ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Citizenship timeline tracker.

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

ib_dublin

Re: Application

Post by ib_dublin » Wed Jan 14, 2009 4:51 pm

I'll say even withdrawing application will take INIS time to update their records and eventually others applications will get delay :)

scrudu

Post by scrudu » Wed Jan 14, 2009 5:37 pm

I'm not sure why the Police check takes so long. I was required to get a Police Clearance Check for Oz Visa. I applied at my local Garda station and the request was sent off to Thurles (Central Garda Processing Office). I received my police clearance about 7 days later, so not sure why it takes INIS so long. Maybe it takes the other 2 mths 3 weeks to add this info to the application ;)

Has anyone applied or police clearance themselves and added it to their application instead of waiting for INIS to do it? I wonder would this speed it up or would they insist on repeating the checks.

Dublin1

Post by Dublin1 » Wed Jan 14, 2009 6:00 pm

scrudu wrote:I'm not sure why the Police check takes so long. I was required to get a Police Clearance Check for Oz Visa. I applied at my local Garda station and the request was sent off to Thurles (Central Garda Processing Office). I received my police clearance about 7 days later, so not sure why it takes INIS so long. Maybe it takes the other 2 mths 3 weeks to add this info to the application ;)

Has anyone applied or police clearance themselves and added it to their application instead of waiting for INIS to do it? I wonder would this speed it up or would they insist on repeating the checks.
I don't know if this work, also it might more than only Garda clearnace, they might to socialwlefare, and other areas for full checks.

aditya1111
Newly Registered

Post by aditya1111 » Wed Jan 14, 2009 6:00 pm

Hi ALL
i just want to ask that when we send photocopies of our original documents do the DOJ ask for original documents to check them coz i have photocopies of my birth cert, but my original copy is missing wen my friend was briging from my home country his all lugage is misplaced by airlines, pls tell me otherwise i have to get another copy of my birth cert.

Lost Soul

Post by Lost Soul » Wed Jan 14, 2009 6:45 pm

aditya1111 wrote:Hi ALL
i just want to ask that when we send photocopies of our original documents do the DOJ ask for original documents to check them coz i have photocopies of my birth cert, but my original copy is missing wen my friend was briging from my home country his all lugage is misplaced by airlines, pls tell me otherwise i have to get another copy of my birth cert.
They never asked for mine but you definately need the originals when you apply for a passport.

aswadref

Post by aswadref » Wed Jan 14, 2009 10:50 pm

do u guys think birth affidavitt be enough instead of birth certificate coz i dont have a birth certificate

mktsoi
Member of Standing

Post by mktsoi » Thu Jan 15, 2009 2:17 am

Heybabyy wrote:
mktsoi wrote: i used to work in the public service, trust me, if they want to look up your record in the department. it doesnt take long if they really wanted to! there is always something that they wont tell you, may be they have a tea break 45 mins everyday hahaha. you think they going to tell you this?
It is not looking record in department (inter), it is intra-department i.e. INIS asking for Garda clearance from Garda Siochana.

Public service is a joke here - ask any Irish or listen to radio any afternoon. The current state of Irish economy is an evidence of the extent, the things have been mismanaged in the country. Giving passport to non-nationals or providing assistance in that matter is definitely not their priority or their interest.
did you see the post from Scrudu in the next page? i have done the same thing. i applied for police certificate from the garda station in dublin 2. dublin 2 is the district is where i live. i just went to the garda station and told them i need a police certificate to apply visa to other country. the gardai on duty that day took down all the addresses i have been living in ireland. less than a week. they sent the garda report to me. look, i am sure they can be faster in processing for LTR and citizenship but it just something they dont want to tell you. it could be they dont want to hand out citizenship so easy because once when people get citizenship. they will be entitle to social welfare without worry about their status in the country. or they might worry once when people got their citizenship, they will leave and work in some other places like UK, France and Germany. but for whatever reason about the delay in process. i guess we will never find out because i dont think DOJ will never tell us anything hahahahah

strongbow
Member of Standing

Post by strongbow » Thu Jan 15, 2009 9:10 am

do u guys think birth affidavitt be enough instead of birth certificate coz i dont have a birth certificate
Yes you will need to provide a birth affidavit and a marriage affidavit as well if you are married as the format for the Indian birth certificate and the birth certificates of many asian and african countries are not in a format acceptable to the DoJ.

