ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

PSW Withdrawal for premium service

Archived UK Tier 1 (Post-Study Work) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

teddylexi
Newly Registered

PSW Withdrawal for premium service

Post by teddylexi » Thu Jan 15, 2009 11:49 am

Hello There,

I applied for the post-study work (PSW) visa couple of months ago and its still under consideration.

I am now aware that you can apply for PSW in person using the premium service.

I would like to withdraw my current application and immediately re-apply in person using the premium service. What are the implications of doing this please?

Hope to hear from you soon.

Many Thanks,

salam123

Re: PSW Withdrawal for premium service

Post by salam123 » Thu Jan 15, 2009 12:09 pm

teddylexi wrote:Hello There,

I applied for the post-study work (PSW) visa couple of months ago and its still under consideration.

I would like to withdraw my current application and immediately re-apply in person using the premium service. What are the implications of doing this please?

Many Thanks,
this is just not possible...........

dextar

Post by dextar » Thu Jan 15, 2009 12:42 pm

Where you saw that premium services are available. I just checked on home office website but its still saying "Not Available". Check this link http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/worki ... owtoapply/

Could you please post the link where you found this?

Cheers

Many Thanks,

salam123

Post by salam123 » Thu Jan 15, 2009 1:09 pm

dextar wrote:Where you saw that premium services are available. I just checked on home office website but its still saying "Not Available". Check this link http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/worki ... owtoapply/

Could you please post the link where you found this?

Cheers

Many Thanks,
u better read this fast................now a days there is free dates for premier services they stopped becos no vacancy at all..they have the option for 600 pounds........untill feb

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... rkform.pdf

dextar

Post by dextar » Thu Jan 15, 2009 1:47 pm

Thanks a lot. Forgive my ignorance. I wasn't aware about this. I persume that this premium service is available to both applicants i.e. initial PSW and IGS to PSW under transitional arrangement. Please correct me if i am wrong.

Thanks in advance.

salam123

Post by salam123 » Thu Jan 15, 2009 2:10 pm

dextar wrote:Thanks a lot. Forgive my ignorance. I wasn't aware about this. I persume that this premium service is available to both applicants i.e. initial PSW and IGS to PSW under transitional arrangement. Please correct me if i am wrong.

Thanks in advance.
the premium service is only for psw visa not for igs to psw.......and there is no vacancy for that until feb

dextar

Post by dextar » Thu Jan 15, 2009 2:15 pm

salam123 wrote: the premium service is only for psw visa not for igs to psw.......and there is no vacancy for that until feb
Thanks for quick reply. Well, i was looking in feb as well due to maintainence funds. So, thats fine to me. But you said its not for IGS to PSW, this disappointing now. Can you please point where its mentioned?

Thanks in advnace

salam123

Post by salam123 » Thu Jan 15, 2009 2:19 pm

dextar wrote:
salam123 wrote: the premium service is only for psw visa not for igs to psw.......and there is no vacancy for that until feb
Thanks for quick reply. Well, i was looking in feb as well due to maintainence funds. So, thats fine to me. But you said its not for IGS to PSW, this disappointing now. Can you please point where its mentioned?

Thanks in advnace
if u r fresh psw visa applicant then u can only set appointment over phone......other cases not possible.

dextar

Post by dextar » Thu Jan 15, 2009 2:29 pm

salam123 wrote:
dextar wrote:

Thanks in advnace
if u r fresh psw visa applicant then u can only set appointment over phone......other cases not possible.
Yes, I understand your point. But my questions was, where its mentioned? Should I ring HO to find out or is it specified somewhere? If you could highlight that place it would be much appereciated.
Thanks

salam123

Post by salam123 » Thu Jan 15, 2009 2:42 pm

dextar wrote:
salam123 wrote:
dextar wrote:

Thanks in advnace
Yes, I understand your point. But my questions was, where its mentioned? Should I ring HO to find out or is it specified somewhere? If you could highlight that place it would be much appereciated.
Thanks
hit the link u will get every thing..........

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/conta ... available/

dextar

Post by dextar » Thu Jan 15, 2009 3:01 pm

Once again thanks for quick reply. Now I am confused. I just rang HO to book an appointment and lady said that yes you can book an appointment but no today as there is no slot available till 27 so I should ring back on monday. But the link you sent is saying you cant. :?

From your linnk

What services are not available?

Specific schemes

The officers cannot consider applications for the following schemes:

* (Croydon only) science and engineering graduate scheme - form SEGS;
* fresh talent: working in Scotland scheme - form FT:WISS;
* international graduate scheme - form IGS; or
* highly skilled migrant programme - form SET (0).

salam123

Post by salam123 » Thu Jan 15, 2009 3:08 pm

dextar wrote:Once again thanks for quick reply. Now I am confused. I just rang HO to book an appointment and lady said that yes you can book an appointment but no today as there is no slot available till 27 so I should ring back on monday. But the link you sent is saying you cant. :?

From your linnk

What services are not available?

Specific schemes

The officers cannot consider applications for the following schemes:

* (Croydon only) science and engineering graduate scheme - form SEGS;
* fresh talent: working in Scotland scheme - form FT:WISS;
* international graduate scheme - form IGS; or
* highly skilled migrant programme - form SET (0).
did u ask the lady that u r in igs visa? u want extension?
its clearly says that The officers cannot consider applications for the following schemes:
* international graduate scheme - form IGS

so what else u want to know?

dextar

Post by dextar » Thu Jan 15, 2009 3:59 pm

Yes i told her that i want to extend my visa from IGS to PSW and asked the question specially, then she put me on hold to confirm this and she came back and answered me "Yes you can but you have to ring on monday as there is no slot available".
On the other hand, you are right as well. It is clearly mentioned and i can read as well. But here is conflict with the information given on website with the information they are providing over the phone, and this conflict was confusing me. Furthermore, on the website, on one page they are saying we don't accept in person application and on second page they are saying we accept in person applications. So, I cannot just trust on the information provided on website.
Anyway, thats not a problem. I'll ring them on Monday. Let see, what they do? If they book me then I'll go in person otherwise second option is there.

nick_2009
Newly Registered

Post by nick_2009 » Thu Jan 15, 2009 4:06 pm

dextar wrote:Yes i told her that i want to extend my visa from IGS to PSW and asked the question specially, then she put me on hold to confirm this and she came back and answered me "Yes you can but you have to ring on monday as there is no slot available".
On the other hand, you are right as well. It is clearly mentioned and i can read as well. But here is conflict with the information given on website with the information they are providing over the phone, and this conflict was confusing me. Furthermore, on the website, on one page they are saying we don't accept in person application and on second page they are saying we accept in person applications. So, I cannot just trust on the information provided on website.
Anyway, thats not a problem. I'll ring them on Monday. Let see, what they do? If they book me then I'll go in person otherwise second option is there.
yes ring on Monday and se..

teddylexi
Newly Registered

Post by teddylexi » Thu Jan 15, 2009 6:39 pm

You seem to have deviated away from the actual issue here... Salam 123... why is this not possible??? any explanation please.

salam123

Post by salam123 » Thu Jan 15, 2009 7:07 pm

teddylexi wrote:You seem to have deviated away from the actual issue here... Salam 123... why is this not possible??? any explanation please.
becos i found this................

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/conta ... tavailable