ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spousal Visa Application - Pakistan

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

del_piero_3

Post by del_piero_3 » Fri Jan 16, 2009 11:08 am

Congrat naz08...about time....

naznin

Post by naznin » Fri Jan 16, 2009 11:30 am

Asalam-o-Alaikum,

every1 i checked my status it has been changed.plz pray 4 me.
plz pray 4 me every1.
wat abt u imi?n petalro.

izzie

Post by izzie » Fri Jan 16, 2009 11:37 am

congratulations naz!!!!! :D :D :D
Am really pleased 4u... bet u cant wait til he gets here...wish u both all da happiness in da world...U DESERVE IT!!!!

Gud luck 2 everyone that's still waitin...inshallah ur partners will get their visas v soon.

Maz: so glad 2hear ur hubi's got his ticket booked...my hubi will go tomorrow to book his... am hoping he'll be here by the end of the month!

naznin

Post by naznin » Fri Jan 16, 2009 11:40 am

Asalam-o-Alaikum.

congratulations naz!!!!!!!!! i m very happy 4 u.plz pray 4 me.

naz08
Member of Standing

Post by naz08 » Fri Jan 16, 2009 11:55 am

Thanks guys you have all bin suchh a great support 2 me

congrats to every who got there passports n visa....guys i will pray for the rest hu are waitin......hopefully my hubbi will be ere end of the month

maz - wat airline his he cumin on? my hubbi suncle is cumin on 26th so he might cum with him :D :D :D

imi

Post by imi » Fri Jan 16, 2009 12:07 pm

naz: ok thanx naz. No my status is still the same.

naznin: congratz!!! :D :D At last the wait is over for you. I think the ISB is the slowest of them. My status still hasn't changed although we both applied at the same date. I pray that u receive the good news soon inshallah on Mon.

It is so frustrating, cuz my eyes are looking forward so much for the online status to change. Everytime i check it is all the same.
Guys, plz do not forget us, who are waiting, in your prayers! thanx

petalro

Post by petalro » Fri Jan 16, 2009 1:04 pm

hey naz congrats hope u both hav a great life together and naznin thats great news we havnt herd anythin and we cant seem to track the application online so wer stuck.

naznin

Post by naznin » Fri Jan 16, 2009 2:49 pm

Asalam-o-Alaikum,

hey imi:u shud call to gerryssssss.can i ask u?r u waiting 4 ur visa in pakistan or ur spouse is waiting 4 visa?

imi

Post by imi » Fri Jan 16, 2009 3:01 pm

naznin wrote:Asalam-o-Alaikum,

hey imi:u shud call to gerryssssss.can i ask u?r u waiting 4 ur visa in pakistan or ur spouse is waiting 4 visa?
My spouse is waiting for visa in pak. Yeh, i will phone them on Mon inshallah then if i don't get any update by then.

izzie

Post by izzie » Fri Jan 16, 2009 3:49 pm

congratulations naznin!!! :D
I pray that its a gud outcome 4u... inshallah im sure ul get da visa!

Maz_xx

Post by Maz_xx » Fri Jan 16, 2009 4:39 pm

naz hes cumin on pia next wk sat so exciting! Thnx imi for ur kind words...
and izzie dnt leave it too long u have only 1 month to travel frm the date the visa was issued

naznin

Post by naznin » Fri Jan 16, 2009 5:29 pm

Asalam-o-Alaikum,

thanx izzie 4 ur kind words.i will go to gerry on monday inshAllah.pray 4 me plz.
wen ur hubi is going to u?

petalro

Post by petalro » Fri Jan 16, 2009 5:52 pm

imi if you dont mind me asking when did you apply?

imi

Post by imi » Fri Jan 16, 2009 6:03 pm

petalro wrote:imi if you dont mind me asking when did you apply?
i applied on 25th Nov

ziggy317
Newly Registered

Post by ziggy317 » Fri Jan 16, 2009 6:42 pm

hi there can anyone tell me how long a person has to wait for a response my wife had interview on the 14jan was told thay will contact her shortley also if they refuse you do they tell you stright away i am so worried off the outcome

Missy_j

Post by Missy_j » Fri Jan 16, 2009 7:48 pm

Guys i'm getting really worried now, my hubby applied on 26 nov from isl and we have not heard anything, seeing as everyone else who applied in nov r getting some sort of a response.

