ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Check List of documents to be submitted

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

parita
Newly Registered

Check List of documents to be submitted

Post by parita » Wed Jan 21, 2009 2:56 pm

Hi!

I have the following query:

--Do i have to submit my passport at the time of submitting my application form , documents , i.e. the day my biometrics is taken? I live in Netherlands and will be applying from India when i visit it for 15 days. So submitting my passport will be an issue.

gotcha
Member of Standing

Re: Check List of documents to be submitted

Post by gotcha » Wed Jan 21, 2009 3:08 pm

parita wrote:Hi!

--Do i have to submit my passport at the time of submitting my application form , documents , i.e. the day my biometrics is taken? I live in Netherlands and will be applying from India when i visit it for 15 days. So submitting my passport will be an issue.
Are you sure , what you are asking ?
For a any UK visa application , you need to provide passport along with it. Otherwise where they will stick visa sticker, in case of apporval. If you are living in Netherlands, why not apply from Netherlands itself ?

parita
Newly Registered

Post by parita » Wed Jan 21, 2009 3:26 pm

gotcha wrote:

For a any UK visa application , you need to provide passport along with it. Otherwise where they will stick visa sticker, in case of apporval. If you are living in Netherlands, why not apply from Netherlands itself ?
I was confused that whether the passport needs to be submitted along with the application or will it be asked to be submitted later if the decision taken in my case will be positive. Can i apply from Netherlands if I hold a residence permit , work permit and multiple entry Visa?

gotcha
Member of Standing

Post by gotcha » Wed Jan 21, 2009 3:29 pm

parita wrote:
gotcha wrote:

I was confused that whether the passport needs to be submitted along with the application or will it be asked to be submitted later if the decision taken in my case will be positive. Can i apply from Netherlands if I hold a residence permit , work permit and multiple entry Visa?
Yes, passport needs to be submitted along with application.
If you are resident of Netherlands, you can apply to british embassy over there.

parita
Newly Registered

Post by parita » Wed Jan 21, 2009 3:33 pm

For a any UK visa application , you need to provide passport along with it. Otherwise where they will stick visa sticker, in case of apporval. If you are living in Netherlands, why not apply from Netherlands itself ?[/quote]

I was confused that whether the passport needs to be submitted along with the application or will it be asked to be submitted later if the decision taken in my case will be positive. Can i apply from Netherlands if I hold a residence permit , work permit and multiple entry Visa?[/quote]

Yes, passport needs to be submitted along with application.
If you are resident of Netherlands, you can apply to british embassy over there.[/quote]

Thats great to hear because I thought its necessary to be a dutch national and not resident to apply from the Netherlands. Thanks!