ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Appointment scheduled with POE for ILR

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

g_scheepers
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Appointment scheduled with POE for ILR

Post by g_scheepers » Wed Jan 14, 2009 11:38 pm

Hi Everyone,

I originally came to the UK (South African) on a Working Holiday Visa in August 2000. Towards the end of my Working Holiday Visa, my company applied for a three year WP on my behalf. During this time our company changed their name and I informed the Home Office of this change, which they accepted and I was continued to work under this WP. At the end of my the three year WP, my company again applied for a WP, but this time for a five year WP. This comes to an end on 9th March 2009.

I have completed my Life in the UK exam and have an appointment scheduled with a POE at Croydon on the 10th February 2009.

I have a couple of questions that I'd be most grateful if I could have your guidance on:

1. My first entry on the Visa was in 1999, but due to my fathers illness, I returned South Africa and returned to the UK sadly after his passing in 2000. Was working for a total of 9 months on this Visa. Should I make any mention of my Working Holiday Visa in my application?

2. Should I make any mention of the change of company name of my employers during the first WP? If so, I'd be grateful if you could advise me on how this should be done.

3. Should the letter from my employer be from any specific department or person i.e. HR, Line Manager, CEO, etc.?

I look forward to your advice.

Warm regards,

Gerhard

g_scheepers
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by g_scheepers » Fri Jan 16, 2009 9:50 pm

Can I please have some kind of a response to my questions...

I will really appreciate it!

Thanks,

Gerhard

PaperPusher
Respected Guru

Post by PaperPusher » Fri Jan 16, 2009 9:55 pm

Hello

What are you applying for 10 years legal stay or 5 years as a work permit holder. In my opinion applying for ILR becasue you have been in the UK for 5 years as a work permit holder would be easier.

g_scheepers
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by g_scheepers » Sat Jan 17, 2009 6:40 pm

I agree with you... The less complicated it can be the better! It's really not something that I would like to drag out for ever and ever.

Do I then just make mention of the two WP visa's? Do I use the first WP visa's date as first date of entry or do I use the Working Holiday Visa's date?

Thanks again!

Rohan
Newly Registered

Post by Rohan » Sat Jan 17, 2009 7:16 pm

As fas as I am aware, you will not be able to count the period under Working holiday visa, if you are applying under WP 5 years plus.
Please correct me if I am wrong.

Siggi

Post by Siggi » Sat Jan 17, 2009 7:38 pm

100% correct time spent in the UK on WHV will not be counted.
So the clock started ticking for Gehard on the date on which he gain his WP.
Five years from that date he can apply for ILR.

g_scheepers
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by g_scheepers » Sat Jan 17, 2009 8:46 pm

Thanks for all the advice!

Now, should I make mention of of the change of company name to the POE or is this not required? I just want to be as transparent as possible...