ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EEC1 Reference Number Waiting Time

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

sunil_kumar
Newly Registered

EEC1 Reference Number Waiting Time

Post by sunil_kumar » Sat Apr 30, 2005 10:36 pm

Hi All,
I have seen a few threads and people are talking about the various stages in the EEC1 application approval process.
I had applied for the same last Friday and the Home Office must have received them on Satruday as I sent them by Special Delivery.
But I wanted to know how long do I need to wait to get any kind of letter or reference from the Home Office ...
Do I need to get in touch with them over the phone or mail ?

I would like to know other's experiences and advice to get the application approved or atleast previous successful experiences ....

Thanks Again to this Wonderful Forum which has answered all my previous questions....

Cheers,
Sunny

pedro_soto
Newly Registered

Post by pedro_soto » Sun May 01, 2005 5:13 pm

Hi there,
I am in a very similar situation as u, I am a Non-EU married to a french. We have applied with form EEC1 around 8 weeks ago, and received no confirmation letter from the HO. We did it with a solicitor, and he told us is normal not to receive nothing from them, but you can call them up and ask for your reference number. So don't worry about this letter, what is really to be worried is the amount of time it is taking for this applications to be aproved.

The only bad thing in my case, is that I overstayed a month to be able to get married and apply for residence . :roll: . The solicitor said it should be all right since my wife is EU and not British...

Bit scared anyway :x
Last edited by pedro_soto on Sun May 01, 2005 8:31 pm, edited 2 times in total.

sunil_kumar
Newly Registered

Hi Pedro

Post by sunil_kumar » Sun May 01, 2005 6:11 pm

Hi Pedro,
Could you please send me the phone number I should call and get further details reg. my application ?

Good that you have cleared my doubts and thank you for that.

Thanks,
Sunil

kavanspace

Be patient...

Post by kavanspace » Fri May 06, 2005 8:28 pm

Hi pedro,sunil..kumar and non-eea married to eu,

The time taken to get HO reference number is uncertain and so is the time to get the application result. I hope you two have send the by special delivery post and must be having that refrence slip.

I have send my docs to HO since 4 months and did not receive any reference number. The phone number is 08706067766. You will get through only agents who will say general progress of your application eg:awaiting consideration. I call them up every month and my applicaiton status is still the same.

I know its hard to wait so long but what can you do???

Hope that helps!!!

Regards,

pedro_soto
Newly Registered

Post by pedro_soto » Mon May 09, 2005 12:44 pm

Hi kavanspace, when you call next time ask for your reference number. Is there anyone else in the same situation? it would be good to know how your process are going and how long did they take.

Also, are we able to start working? or we should wait for the residence permit just to be safe?

Good luck on the waiting.

SunBlue

Post by SunBlue » Mon May 09, 2005 1:04 pm

Pedro, you will be OK with your application!

They received my application exactly 13 weeks ago, and no visa yet! When I call there they say that "it´s under consideration".

I think we have to wait for the residence permit to work. And I guess it would be even difficult to find work without passport and proof that we can work in the country.
I am not working because I am waiting for the residence permit.
I found a volunteer job, but then i called the Home Office to confirm if I could do it and they told "no". So I am really not doing anything now.

It´strange that Kavan´s application is still "awaiting for consideration" after 4 months. My application went from awaiting to under consideration in about 6 weeks.

I will post here as soon as I get the residence permit.

meham
Newly Registered

Post by meham » Tue May 10, 2005 10:21 pm

ive been waiting almost 3 months got reference no. though. didnt call them yet. i feel when you seem deperate calling them too many times they will prolong it even longer. only my personal opinion.
good luck to everyone

SunBlue

Post by SunBlue » Tue May 17, 2005 5:45 pm

Has anyone got an answer yet?
I have been waiting for 14 weeks already (exactly 69 working days), and have got no news so far.
I called the Home Office today and it´s still under consideration.

sunil_kumar
Newly Registered

Called Up Home Office

Post by sunil_kumar » Mon May 23, 2005 3:39 pm

Hi Guys,
I just called up Home Office and they confirmed that my application is still 'Awaiting consideration'.

