ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Working and Child Tax credits

Questions and discussions about claiming benefits while living and working in the UK

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

rhizbi
Newly Registered

Working and Child Tax credits

Post by rhizbi » Sat Jan 17, 2009 7:39 am

My spouse is a fulltime student(postgrad) in one of the Uk university and myself accompany her in the uk.We're not from th EU countries. Both of our passports were stamped 'No recourse to public fund'.I worked fulltime and pay tax as per the law..Am I entitled to claim working tax credit and child tax credit(for the children)..

thank you

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Re: Working and Child Tax credits

Post by Wanderer » Sat Jan 17, 2009 2:24 pm

rhizbi wrote:My spouse is a fulltime student(postgrad) in one of the Uk university and myself accompany her in the uk.We're not from th EU countries. Both of our passports were stamped 'No recourse to public fund'.I worked fulltime and pay tax as per the law..Am I entitled to claim working tax credit and child tax credit(for the children)..

thank you
No.
An chéad stad eile Stáisiún Uí Chonghaile....

John
United Kingdom

Post by John » Sat Jan 17, 2009 2:46 pm

Am I entitled to claim working tax credit and child tax credit(for the children)..
What country are you from? And if either of you has ever worked in a country, apart from that of your nationality, or the UK, please give details.
John

rhizbi
Newly Registered

Post by rhizbi » Sat Jan 17, 2009 3:11 pm

We are from Singapore.We have never worked in other countries except for Singapore . I work fulltime and my wife on parttime basis of 20hrs per week as per the rule..I am a dependent on my wife visa

tq