ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

September Applicant - Refused today on the Phone

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Jama

Post by Jama » Fri Jun 10, 2005 6:13 pm

Dear all,

it was such a long waiting that when today I called the HO and was informed that my aplication is refused I did not feel anything at that moment....only now, several hours later I realize how frustrated I am. Yas, I must admit it I am really frustrated. I have frosen my life since september. If only you know how much i regret that i did not know about this forum at the time of when i was preparing my application. I am sure I would be successful now. Well, things can only get better and although i am frustrated i still believe God knows better what is better for us. I will use my right to appeal though. :)

I would be grateful to all of you if you could kindly advise me what is the better way to appeal and what moments shall i emphasize?

Thank you all for all your help,

Take care& Good luck to those who are still waiting
Jama

tereshchenko

Post by tereshchenko » Fri Jun 10, 2005 7:42 pm

I'm sorry to see that :oops:
Did you applied for urgent treatment?

Jama

Post by Jama » Fri Jun 10, 2005 10:19 pm

I did apply for urgent treatment, but it did not help as you can see :(

tereshchenko

Post by tereshchenko » Sat Jun 11, 2005 1:10 am

Yeah :(

sunny158

Post by sunny158 » Sat Jun 11, 2005 2:45 am

Jama, I felt exactly the same when I was refused the first time. I did know the forum at that time. However, I did not give up. I studied more about HSMP and prepared a much stronger 2nd application. I have just got it. There are a lot of Poeple who did not get appproval in the first time.

You are gonna to be strong, and know why u got refused, and concentrate on doing a fresh strong application, I think you will be all right. It is useless to feel down all the time. Please turn all the sadness and frustraction into power to fight for the 2nd time.

ispno1

Post by ispno1 » Sat Jun 11, 2005 10:59 am

Hi Jama

sorry to hear about ur rejection. dont loose heart and prepare a better second application or if u feel that ur original application was good enough send in an appeal. btw did they tell u the breakdown of the poiunts and if they did can u share it with us.

Thanks and Regards and best of luck

ha
Newly Registered

Post by ha » Sat Jun 11, 2005 11:33 am

Hi there,

Soory to hear abt ur decision. But don't loose hope & prepare urself for a appeal or 4 a freash application. BTW, can you share with us the reason that you had quoted for the urgent treatment. I'm an august applicant & intend to do the same.

Thanks in advance

ha

Jama

Post by Jama » Sat Jun 11, 2005 6:36 pm

Dear All,

Thank you for all your support, you really help me a lot.

I still do not know if i have to appeal against the initial decision or to try to prapare the second application. The only thing is that I was under 28 last year and this year I will be 29 in November, so no age allowance.... What do you think would be the best option?In my opinion, it was unfair not to give me at least 35 for my work experience. I am a lawyer with 5 years of postgraduate experience and I claimed 50 points for my work experienced as I have been working as a international lawyer for 4 years including one year in the position of the Senior Lawyer. What shall I do to prove that this is the case?? Please assist. :)

Here is the points breakdown:
Education - claimed 25 - given 25
Work Experience - claimed 50 - given 25
Achievement claimed 15 - given 0

I did not claim any points for earning power as i did not have enough evidence to prove my salary. (Now I know it was silly of me , I should have do my best to find all evidence to prove that). Neither claimed any points for my partner as he is still studying for his BSc.

As for the urgent treatment request, I told them that i missed number of job opportunities as I did not expect the application consideration would take that long. And I attached the correpondence with the potential employer to demonstrate that they did not give me the job because I did not have the Work Permit.

Hope this helps.

Many thanks again for your support. I will appreciate if you kindly provide me with your tips re appeal issue.

Take care,
Jama

f2k
Diamond Member

Post by f2k » Mon Jun 13, 2005 9:46 am

Sorry to hear about the refusal. I feel for you especially having waited for such a long time for the result. Anyway just a couple of questions I have that might help you with your appeal, have you received the decision letter yet, if yes what does it say in relation with your points, re work experience, i.e why you only got 25 instead of 35 or 50, another point (which could be linked with experience points as I feel there could be a simple explanation about why you did score more experience points) is that you mentioned your point breakdown but it does not include the 5 points for ‘under 28’, of course the 5 points on their own wont get you to 65 points but it may explain your points for experience, as it could be that you were treated as over 28. so in my view if you were treated for over 28 category then it may easier to appeal either free or paid it now all depends on the evidence that you would put in to prove your age

Jama

Post by Jama » Mon Jun 13, 2005 8:58 pm

Hi f2k,

thank you for your thoughts. I did supply the evidence to prove i was under 28, sorry I just forgot to include it into my breakdown - they gave me 5 points as age allowance, so all together 55.

I am preparing the appeal letter right now. I am going to argue my work experience, I believe they could give me at least 35 points.

One question: If i want to provide some new evidence to my initial application, shall i apply to the HO wth the HSMP under 28 form or a standard form as I am 29 now?

Many thanks,
Regards
Jama