ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Send additional documents before case is reviewed?

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

mdeleo01
Newly Registered

Send additional documents before case is reviewed?

Post by mdeleo01 » Mon Jun 13, 2005 4:55 pm

Has anyone out there sent supplemental or additional documents AFTER they sent in their original application?

The FAQs say that additional docs can be sent in (question #8).

My understanding is that the HO WILL accept additions as long as your case hasn't been decided. Once a decision has been made, they do not accept any new evidence.

Just curious if anyone else has done this successfully...

If so-

-Did the HO acknowledge that the additional docs were received?
-Were you able to confirm that your new docs were indeed added to your original packet before your decision was made?
-Did the additional docs help or hinder you?

lightbringer

additional docs

Post by lightbringer » Tue Jun 14, 2005 10:55 am

Hi mdleo01
Yes, I tried sending my additional documents after my main case was received. I submitted my original application last August, and sent my extra docs April 11, 2005.
My decision is still to be made, so I cannot tell you about the outcome. But about the aknowledgement, well they didn't send me any even though I asked them for it in my covering letter. However they replied to my recent email about the status of my case and confirmed that the docs as of April 11 were received and linked to my file! So I think you can get this information from them in the long run...
Don't know whether additional docs actually hindered my application, since there is a backlog as you probably know and my app falls right into it, so the processing time for me is unpredictable. I will let you know the results if I ever wait to see my decision letter.

Wish you all the best.

bugmaster

Post by bugmaster » Tue Jun 14, 2005 11:10 am

Yes I did that, as long as the documents you intend to send are not result of the time after you sent your original package.
Like for example if you wish to send a degree or certificate obtained by the time after submitting your docs initially.
To light a candle is to cast a shadow...