ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

work permit in Spain

Immigration to European countries, don't post UK or Ireland related topics!

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

andie
Newly Registered

work permit in Spain

Post by andie » Mon Jan 19, 2009 1:51 pm

HI everyone, I am a 25 year old from Peru and I live in the UK. I came here when I was 20. I have a Bsc(Hons) Biochemistry from the University of London and at the moment I work for P&G. Well, I would like to make a move to Spain, reason? well, I am ok here but as I am not european and I cannot move out of the country to work unless I have a work permit nor I can visit without requesting a visa, it's a pain.

As UK laws have been changing lately (IGS, tier1, etc, etc) as from October of this year I will have Tier 1 (general) and just from there they start to count my years so that I can become a resident and then another year so that I can become british. To be honest I am not after no countries benefits or pension, all I want is to be able to work freelly and to continue studying.

As I am peruvian I have double nationality which means that after being resident of Spain after 2 years I can become spanish (no only resident, but fully spanish and keep my peruvian nationality)..in that way I could go wherever I want and study without paying those exagerated student fees (I paid already £13K per year for my undergrad in UK).

My question is, do I need to get a sponsor or job offer before getting into Spain so that I can get the work permit? or is there a way, like in here were based in points I can work for anyone.

And my second question is, having a work permit, would I be able to study as well? would these be a problem after 2 years of studying and working (but holding a work permit not student) to claim the Spanish nationality?

If anyone knows would be great or if anyone has a question about UK I would be happy to help as well

Thanks! :)