ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Maintenance fund : Joint A/c

Archived UK Tier 1 (Post-Study Work) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

immigrating_bird
Newly Registered

Maintenance fund : Joint A/c

Post by immigrating_bird » Sun Jan 11, 2009 10:17 pm

Hello to all,

I would appreciate if anyone could help clarify this for me. I had been careless as to let me balance drop below 800 and am sure the HO would not grant me a visa. However one of my friends had maintained a good balance and also got his PSW Visa. I would like to know if I join his account as Joint account holder and take the 3 month statement (which will have his name and mine as account holders Mr.A/Mr.B) and show for maintenace funds will it help?

1.The HO want to see that the money for 3 months. Its there.

2. The account should belong to me(even a joint account). Yes, I too own it and I can access the money when I need.

Would this work?
Please advice. Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Immigratingbird

Frontier Mole
Respected Guru
European Union

Post by Frontier Mole » Mon Jan 12, 2009 12:02 am

What is your relationship with the other person? If it is just a friend how will you justify that the joint account is really what you say it is?

Do you live at the same address?

Have any of your funds been transferred into the account in the last three months?

There is nothing to stop UKBA contacting the bank to confirm when the account became a "joint account"

Remember if your friend put in a PSW app. his details and information are known to UKBA. If he did not mention you as a related person then that might be a problem.

You are walking on thin ice and more to the point so is your friend. If you get caught out so does he. Perhaps you might want to think about the consequences for both of you before you carry on.

One other point to think about - if you are "connected" by the bank account you might find the balance has to be higher than £800 as you are both migrants - so the balance expected would be at least that of a couple - around £1300 I think....

manjit14
Newly Registered

Joint a/c

Post by manjit14 » Sun Jan 18, 2009 10:25 pm

Your friend and you will have to change address details to the one reflected on the application, that should not be a problem if you are able to open the a/c, however, if your previous visa is about to expire, then it can be picked

xm6778
Newly Registered

Post by xm6778 » Sun Jan 18, 2009 11:05 pm

they will carefully check the open date of your joint account, you must realize it is not difficult for them to check the duration of the ownership,

1st, if it less than that period, you will get in trouble.

2nd, the policy did not mentioned about how to justify the amount in the joint account, but lets presume that if you and your friend use the same account and there is only 800 for 3 month, do you think they will give the PSW visa for both of you ?

so, indeed, you are ropewalker in this case.