ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spelling mistake in University Name NARIC!

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

raghava39@rediffmail.com

Spelling mistake in University Name NARIC!

Post by raghava39@rediffmail.com » Thu Jan 01, 2009 4:27 pm

Dear members,

I am about to apply for Tier-1 Visa in January 2009. I have a copy of the Self-Assessment tool. Self Assessment tool recognizes my university but the name of my university is given wrongly

Name of the University: Sri Venkateswara university, Tirupati

Name as it appears in the PBS Calculator: Sri Vinkatewara University, Tirupati

Should I highlight this point my covering letter. Please advise. Anybody else faced this problem?

P.S: Anybody applying for Tier-1 in Jan 2009 from Bangalore? Please send pm to me. We could discuss more.

Thanks
Raghavendran.G

push
United Kingdom

Post by push » Thu Jan 01, 2009 6:37 pm

My advice:

(1) Send a letter to HO and point out that there is a mistake in the name of the College. Wait till the amendment is done and then apply (too long a process). Implications for you - Time delay but application fool proof

(2) Get a NARIC certification for your degree and then apply. Implications for you - 1.5 months+Some costs but application fool proof

(3) Apply as it is. Highlight the fact that the name of the institution in HO's dropdown list has a spelling mistake. Support this by enclosing printouts of University's webpage and by providing the link to its website. NARIC acknowledges Universities based on information it receives from accrediting bodies from other countries. In the case of India it is UGC for higher education and AICTE for MBA and technical institutes. Pull out a page from UGC/AICTE's websites and submit along with your application.
Implications for you - You can submit the application immediately but there is a minimal risk, if any, of rejection.
So based on your time/money/risk profile constraints take a decision
regards,
push
Important: Please read this Disclaimer

raghava39@rediffmail.com

Post by raghava39@rediffmail.com » Fri Jan 02, 2009 2:55 am

Hi,

I have added a note like this. Please advise if this is ok.

Note: Here I would like to bring to your attention that the name of university in the dropdown list of the Points based calculator tool is Sri Vinkateswara University, Tirupati where as the actual name of the university is Sri Venkateswara University, Tirupati (Web: www.svuniversity.in). I would request to award full points under qualification section ignoring the typo error in the NARIC database

Thanks
Raghavendran.G

R053992

Post by R053992 » Fri Jan 02, 2009 7:11 am

shouldn't the last line be '...the typo error in the self assessment tool' instead of '...typo error in the NARIC database' ?

raghava39@rediffmail.com

Post by raghava39@rediffmail.com » Fri Jan 02, 2009 8:04 am

R053992 wrote:shouldn't the last line be '...the typo error in the self assessment tool' instead of '...typo error in the NARIC database' ?
As the Self Assessment tool picks up university names from NARIC database, I had put it like that. Can I change it as you mentioned, please let me know.

Thanks
Raghavendran.G

R053992

Post by R053992 » Fri Jan 02, 2009 8:17 am

If I was in your shoes I would go for option 1 and 2 suggested by push_hsmp above.

raghava39@rediffmail.com

Post by raghava39@rediffmail.com » Fri Jan 02, 2009 9:28 am

I have written a letter to NARIC requesting them to update the name of the university. As I am in little hurry (I am trying to get 20 points for age which I will lose if I submit beyond February 2009) , I am adding a note to the qualification as per the above post and trying to submit the application

Thanks
Raghavendran.G

push
United Kingdom

Post by push » Fri Jan 02, 2009 9:40 am

raghava39@rediffmail.com wrote:I have written a letter to NARIC requesting them to update the name of the university. As I am in little hurry (I am trying to get 20 points for age which I will lose if I submit beyond February 2009) , I am adding a note to the qualification as per the above post and trying to submit the application

Thanks
Raghavendran.G
See if you are confident about the typo error in the Name and at the same time you have urgency to submit your application to claim the points for age then go ahead and do it. If they reject it (remote possibility), you will still have very good chances of winning through admin appeal. Meanwhile you should actively pursue NARIC as well as HO to make the correction. This should be done independent of your application process i.e. send emails to HO and NARIC re the discrepancy. It could be the case that NARIC provided correct name but there was some mistake at HO's end (or may be the guy who wrote the code for their website) while uploading the list.
regards,
push

raghava39@rediffmail.com

Post by raghava39@rediffmail.com » Fri Jan 02, 2009 10:20 am

push_hsmp wrote: i.e. send emails to HO and NARIC re the discrepancy..
Could you please let me know the address to write to HO. For NARIC I wrote to info@naric.org.uk. Should I get a reply from NARIC, I will use it in application and also upload the same for the benefit of the Online community also.

Thanks
Raghavendran.G

raghava39@rediffmail.com

Post by raghava39@rediffmail.com » Fri Jan 02, 2009 11:24 am

I was trying to put forward my case by using UGC website. I could not find any list of universities under UGC. However I found out list of accredited universities by NAAC an autonomous body under UGC. Can I highlight the report of that one of the supplementary evidence. Please advise

Link

http://naacindia.org/Universities.asp?state=1

P.S: Anybody else facing/faced this issue? Request to post in this thread with what they are going to do / have done.

Thanks
Raghavendran.G

push
United Kingdom

Post by push » Fri Jan 02, 2009 12:42 pm

Yes thats fine
regards,
push

raghava39@rediffmail.com

Post by raghava39@rediffmail.com » Fri Jan 02, 2009 12:43 pm

push_hsmp wrote:Yes thats fine
Thanks for your timely help. Could you please provide me mail id for HO so that I could follow it up for future applicants as well

Thanks
Raghavendran.G

mosy
Newly Registered

Post by mosy » Wed Jan 14, 2009 10:41 pm

raghava39@rediffmail.com wrote:
push_hsmp wrote:Yes thats fine
Thanks for your timely help. Could you please provide me mail id for HO so that I could follow it up for future applicants as well

Thanks
Raghavendran.G
Hi Ragava,

I am also SV University only. I am in UK. I have tried to contact naric over phone. But not getting the lines.

I also see this as a problem. let me know what happened.