ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier1 : general grounds of refusal

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

sandy_82
Newly Registered

Tier1 : general grounds of refusal

Post by sandy_82 » Sun Jan 11, 2009 10:36 am

hi experts

Does a 'notice for traffic violation' in your vaf9 appl come under grounds for refusal?
I paid a fine, for a notice on holding a mobile phone while driving, at a nearby police station. I was not summoned to a court.

I hope this is not the same as conviction for an offence.

After googling for the same offence in UK, i found that a fine of 60gbp is levied on the person commiting it. So will my paying of the fine be compared with a similar spot-fine situation in UK or will it amount to a more serious offence where the committer would be sentenced for 12 months or more ?

sorry for the lengthy question folks. but i am really worried.

thx in adv.
sandy

sandy_82
Newly Registered

update: Tier1 : general grounds of refusal

Post by sandy_82 » Sun Jan 11, 2009 10:38 am

update on the query: i got the notice in bangalore.

push
United Kingdom

Re: update: Tier1 : general grounds of refusal

Post by push » Sun Jan 11, 2009 11:17 am

sandy_82 wrote:update on the query: i got the notice in bangalore.
Two things: This issue was discussed recently on the forum. If you search the forum you will find a lot of information. Majority of ppl were of the view that a minor traffic offence will not mar your chances of getting a VISA. The guidelines say that if the offence, as if it was committed in UK, carries a maximum sentence of 12 months or more (whether or not the person was awarded sentence or not is immaterial) then he can not be granted a VISA. However, the guideline refers to dangerous driving and the question is does speeding is same as dangerous driving. Most of the members felt that it isn't and some cited their personal experience that they got VISAs despite speeding ticket and they did not even felt that there was a need to disclose it.

(2) How likely is it that HO will come to know of a minor traffic offence committed in Bangalore ? (I am not going into the moral and legal issues of not disclosing such an information though)
regards,
push
Important: Please read this Disclaimer

checkmate
Newly Registered

traffic and tickets and court

Post by checkmate » Thu Jan 15, 2009 8:40 pm

I mention here that I declared my two minor tickets (red light and speeding) and still received my visa in january 2009. I would declare it.

http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewto ... ht=traffic

push
United Kingdom

Re: traffic and tickets and court

Post by push » Thu Jan 15, 2009 9:54 pm

checkmate wrote:I mention here that I declared my two minor tickets (red light and speeding) and still received my visa in january 2009. I would declare it.

http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewto ... ht=traffic
This puts to rest all confusion (at least I had in my mind) re Traffic amounting to constituting dangerous driving. Your post will help many others who have been looking for an answer to similar queries.

Thanks
regards,
push
Important: Please read this Disclaimer

checkmate
Newly Registered

Post by checkmate » Fri Jan 16, 2009 11:02 pm

Happy to give back. This forum helped clear up so many things for me that I am glad I could find a way to contribute something new.