ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Mistake by ECO - visa start date

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

harakiri

Mistake by ECO - visa start date

Post by harakiri » Wed Jan 14, 2009 3:47 pm

I had asked for the Tier 1 visa to be stamped from 15/2/2009, however it seems that the ECO did not see that I had clearly mentioned this on the covering letter and stamped the visa starting from 7/1/2009.

I requested them to issue visa starting from 15/2/2009 as I will need to serve a month's notice in my organization before I leave for the UK.

I have tried to call them on their helpline number, but no luck, sent 2 emails till date explaining the reasons, still no luck. Any other suggestions the team here has to offer?

Thanks.

kundalak

Post by kundalak » Wed Jan 14, 2009 3:51 pm

Harakiri What did you fill in the VAF9 (for travel date - the first thing to fill)?

push
United Kingdom

Re: Mistake by ECO - visa start date

Post by push » Wed Jan 14, 2009 8:16 pm

harakiri wrote:I had asked for the Tier 1 visa to be stamped from 15/2/2009, however it seems that the ECO did not see that I had clearly mentioned this on the covering letter and stamped the visa starting from 7/1/2009.

I requested them to issue visa starting from 15/2/2009 as I will need to serve a month's notice in my organization before I leave for the UK.

I have tried to call them on their helpline number, but no luck, sent 2 emails till date explaining the reasons, still no luck. Any other suggestions the team here has to offer?

Thanks.
See this on UKBA website:
Check your visa
Please check your visa when you get it. You should make sure that:
your personal details are correct
it correctly states the purpose for which you want to come to the UK, and
it is valid for the date on which you want to travel. (You can ask for it to be post-dated up to three months if you do not plan to travel immediately).
If you think there is anything wrong with your visa, contact the visa application centre or visa section immediately.
regards,
push
Important: Please read this Disclaimer

harakiri

Post by harakiri » Fri Jan 16, 2009 3:00 am

kundalak wrote:Harakiri What did you fill in the VAF9 (for travel date - the first thing to fill)?
25/2/2009