ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

British citizenship application has been approved!

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

User

British citizenship application has been approved!

Post by User » Fri Jun 10, 2005 1:31 pm

Hi All,

I am very very hapy to tell you all that my British citizenship has been approved.

I had applied using hte nationality checking service on the 3rd of May 2005.

I recd. the letter from HO this morning. Very very happy today.
Around 5+ weeks turnaround... very very impressive service.

Looking forward to booking a date for the citizenship ceremony soon and finally to apply and get that dark-brown passport in my hand (is it dark-brown?? )

Wow!!! :-) What a grand news for me to begin this weekend :-)

Ta!

regards.

desperado

Re: British citizenship application has been approved!

Post by desperado » Fri Jun 10, 2005 1:39 pm

Congrats User,

Enjoy the citizenship ceremony. If you get a chance then please let us know when is your citizenship ceremony?

5 weeks is really impressive. For me it took 10 weeks but again we had 5 days of bank holiday, election 05 etc.

Enjoy!! :)

Chess
Diamond Member

Post by Chess » Fri Jun 10, 2005 3:28 pm

User - Congrats

Dont desert the forum though :wink:
Where there is a will there is a way.

try-one
Member of Standing

Post by try-one » Fri Jun 10, 2005 8:31 pm

Well done....
i'm counting the years for mine......
congrats
-------------------------
Life is a journey, not a destination (S. Tyler)

Joseph
Member of Standing

Post by Joseph » Fri Jun 10, 2005 9:33 pm

User

Well done! And thanks for all the updates.

Joseph

User

Post by User » Fri Jun 10, 2005 11:09 pm

Thanks guys.

Of course, i will not desert the forum :-)

Ta!

regards.

User

Post by User » Sat Jun 11, 2005 11:19 am

Hi All,

Has anybody taken the citizenship ceremony in Manchester? Any info as to their frequency of ceremonies in a month, etc. will help.

I will call them up on Monday, but just was curious if somebody already had used Manchester for the ceremony.

I am absolutely excited!!!! :-)

Ta!

regards.

ManchesterMan
Newly Registered

Stockport?

Post by ManchesterMan » Mon Jun 13, 2005 10:46 am

Hello User - I am in Stockport - and seems like we both got our apps approved at the same time - I got my date for the ceremony after 1 month in Stockport - how about you ? (how long is the wait for Manchester council).

Regards,

User

Post by User » Mon Jun 13, 2005 12:26 pm

Hi - I have not recd. my invitation as yet, but i called up the registration office and found that i can book the comming wednesday (day after tomorrow) as my ceremony date. I have been asked to call back again this after noon to confirm this becuase it seems the registration office has not yet recd. the letter fomr HO although i have recd. it last Friday. He said he will receive it in this morning's post. So i have to call back again this after noon to confirm my ceremony date as this wednesday :-)

If i don;t get this date, the next one is next week :-) So no worries.

Ta!

regards.

bhavna

Post by bhavna » Tue Jun 14, 2005 12:39 pm

hello user,

Congrats on your approval.
cna you please tell us that what proof did you give for the english language requirement?

Thanks

User

Post by User » Tue Jun 14, 2005 1:44 pm

Hi bhavna,

I had a letter signed by my college's principal, saying that "English" was my medium of instruction throughout my 3 years of degree course.

Ta!

regards.

desperado

Post by desperado » Wed Jun 15, 2005 6:28 am

User wrote:Hi - I have not recd. my invitation as yet, but i called up the registration office and found that i can book the comming wednesday (day after tomorrow) as my ceremony date. I have been asked to call back again this after noon to confirm this becuase it seems the registration office has not yet recd. the letter fomr HO although i have recd. it last Friday. He said he will receive it in this morning's post. So i have to call back again this after noon to confirm my ceremony date as this wednesday :-)

If i don;t get this date, the next one is next week :-) So no worries.

Ta!

regards.
User, when is your ceremony? is it today (15th june) or is it next week?

User

Post by User » Wed Jun 15, 2005 12:46 pm

Hi desperado,

I guess it will be next wednesday. I will have to re-confirm it tomorrow. As of Monday, they had not recd. the letter from HO. Also i have not recd. the invitation letter so far (my approval letter says i will get it soon though :-))

So in all probabilities, my ceremony date could be next wednesday :-) becuase they have a ceremony date then.

Ta!

regards.

mwaitojofu
Newly Registered

Post by mwaitojofu » Thu Jun 16, 2005 11:10 am

User,

Congratulations on your approval.

Hopefully we'll continue seeing you in this forum.

Regards,

Bambu

User

Post by User » Fri Jun 17, 2005 3:19 pm

Hi ,

My citizenship ceremony is confirmed for coming wednesday - 22nd.

I have recd. all the documentation - i.e. HO invitation letter, ceremony confirmation ,etc.

However i noted that they have wrongly spelt my place of birth city name in the invitation. I also got it confirmed from the registration office (ceremony office) that the naturalistion certificate also has the place of birth wrongly spelt.

I was advised that i could still take my ceremony and receive my naturalisation certificate, but then i will have to send it to HO for correction, which can take 2-3 weeks for correction to be made and certificate posted back to me.

This puts a a long wait before i see my British passport in hand :-(

I checked up with my citizenship application, photocopy of my supporting eveidence, etc and i can see that the place of birth is all correct everywhere.

I just wonder how they could make such silly mistakes.

My frustration is - i was looking forward to receieving my passport soon, now it gets deferred by another 2-3 weeks because of this.

Anyway... Just wanted to keep you all informed. :-)

I wonder what will be the effect of this spelling mistake by HO on my citizenship on 22nd June.
I guess i will be a citizen on that date, irrecpective of the fact that the Place of birth is wrongly spelt, which i will get it corrected later by HO anyway.

I hate all these sorts of last minute annoying things.... :-(

Ta!

regards.

desperado

Post by desperado » Fri Jun 17, 2005 4:39 pm

User wrote:Hi ,

My citizenship ceremony is confirmed for coming wednesday - 22nd.

I have recd. all the documentation - i.e. HO invitation letter, ceremony confirmation ,etc.

However i noted that they have wrongly spelt my place of birth city name in the invitation. I also got it confirmed from the registration office (ceremony office) that the naturalistion certificate also has the place of birth wrongly spelt.

I was advised that i could still take my ceremony and receive my naturalisation certificate, but then i will have to send it to HO for correction, which can take 2-3 weeks for correction to be made and certificate posted back to me.

This puts a a long wait before i see my British passport in hand :-(

I checked up with my citizenship application, photocopy of my supporting eveidence, etc and i can see that the place of birth is all correct everywhere.

I just wonder how they could make such silly mistakes.

My frustration is - i was looking forward to receieving my passport soon, now it gets deferred by another 2-3 weeks because of this.

Anyway... Just wanted to keep you all informed. :-)

I wonder what will be the effect of this spelling mistake by HO on my citizenship on 22nd June.
I guess i will be a citizen on that date, irrecpective of the fact that the Place of birth is wrongly spelt, which i will get it corrected later by HO anyway.

I hate all these sorts of last minute annoying things.... :-(

Ta!

regards.
No duplicate post please :) I have responded to this same post in the other thread. Anyway I'm sorry to hear they got the spelling wrongly. It is very annoying. Even if the city of birth is spelt wrong you are still british citizen after you get your certificate.

User

Post by User » Fri Jun 17, 2005 4:57 pm

Sorry for the repetition. Since I own this thread, i thought its better to keep this and the other thraed updated together. ;-)

Ta!

regards.