ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

New Student Rules from March 2009

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

New Student Rules from March 2009

Post by Wanderer » Wed Jan 14, 2009 1:07 pm

More or less the same I think but tick-boxed and more controls;

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/study ... measadult/
An chéad stad eile Stáisiún Uí Chonghaile....

dildarya
Newly Registered

Re: New Student Rules from March 2009

Post by dildarya » Wed Jan 21, 2009 5:02 pm

Wanderer wrote:More or less the same I think but tick-boxed and more controls;

Hi Wanderer

Yes you are absolutely right .It looks now they are going to be robots instead of case workers.If you have £9590 in your bank account then you will not be able to meet your expenses during your studies and will be rejected (with or with out right of appeal) straight way.
And interesting is the maintenance of funds
If someone has one adult and 2 minors as dependents then he/she needs to show more than £24,000 for outside London area and almost £27,000 for London area just as maintenance,it means a minor spends around £500 a month and each month.(if it is ,then they are still paying £67 a child/ month as child benefit to bring him up)
And furthermore if you change your institute(sponsor) during you stay then you need to apply to HO again for visa.

I think they want to get £100 Billion/year from international students instead of £10 Billions/year to support their economy

I am not sure what they exactly want from International students(non-EU).And what sort of out comes they would have after these changes.

callraheel
Newly Registered

Re: New Student Rules from March 2009

Post by callraheel » Mon Feb 09, 2009 8:46 pm

dildarya wrote:
Wanderer wrote:More or less the same I think but tick-boxed and more controls;

Hi Wanderer

Yes you are absolutely right .It looks now they are going to be robots instead of case workers.If you have £9590 in your bank account then you will not be able to meet your expenses during your studies and will be rejected (with or with out right of appeal) straight way.
And interesting is the maintenance of funds
If someone has one adult and 2 minors as dependents then he/she needs to show more than £24,000 for outside London area and almost £27,000 for London area just as maintenance,it means a minor spends around £500 a month and each month.(if it is ,then they are still paying £67 a child/ month as child benefit to bring him up)
And furthermore if you change your institute(sponsor) during you stay then you need to apply to HO again for visa.

I think they want to get £100 Billion/year from international students instead of £10 Billions/year to support their economy

I am not sure what they exactly want from International students(non-EU).And what sort of out comes they would have after these changes.
Hi dildarya,

Nice comments from you, do agree with exactly what u r saying. I was wondering if the student is living with his sponsor who can bear his living and accomodation expense would they still be looking for £9,600 per year in his bank account?? Any idea?

Cheers!!