earliest responses.

Regards,
Suresh

vinny

Post by vinny » Sat Jan 10, 2009 11:43 pm

This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

push
United Kingdom

Post by push » Sun Jan 11, 2009 2:04 am

See this too.
regards,
push
Important: Please read this Disclaimer

sureshep

Post by sureshep » Mon Jan 12, 2009 8:49 am

Thanx vinny and push_hsmp for your responses.

But, there is no timeframe mentioned in the above attached threads.
Was looking into extensively as it will have more importance or impact on me for timelines to stay in home country.

Regards,
Suresh.

push
United Kingdom

Post by push » Mon Jan 12, 2009 9:21 am

sureshep wrote:Thanx vinny and push_hsmp for your responses.

But, there is no timeframe mentioned in the above attached threads.
Was looking into extensively as it will have more importance or impact on me for timelines to stay in home country.

Regards,
Suresh.
The point is, theoretically you can enter UK even on the last day of your VISA validity but it will have implications for your ILR and secondly how will you satisfy the immigration officer? What acceptable and plausible excuse can you come up with when he asks you why did not you come to UK earlier when you had indicated your intentions to enter UK on the VISA start date?
regards,
push
Important: Please read this Disclaimer

abenjamin9
Newly Registered

Post by abenjamin9 » Wed Jan 14, 2009 4:23 pm

Hi.
I am in a similar situation. I am planning to submit my application next week, January 21, so should hopefully have it back by Feb 15-28. Then I would like to go to London for 3-4 weeks in March to further my job search with hopes of moving permanently around April 15th or May 1st. So should I request a post dated visa for March 1st or April 15th? Hypothetically, would it be an issue to travel from USA to London in March if my passport has a visa that is effective starting April 15?
Thanks for all your help!