ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 1 Issue - Oxford Brookes University

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

treehugger
Newly Registered

Tier 1 Issue - Oxford Brookes University

Post by treehugger » Wed Jan 21, 2009 7:30 am

Hello there fellow friends. I was wondering if you could help me with this urgent query.

Me and my friends have been studying the ACCA qualification in London. Previously anyway on our student visas and obtained Oxford Brookes University degree in Applied Accounting. Some of us have not completed the ACCA qualification but we've ALL got our OBU Degree. This is currently recognised on the self assessment tool. I was told by immigration consultants in the UK that the OBU degree is enough for a Tier 1 application as its a unique partnership of which you need to complete Level 2 of the ACCA syllabus to actually obtain it.

I would be so grateful if other members of the forums could confirm this urgently. Some of our applications have already been submitted. Or perhaps be able to suggest any additional forms of documents that we could prepare in case of any questions.

thanks so much,
Treehugger

Chipungu
Newly Registered

Post by Chipungu » Wed Jan 21, 2009 8:03 am

The oxford brookes degree is recognised. I got my hsmp approval with just the oxford brookes degree in september. The degree is fully acceredited as equivalent to any other british degree. You can also claim the english ability by getting a letter from the oxford brookes. I am applying for my tier next week, i will tell you how it goes.