ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

UPV : Warning stamped! Help on UK border crossing rules?

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

crystalclear
Newly Registered

UPV : Warning stamped! Help on UK border crossing rules?

Post by crystalclear » Mon Jan 19, 2009 2:19 pm

Hi sorry if my explaination bit all over the place but I need to ask this question...

I'm on UPV and my bf/partner is on Ancestry Visa. We have been in UK for almost 3 years now. Since settle in the UK we have established ourselves an international real estate business which requires my partner to travel in and out of UK. I have since also made a lot of friends and often gone on short weekend trips (for work/leisure) with friends with/without my partner and havent had any problems re-entering UK.

However this has changed...

Recently I had a problem for the first time at the border, the immigration officer in Stansted airport stamped/wrote my passport as Warning stating that if, next time when I enter the UK, my partner MUST BE at the border with me, otherwise I will be sent out/deported to country of origin. When this happened, my partner WAS in the UK at our office but the officer could not reach his mobile and stamped my passport as Warning! I was astounded why that happened since it hasn't been problems at all in the past. I did say to the officer I did not know that my partner has to cross the border with me at all times when he asked did I know the condition of my Visa when I first got it.

Since I love travelling and going on short trips (business or leisure by myself, or partner if he feels like it) I am now feel restricted as my partner can't accompany me all the time as he's also busy travelling around in and out of UK (once or twice a year) for work. We do have a solid relationship we intend to stay together forever, so I got little upset and worried about this as, if my partner isn't around or doesn't want to go on trips, then I can't go!! I have been out only once after this happened which I have to drag my partner to go skiing (he hates skiing!) so that I wouldn't have any problems to re-enter.

How do I go about finding out the exact rules of my Visa. When I first got the visa I thought that it was only to accompany partner i.e. accompany partner in the UK as to being in a relationship/settle with him as long as he's in the UK etc and not to as specific as accompany in crossing borders at all times.

Any helpful advice will be much much appreciated. Thank you so so much.

UKBAbble

Post by UKBAbble » Mon Jan 19, 2009 11:11 pm

The Stansted IO is talking nonsense. What warning did he put in the passport?

INSIDER

Post by INSIDER » Tue Jan 20, 2009 12:27 am

I echo what babble has just said.Complete nonsense, i.e the IO, not Babble.

joelondon
Member of Standing

Re: UPV : Warning stamped! Help on UK border crossing rules?

Post by joelondon » Wed Jan 28, 2009 7:29 pm

crystalclear wrote:Hi sorry if my explaination bit all over the place but I need to ask this question...

I'm on UPV and my bf/partner is on Ancestry Visa. We have been in UK for almost 3 years now. Since settle in the UK we have established ourselves an international real estate business which requires my partner to travel in and out of UK. I have since also made a lot of friends and often gone on short weekend trips (for work/leisure) with friends with/without my partner and havent had any problems re-entering UK.

However this has changed...

Recently I had a problem for the first time at the border, the immigration officer in Stansted airport stamped/wrote my passport as Warning stating that if, next time when I enter the UK, my partner MUST BE at the border with me, otherwise I will be sent out/deported to country of origin. When this happened, my partner WAS in the UK at our office but the officer could not reach his mobile and stamped my passport as Warning! I was astounded why that happened since it hasn't been problems at all in the past. I did say to the officer I did not know that my partner has to cross the border with me at all times when he asked did I know the condition of my Visa when I first got it.

Since I love travelling and going on short trips (business or leisure by myself, or partner if he feels like it) I am now feel restricted as my partner can't accompany me all the time as he's also busy travelling around in and out of UK (once or twice a year) for work. We do have a solid relationship we intend to stay together forever, so I got little upset and worried about this as, if my partner isn't around or doesn't want to go on trips, then I can't go!! I have been out only once after this happened which I have to drag my partner to go skiing (he hates skiing!) so that I wouldn't have any problems to re-enter.

How do I go about finding out the exact rules of my Visa. When I first got the visa I thought that it was only to accompany partner i.e. accompany partner in the UK as to being in a relationship/settle with him as long as he's in the UK etc and not to as specific as accompany in crossing borders at all times.

Any helpful advice will be much much appreciated. Thank you so so much.

HI THERE
DID U KNOW THAT YOU HAVE THE RIGHT TO BE IN THE UK BECOZ OF YOUR DEPENDENT ...AND I BELIEVE THAT THE OFFICER WAS RIGHT ...BUT ABOUT THE WARNING STAMP ..M NOT SURE ...THIS IS NEW THING...WHAT VISA ARE YOU IN ? MORE DETAILS PLZ

crystalclear
Newly Registered

Post by crystalclear » Tue Feb 03, 2009 7:50 pm

hi thanks for responses. much appreciated

im on unmarried partner visa, "to accompany partner " stated on visa. we are in relationship, live and run our own business together etc. here in england. so to answer your question, yes i think i do understand the basic terms of my visa and my partner is the reason why im here in the uk.

what i dont know/bit surprised when mentioned by the officer, is that my partner has to accompany me every time i cross the UK border which im bit concerned as to what if i dont travel with my partner (he will but maybe not all the time due to work etc)

should i call home office/immigration adviser or something or what should i do to get this clarified

thank you so much

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Wed Feb 04, 2009 11:00 am

As UKBabble has asked..what did the warning stamp say?

crystalclear
Newly Registered

Post by crystalclear » Tue Feb 10, 2009 9:59 am

he wrote "Warning" on it with red pen on top on the stamp

INSIDER

Post by INSIDER » Tue Feb 10, 2009 11:28 am

crystalclear wrote:he wrote "Warning" on it with red pen on top on the stamp
He did? There is nothing as far as I know in the rules which allows an immigration officer to make such an endorsement. Was the immigration officer's stamp number visible? If it is you may wish to take the matter up with the Chief Immigration Officer at the port where you arrived in the first instance.

This IO obviously has additional training needs which may need to be addressed. First, he totally gives you the wrong information regarding your visa then he compounds his mistake by issuing you with an inappropriate and procedurally wrong warning. SHOP HIM!!!! :lol: :lol:

crystalclear
Newly Registered

Post by crystalclear » Sun Oct 03, 2010 7:58 pm

INSIDER wrote: SHOP HIM!!!! :lol: :lol:
I would like to. But perhaps its bit too late now.

I have not had any problems after this one case, but would still like to find out exact rules/regulations for UP crossing UK borders without partner presence. I have not done much traveling since this accident happen to avoid troubles :(