ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Husband Visiting UK for Birth?

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

KatieAntra
Newly Registered

Husband Visiting UK for Birth?

Post by KatieAntra » Thu Jan 15, 2009 8:14 pm

Hi, I have been Married to my husband since 14/07/2008. I am British and was born in England, my husband is Moroccan. He has never travelled outside of Morocco. I am Pregnant with his child and intend to give birth here. I want my husband to apply for a Family Visitor Visa to be with me for the birth. I am so paranoid that he wouldnt be granted one, as the embassy might not belive he will not go home, because his wife and baby is in UK.

Our baby is due 05/04/2009 ive supplied him with evidence of this, along with invitation letters, sponsorship letters. My husband doesnt currently work and is a student. He will submit proof of this. I will be paying for his trip, which I have calculated we need no more than £1000. I am sponsoring him for 6 weeks around the birth.In my last bankstatement for the embassy i have £1800 in my account. My husband can also borrow money from family to put into his account for emergency expenses. He will be staying with me and my parents, so there is no need for any extra costs for accomodation

so far we've got the following documents to show:
3 of my bankstatments showing i have £1800 for his trip
3 of my wage slips
evidence of marriage
my passport copy
my employment letter
letters from my family inviting him to stay
a letter explaining why i need him here for the birth
Phone bills to prove we've been in contact..and to explain large amounts spent from my account.
Pregnancy evidence

Im just lost on wether we should try and apply or not :? I really dont know how the immigration system works for situations like this.

Does anyone have any information as to what other documents I should supply, and how he can really prove he will go home after his visit. he intends to resume his studies..and I intend to spend my Maternity leave in Morocco with him, i stated this in a cover letter.

Id really appreciate any advice anyone can offer.

thankyou, katie

INSIDER

Post by INSIDER » Thu Jan 15, 2009 11:12 pm

Katie,

You should be ok. But in addition to the documents you listed it might be useful if he could obtain a letter from his educational institute confirming he is a bonafide student.

Goodluck.

batleykhan

Post by batleykhan » Fri Jan 16, 2009 9:35 am

Katie

If I was in your shoes,I would try and get him here on a spouse visa rather than a visitors visa.

With a spouse visa he can stay permanantly with you and your child. I think both of you a would find it hard to seperate after the joyus occasion of the birth of your child.

If you are thinking along the lines that he will come on a visitors visa and then apply for a spouse visa from the UK,I think you will come unstuck, as its very unlikely that he will succeed and hence spoiling his chances later if he was to apply for a spouse visa.

I also think that he would find it difficult to get a visitors visa when you, as his wife is sponsoring him because its not normal for wives to get their husbands( or vice versa)on visitors visa.

Hope this is of some help to you.

bototo

Post by bototo » Fri Jan 16, 2009 9:50 am

ECOs consider whether the applicant is likely to go back. That's a huge part of the parcel.

If he has no job back home, no business, no high value assets etc. then he's at a risk of overstaying in the UK. Add to the mix the fact that he has a wife and kid here and no ECO is going to believe that he's going to keep to the visa conditions and return.

Whatever you do don't make the mistake of thinking that the wife and kid in the UK is a plus! It's not a plus on the application and even if he does get a visitor visa he could be sent back at the airport of arrival if they think he's got too much in the UK to attract him here.

Spouse visa is my recommendation too. It's more difficult but I suggest you aim for that instead.
My husband can also borrow money from family to put into his account
This sounds borderline like a planned fraud.