Also when I emailed bhc about 2 weeks ago they replied app received at bhc on 27 nov and still in process. That has worried me bec my hubby is under 21 and he submitted it on 26 so why are they saying 27???? I hope they done reject on basis he's under 21!

please someone put my mind at peace :(

Missy_j

Post by Missy_j » Fri Jan 16, 2009 7:52 pm

Naz08 finally relief for you now you can relax n enjoy with your hubby.

Naznin dont worry inshallah you will get the visa and be reunited with your hubby. let us know the good news.

bazuk
Newly Registered

Post by bazuk » Fri Jan 16, 2009 7:54 pm

Missy_j

My wife applied also on 27th Nov from lahore and she got email from Islamabad informing her that her application been sent to Abu Dhabi. Maybe same case with you.

Missy_j

Post by Missy_j » Fri Jan 16, 2009 8:02 pm

bazuk i take it your wife is over 21?

well we have not received any email saying anything about it being sent to abu dhabi, so not really sure on that one. Did you wife email them to enquire then they told her it's gone to abu dhabi?

bazuk
Newly Registered

Post by bazuk » Fri Jan 16, 2009 8:15 pm

Yeah she's over 21. She emailed the visa section in islamabad and they told her that its been passed onto Abu Dhabi. So they don't know anything else other than it has been sent there.

bazuk
Newly Registered

Post by bazuk » Fri Jan 16, 2009 9:14 pm

Missy_j wrote:Guys i'm getting really worried now, my hubby applied on 26 nov from isl and we have not heard anything, seeing as everyone else who applied in nov r getting some sort of a response.

Also when I emailed bhc about 2 weeks ago they replied app received at bhc on 27 nov and still in process. That has worried me bec my hubby is under 21 and he submitted it on 26 so why are they saying 27???? I hope they done reject on basis he's under 21!

please someone put my mind at peace :(
Thats quite a close call Missy_J ! The EC could refuse on the very basis that your husband is under 21, eventhough you applied on the 26th. It will give him a good excuse to reject the visa. I don't know but its best if you email BHC Islamabad and find out.

irumpk

Post by irumpk » Fri Jan 16, 2009 9:27 pm

i received email from fco.gov.pk
there is all email direct copy

Thank you for contacting UK Border Agency, International Group Pakistan. You have received a standard reply in which we compiled answer to the most commonly asked questions.

Due to security reasons, at present, Visa Application Centres in 3 cities are open i.e. Karachi, Lahore and Islamabad.
Please be advised that visa applications are currently being assessed in British Embassy, Abu Dhabi, our official courier, Gerry's International are responsible for collection of the visa applications and delivery of processed passports/documents.
Applicants are requested to check the case status on their website at www.ukvacpk.com after the expiry of application's processing period.

irumpk

Post by irumpk » Fri Jan 16, 2009 9:30 pm

2nd part of email
which is general information

The visa section within the High Commission continues to operate normally.

 How do I submit an application?
 How long does it take to process an application?
 What documents should I submit?
 Will I be required to attend an interview at the British High Commission?
 How do I check the status of my application?
 I want to know the outcome of an application but I am not the applicant?
 Is there a procedure for making an emergency application?
 Can I post-date the start of my visa?
 Who can apply for a premium visit visa?
 What if my visa is valid for a shorter time than I asked for?
 How do I lodge an appeal against a decision to refuse my visa?
 What happens next?
 If my review stands, how long does it take for the case to be heard?
 I have further appeals related queries where do I send them to?
 Where do I get independent appeals advice?
 How do I lodge a complaint?
 How do I report visa fraud or illegal immigration?
 I have further queries that I haven't been able to resolve, despite using the call centre, website and this general information. What do I do?

How do I submit an application?
You can apply for your visa online by visiting one of the following websites: www.visas4uk.foc.gov.uk; www.ukvacpk.com or wwwukvisas.gov.uk. By choosing to apply online you can select an appointment time convenient for you to enrol your biometrics. Alternatively you can apply at a Visa Application Centre (VAC), located at Karachi and Lahore.

