ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

can my son travel? EU resident in UK

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

elevendi

can my son travel? EU resident in UK

Post by elevendi » Wed Jan 21, 2009 11:35 am

hello

i am from Latvia, 2 years resident in UK and i work full time, my son is 3 years old born in England, the father is non-EEA waiting for Residence card EEA2

i am planning to travel abroad in March, but i've just been told from my embassy that my son need Nationality first then he can apply for his passport.

the problem is the nationality takes 6 months plus 1 month for the passport, that makes it 7 months from now, at the best!

i just would like to know if there are any other ways to make my son able to travel abroad before this time, please could someone help! someone with more knowledge in this immigration field! thanks

please! and thank you very much!!!

UKBAbble

Post by UKBAbble » Wed Jan 21, 2009 3:01 pm

You could get him a passport in his father's nationality.

elevendi

Post by elevendi » Thu Jan 22, 2009 11:09 am

hi UKBAbble

i don't think this is possible as his father is still waiting his EEA2, i thought the father must hold a status and be registered within his consulate before considering a passport for his son, or am i wrong?

86ti
Diamond Member

Post by 86ti » Thu Jan 22, 2009 11:12 am

elevendi wrote:i don't think this is possible as his father is still waiting his EEA2, i thought the father must hold a status and be registered within his consulate before considering a passport for his son, or am i wrong?
I suggest you contact the consulate to find out!

JAJ
Australia

Post by JAJ » Fri Jan 23, 2009 1:21 am

What nationality is the father?

Richard66

Post by Richard66 » Fri Jan 23, 2009 3:24 pm

Six months just to register your child as a Latvian citizen? Just out of curiosilty, why have you waited three years to move?
Aiming at travelling to the UK with my wife and not with an EEA FP!