ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Settlement visa approved

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

ela27

Settlement visa approved

Post by ela27 » Fri Jan 16, 2009 8:41 pm

Hi all,

Just to say a big thanks to everyone who has offered their advise on here. Today my husband (from Kenya) got his settlement visa! We have spent months preparing and 6 months apart, so we are absolutely OVER THE MOON! He is coming in around 1 week!!

Is there anything we need to know about the next steps - he will bring the folder we prepared with him along with TB certificate etc. He will be flying to Heathrow - is it all fairly straightforward? He hasn't travelled outside his country before so it would be good to know what to expect.

If anyone needs any advise on their settlement visa I would be happy to tell you what we did!

Thanks again.

batleykhan

Post by batleykhan » Sat Jan 17, 2009 9:29 am

First of all congratulation on your hubby getting his visa.

As regards your queury, I don think he should have a problem on his arrival. He will be asked about your detail such as name, address ,relationship etc.Make sure he has his TB certificate as they will probally need to see.

Obviously you need to meet him on arrival, just in case there is a problem.

All this might not happen,and he may simply walk through with no questions asked.

ela27

Post by ela27 » Sun Jan 18, 2009 8:26 pm

Thanks for the advise. He will carrying all the documents we submitted with his visa application which includes the TB certificate. If anyone knows of anything else we might need to know - he is travelling in just over a weeks time.

3crown

Post by 3crown » Mon Jan 19, 2009 8:13 pm

Congratulations to you. Just remind your husband to actually carry his documents through, not in his luggage like mine did!! lol enjoy your lives together.
ela27 wrote:Thanks for the advise. He will carrying all the documents we submitted with his visa application which includes the TB certificate. If anyone knows of anything else we might need to know - he is travelling in just over a weeks time.

mteja
United Kingdom

congratulations

Post by mteja » Mon Jan 19, 2009 8:34 pm

Wow congratulations! well done. Just ask him to remember to carry with him TB cert..they will definately ask for it. i was asked for mine!

Happy marriage
togetherness as one