ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Previous Earnings Concern

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

moneypenny

Previous Earnings Concern

Post by moneypenny » Sun Jan 18, 2009 12:55 pm

I applied on the 30th of December (within the UK) and the waiting is definitely getting to me already!

For previous earnings I provided banks statements and payslips for all three of my positions. The issue comes with my current job. I supplied 9 payslips for 10 months of earnings. My December payslip was lost in the post and I never received it. However I also had a letter from my employer dated the 24th of December with all of my earnings listed. The payment was made into my account on the 22nd of December. I claimed earnings up until the 31st of December because I didn't want to get in trouble by saying it was payment only until the 22nd, when it was for the entire month. My boss' letter also supported this.
So here is where I am a little concerned. For December my evidence is my bank statement and this letter which is not dated after the period of earnings claimed but is dated after the payment for December was made. The letter also stated that the early payment was due to holidays and I clarified in a coving letter that my we were on holiday from the 24th to the 5 of January. My leave expired on the 12th and I did not want to leave it until the last minute. So I am afraid that they won't except this letter. I also saw in the guidance that if you supply payslips they must cover the entire period claimed... Obviously mine do not. Could they deny my application based on that one missing payslip at the end of the period and the letter not being dated properly?
Or is worst case scenario is that they don't count December towards my earnings? This isn't a big deal as I have sufficient earnings to still get the points I need in earnings without counting December. All the other payslips perfectly match the deposits into the bank, and all the evidence is exactly as the guidance suggests it should be. I am just worried about a caseworker ignoring all my earnings at my current job based on this letter probably not being considered and the one missing payslip.
I am considering getting my boss to sign another letter and send it in but I am not sure if that will do more harm then good.
Any help would be appreciated. I know I am probably over-thinking but better safe than sorry.

Cheers
MP

vipul1981

Post by vipul1981 » Sun Jan 18, 2009 1:57 pm

i think u will be all rite

moneypenny

Post by moneypenny » Mon Jan 19, 2009 11:09 am

Thanks for that. I think I will send the letter anyways. Just to cover my back.

MP