ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Letters from Sponser and Applicant Please Advise

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

tahire
Newly Registered

Letters from Sponser and Applicant Please Advise

Post by tahire » Fri Jan 16, 2009 9:40 pm

hi people thanks so much for all of the help much appreciated. i have another question which im sure you lot are experts in. i wanted to know with my application (im british wifes pakistani) will i need to included letters from both of use stating where we met, our relation ship, personal statement etc. i will be including one for myself but my wife cant speak english so would it matter if i wrote one for her like translated and typed but in her words or will this be regegarded as false documents. shall i leave here one out and just include mine? wot do you people think. thanks

ela27

Post by ela27 » Sun Jan 18, 2009 8:42 pm

tahire, is this a settlement application? for my husbands settlement application i included a letter which explained when, where we met, how often we had seen each other, how our relationship progressed, when we got engaged and when we got married. I also explained my current work situation, how much i earned per month, how much savings i had, how much was in the bank, where i live, describing the house, and situation of the house in relation to how easy it was for him to seek employment - between two major cities etc, lots of jobs available in area. this was obviously just in support of the evidence that we also submitted and was at the top of the folder. i did also make an appointment with the IAS and we submitted a letter of representation from them also. they were able to offer a lot of advise and said that my husband did not need to write a letter. I would therefore just say that you should write a very clear letter explaining everything, but not your wife, after all it will only be covering similar grounds. hope this helps. we were successful with our visa - so an applicant letter is not a requirement.

scorpiolady
United Kingdom

Post by scorpiolady » Mon Jan 19, 2009 6:02 pm

It is not necessary for the applicant to write a letter. There is space on the application for any supplementary information from the applicant.
Scorpiolady

jewel87
Newly Registered

Post by jewel87 » Wed Jan 21, 2009 7:50 pm

ela27, how did you contact IAS, in what city do you live??
i was trying to find them, i had an address of their office in heathrow, but it is not there anymore. could you give any details please, an e-mail maybe or anything? thank you.