Visa Application Forms (VAF) are available free of charge from any VAC during working hours or may be down loaded from our web site www.ukvisas.gov.uk or www.ukvac.pk.com

For general information on visas and procedure to apply please visit www.ukvacpk.com.

Gerry’s International (our commercial partner) operate the VACs on our behalf. They also operate a call centre on our behalf (details later).
How long does it take to process an application?
We endeavour to process all visa applications promptly upon receipt of the application, passport and all other relevant paperwork, including the fee. Islamabad is currently processing all straightforward applications within 10 working days. However if secondary checks are required this may extend up to 15 working days. Some applications may take additional processing time if further enquiries need to be made, for example if there is a need to refer to the Home Office in the UK,
We aim to process settlement applications within a similar timeframe, however if secondary checks are required this may extend up to 60 days.

Applicants are therefore advised to consider timescales when lodging applications and not to make travel plans until the application process is complete.

What documents should I submit?
It is essential that you include all supporting documents with your application. Our commercial partner provides a checklist of the documents, which is a useful but not exhaustive guide. If applying in a long-term category, you will need to supply an up to date TB certificate, provided through the IOM, which has a 6-month validity. Details can be obtained from the call centre. Where possible, please submit original documents, along with English translations. The onus is on applicants to demonstrate that they meet the requirements of the Immigration Rules through the documents they provide and the details they give on their application forms. If you have travelled and complied before you will still need to provide details of supporting evidence, along with an explanation if you have stayed in the UK for periods longer than you had initially applied for.

Will I be required to attend an interview at the British High Commission?
The British High Commission aims to resolve the majority of applications without an interview. Applicants called for an interview will be provided with seven days notice of the interview date by our commercial partner. The waiting period is usually no more than 10 days.

How do I check the status of my application?
For a status update on your visa application you should contact the call centre, on 0900 10411 from a landline or 8865 from a mobile. These calls are charged at a premium rate of 10 Rps per minutes. If you are calling from the United Kingdom, the number to call for telephone enquiries is 00 92 51 209 8999.
Alternatively you can visit our website on www.ukvacpk.com.

I want to know the outcome of an application but I am not the applicant
Under the terms of the Data Protection Act we can not give out specific details about any application without the written permission of the applicant, (except in the case of parents of children under the age of 18). If you wish to know specific details about an applicant's case please provide us with a copy of the applicant’s permission in writing.

Is there a procedure for making an emergency application?
Only extremely compelling and compassionate cases will be considered as urgent.
If you consider your application meets this requirement, please notify our commercial partner at the time of application submission and explain why on your application form. Requests made due to the confirmation of travel arrangements will not be considered urgent.

Can I post-date the start of my visa?
If you require your visa to be post-dated please notify this to the VAC staff and also mention this on your application form. We can not post-date visas by more than 3 months.

Who can apply for a premium visit visa?
Anyone can apply. But premium visas are aimed at people who:
 Travel regularly; and
 Have established a history of complying with immigration regulations.

What if my visa is valid for a shorter time than I asked for?
There is no right to appeal. You can apply again when your visa has run out. We do not ordinarily refund visa fees, even in circumstances where you have paid a long-term visa fee and received a short-term visa. The final decision on the length of a visa to be issued is at the Visa Officer’s discretion.

irumpk

Post by irumpk » Fri Jan 16, 2009 9:36 pm

i apply on 27th november 2008 and send all required documents ad received no response from them so i email it and now my hubby is going to speak with MP next week and start calling to imigration office in uk for spouse visa
its not fair our first wedding aniver***** is coming and :x
pray for us
is any one get visa between 20th nov to 5th dec 2008

any onew get get visa plz help us or guide us what we should do now

bazuk
Newly Registered

Post by bazuk » Fri Jan 16, 2009 9:58 pm

irumpk wrote:i apply on 27th november 2008 and send all required documents ad received no response from them so i email it and now my hubby is going to speak with MP next week and start calling to imigration office in uk for spouse visa
its not fair our first wedding aniver***** is coming and :x
pray for us
is any one get visa between 20th nov to 5th dec 2008

any onew get get visa plz help us or guide us what we should do now
Irumpk from which VAC you applied from ?

So my understanding is all applications are now being assesed in Abu Dhabi.