aswadref

Post by aswadref » Thu Jan 15, 2009 11:07 am

strongbow Posted: Thu Jan 15, 2009 9:10 am Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote:

Yes you will need to provide a birth affidavit and a marriage affidavit as well if you are married as the format for the Indian birth certificate and the birth certificates of many asian and african countries are not in a format acceptable to the DoJ.

thanks strongbow

Heybabyy

Post by Heybabyy » Thu Jan 15, 2009 12:42 pm

Here's an interesting article from UK

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/politics/7254926.stm

Don't show it to DoJ/INIS :lol:

ashimashi

Post by ashimashi » Thu Jan 15, 2009 12:47 pm

Just spoke to INIS and was told by a very rude man that "my application is being check". When asked "is it still with the guards?" he said "Yes these thing take a long time". to which I replied "Oh yes I know THAT".

(applied April 06, sent further docs Oct 08)

mktsoi
Member of Standing

Post by mktsoi » Thu Jan 15, 2009 1:01 pm

Heybabyy wrote:Here's an interesting article from UK

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/politics/7254926.stm

Don't show it to DoJ/INIS :lol:
haha, it sounds pretty complicated to become a british citizen. i hope the irish government can figure out how to copy the system over to ireland hehehhe

seldam
Newly Registered

Post by seldam » Thu Jan 15, 2009 1:42 pm

Just spoke to INIS and was told by a very rude man that "my application is being check". When asked "is it still with the guards?" he said "Yes these thing take a long time". to which I replied "Oh yes I know THAT".

(applied April 06, sent further docs Oct 0
I have the same timeline and I called also this morning but I go a very nice lady who encouraged me by telling me I was almost "there" - still waiting for Guarda clearance which she says will take 6 months!!! Sometimes they tell u 3 sometimes they say 6. Was hoping it would be out b/4 march so i didn't have to renew my GNIB card! Well still hoping

Dublin1

Post by Dublin1 » Thu Jan 15, 2009 2:19 pm

ashimashi wrote:Just spoke to INIS and was told by a very rude man that "my application is being check". When asked "is it still with the guards?" he said "Yes these thing take a long time". to which I replied "Oh yes I know THAT".

(applied April 06, sent further docs Oct 08)

I think I got the same man before xthmas, and he was the most unhelpful useless person.

I think in the future if u get man voice hang up :)

LuasPassenger

Post by LuasPassenger » Thu Jan 15, 2009 3:03 pm

seldam wrote: I have the same timeline and I called also this morning but I go a very nice lady who encouraged me by telling me I was almost "there" - still waiting for Guarda clearance which she says will take 6 months!!! Sometimes they tell u 3 sometimes they say 6. Was hoping it would be out b/4 march so i didn't have to renew my GNIB card! Well still hoping
Guys,

Looks like there's a number of people with GNIB cards that are about to expire. As you know, it's important that we have our GNIB cards up to date until we get the naturalisation certificate.

However, please note that if you have been resident in the state for more than 8 years you can avail of the "Without Condition as to time Endorsement" from INIS. It will give you leave to remain for the validity of your passport, and I think it's free (but I'm not sure). Remember that the GNIB card is €150. And apparently the "Without Condition as to Time Endorsement" takes just about 3 weeks to process.

Here's info about it: http://www.inis.gov.ie/en/INIS/Pages/Wi ... dorsements

There's a telephone number in case you want to get more information.

LP

tiggs

Post by tiggs » Thu Jan 15, 2009 3:19 pm

"Without Condition as to Time Endorsement"
Has anyone applied for this? I have been here for 10yrs+ in queue for naturalisation since 2006 :roll: .
Regards
tiggs

Heybabyy

Post by Heybabyy » Thu Jan 15, 2009 4:38 pm

AFAIK, this permission is granted ONLY IF you haven't applied for naturalisation i.e. you are happy with your original nationality/passport but would like to live in Ireland forever.

