ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Appeal Hearing

Archived UK Tier 1 (Post-Study Work) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

alyssang
Newly Registered

Appeal Hearing

Post by alyssang » Tue Jan 13, 2009 3:59 pm

Hi there,

I will be attending my appeal hearing this Friday, 16th January 2009. I was wondering how did others go. Have any of you who have sought the appeal, attended any hearing yet? Care to share your experience here with all of us. I am getting nervous day by day. Wish me luck and good luck to everyone else who is applying for the PSW.

salam123

Re: Appeal Hearing

Post by salam123 » Thu Jan 15, 2009 2:48 pm

alyssang wrote:Hi there,

I will be attending my appeal hearing this Friday, 16th January 2009. I was wondering how did others go. Have any of you who have sought the appeal, attended any hearing yet? Care to share your experience here with all of us. I am getting nervous day by day. Wish me luck and good luck to everyone else who is applying for the PSW.
if it is fund problem then they will consider ur visa......good luck

rahilnaz

Post by rahilnaz » Fri Jan 16, 2009 1:21 pm

I had hearong on 08/01/2009 in glasgow. did not include bank covering letter with my bank statement.

HO representative did not have clue about my rejection and told judge that I was refused for HSMP. He also did not know much about PBS and confused judge alot. Relaxed when u enter in court room as no one ask u any qs. face it as a new life experience.

Why u were refused?

rahilnaz

Post by rahilnaz » Fri Jan 16, 2009 1:22 pm

I had hearong on 08/01/2009 in glasgow. did not include bank covering letter with my bank statement.

HO representative did not have clue about my rejection and told judge that I was refused for HSMP. He also did not know much about PBS and confused judge alot. Relaxed when u enter in court room as no one ask u any qs. face it as a new life experience.

Why were u refused?

Regards
Rahil

alyssang
Newly Registered

Post by alyssang » Fri Jan 16, 2009 4:16 pm

Hi all,

Great news. The Home Office has withdrawn the case and I've been granted my visa. I was supposed to attend the hearing today but I was informed by my solicitor on Wednesday that I need not attend anymore. My PSW application was previously refused on grounds of qualification (I did the BVC) in that it is one of professional/vocational. But upon clarification by the university and the respective professional body regulating barristers, my course is in fact one of post graduate diploma.

I received a letter from the tribunal confirming the decision and that I need not have to attend the hearing. Further, my solicitor forwarded a copy of a fax from the Home Office stating that my application has been wrongfully refused. Ah, I felt very glad and relief.

By the way, I managed to obtain legal aid and that's how I got the services of a solicitor for free.. :)

Diokpa
Member of Standing

Post by Diokpa » Fri Jan 16, 2009 9:35 pm

Congrats, this is the first time am hearing this and it goes to show they acknowledge when they are wrong. Hope the visa comes through quick.
We are all pencils in the hand of our creator~ Unknown