Where do you get "3 weeks processing" info from? It takes 6 weeks before anyone in INIS open your envelop. :lol:

LuasPassenger

Post by LuasPassenger » Thu Jan 15, 2009 4:54 pm

Heybabyy wrote:AFAIK, this permission is granted ONLY IF you haven't applied for naturalisation i.e. you are happy with your original nationality/passport but would like to live in Ireland forever.

Where do you get "3 weeks processing" info from? It takes 6 weeks before anyone in INIS open your envelop. :lol:
I thought I had read the "3 weeks processing time" in another therad, but I can't find it now. I probably dreamt about it. Anyway, there's no harm in ringing INIS and ask them. :)

I'm not sure if you can't apply for this if you have applied for naturalisation. Again, I think there's no harm in ringing INIS to find out.

My GINB card expires in August, so I'm not pressed about this at the moment... But if my naturalisation application hasn't been completed by mid June, I will definitely find out more about the "Without Condition as to Time Endorsement".

LP

Dublin1

Post by Dublin1 » Thu Jan 15, 2009 5:37 pm

Heybabyy wrote:AFAIK, this permission is granted ONLY IF you haven't applied for naturalisation i.e. you are happy with your original nationality/passport but would like to live in Ireland forever.

well then this no use to most of us, if we can't apply since most of us applied for citzenship.

Plastic_paddy
Newly Registered

Post by Plastic_paddy » Thu Jan 15, 2009 6:03 pm

I just finished my application form 8 and had everything ready to go (I was going to post it today) and today I see that they have JUST changed the form! Should I re-do everything (as the requirements are slightly different) or just send in the completed one that I have. I already went to a solicitor and finished my satuatory declaration etc.

Plastic_paddy
Newly Registered

Post by Plastic_paddy » Thu Jan 15, 2009 6:09 pm

The dates for all of my signatures precede the date of the new form (Jan 15th) so maybe I can still just send in the old form.....?

LuasPassenger

Post by LuasPassenger » Thu Jan 15, 2009 8:58 pm

Plastic_paddy wrote:I just finished my application form 8 and had everything ready to go (I was going to post it today) and today I see that they have JUST changed the form! Should I re-do everything (as the requirements are slightly different) or just send in the completed one that I have. I already went to a solicitor and finished my satuatory declaration etc.
Send the old form. The only difference between the old form and the new form is the address you should submit the form to. The old form uses the Burgh Quay address in Dublin. The new form uses the address in Tipperary.

I compared the old form (my own) with the new form online and believe me, it is exactly the same (except for the address). You can do the same comparison yourself :)

If I were you, I would just post the application to the Tipperary address.

If anything, you could substitute the first page of your old form (the page where the address appears) with the first page of the new form. :)

Good luck!

Heybabyy

Post by Heybabyy » Thu Jan 15, 2009 10:39 pm

Plastic_paddy wrote:The dates for all of my signatures precede the date of the new form (Jan 15th) so maybe I can still just send in the old form.....?
Take no chances - that's my advice. Redoing now would take may be couple of hours, E20 and little frustration. Just imagine if they come back after 18-24 months saying that your original form was invalid and redo (i.e. go back in the queue). The pain and frustration then would be incomparable to pain now.

EBS

Post by EBS » Thu Jan 15, 2009 10:39 pm

Where did you see "... only if you havent apply for Naturalisation...",

or this is just your thoughts?

Heybabyy

Post by Heybabyy » Fri Jan 16, 2009 10:05 am

My uncle in INIS told me. :lol: Just kidding.

I read it somewhere in the old website of INIS. But I am pretty sure that it exist. The logic is straightforward -

If you applied for naturalisation then wait for its approval and get a passport.

If you haven't applied bcos you are not interested in being naturalised. But want to continue living here, apply for "Without Condition as to Time Endorsement". This saves the hassle from INIS to renew your GNIB cards etc every 2/5 years.

You can always ring/write INIS and clarify what the exact rule is.