Progress so far :

24.04.05 - Sent Application and they received it next day
09.05.05 - Got Reference Number - Awaiting Consideration
23.05.05 - Awaiting Consideration

I am wondering, its almost a month now and the status is still Awaiting Consideration. Although for Glauco it went to the next status - Under Consideration, in a few couple of weeks.

Do you guys think that they have recieved a lot of applications or is it that some cases take longer ?

I am married to a French National (Married under the new COA procedure) on 16th April and both of us work. Whats the situation with others on the same?

Cheers,
Sunny

SunBlue

Post by SunBlue » Tue May 24, 2005 9:48 am

Hi Sunny,
I think that they have received a lot of applications in the last couple of weeks because the citizens from the new EU countries that have to register, now, after one year with the WRS are able to apply for under EEC1. So that mean that this month they start to have a big income of applications that they didn´t have before at all.
The EU citizens that doesn´t need to register, they only do when they want to bring a family member normally, they don´t care much about getting the residence permit, but the citizens from the new countries have to apply. And lots of people applied for the WRS last May, let´s say that if 30.000 applied last May, then 30.000 are able to apply under EEC1 now, and so on.

My application was received at the Home Office on the 7th of February. On the 22nd of March it went to "under consideration" status. And I haven´t heard anything so far.
Under EU laws, they have up to 6 months to consider my case, so I have been waiting so long now, and in up to 11 weeks from now I have to have an answer anyway. But it sucks to wait!

If you guys get any news, just let me know, ok?

John
United Kingdom

Post by John » Tue May 24, 2005 10:30 am

Glauco wrote :-
I think that they have received a lot of applications in the last couple of weeks because the citizens from the new EU countries that have to register, now, after one year with the WRS are able to apply for under EEC1.
Absolutely right .... but IND knew that would happen and had a year to plan for all those extra applications.

Seems to me that far too few people are allocated to the unit(s) dealing with EEC applications. I shall draft a Parliamentary Written Question and try to get a friendly MP to ask it. That is, try to establish how many people work on EEC applications, and indeed why it is taking so long to deal with those applications?
John

SunBlue

Post by SunBlue » Fri May 27, 2005 1:03 pm

Nice idea John!

I called the Home Office yesterday and they told: "your application was with the caseworker who was going to decide, and it has moved already, so probably your application has been decided, but I cannot see the result. I don´t know if it was positive answer or not. But soon you will probably get your documents back"

Then today I called again. I was thinking I could ask the reference number of Royal Mail, so I could track my application online, and for my surprise they tell: "it´s under consideration" and FULL STOP!
Then I told what the other officer told me and then he told me: "I can see it´s under consideration only"
Then I was rude and said: "So, did the other officer lie to me?" And he told: "Probably yes, and anyway, he couldn´t give this kind of information anyway, he was wrong"

It sucks so much. I have been waiting for 16 weeks now!

kavanspace

Hi all...

Post by kavanspace » Fri May 27, 2005 2:17 pm

Hi all....

I have submitted my application since 22nd January...according to EEC3 form.My wife is polish registered with WRS.

1. My status was awaiting consideration and now its under consideration. Glauco I think ...the other agent might have told you the information which they are not allowed to tell. They always give general answers like under or awaiting consideration. Any ways we can't help it unless waiting. I know its not easy to be patient. I think they have tremendous applications.

2. We cannot work according to new rights untill the application is postive and passport is stamped.

3. One thing I would suggest is that 6 months is really long time and I think HO should decide someway to reduce the time taken to process EC applicatons but they also have their reasons why it takes time.

I have been waiting very long and every day I am loosing patience.

4. I think the suggestion is to apply in U.K embaasy of the country of the origin and not in U.K as there it takes less processing time. This might be helpful to new applicants.

All of you good luck on waiting.....

Cheers
Kavan.

John
United Kingdom

Post by John » Fri May 27, 2005 2:20 pm

It really surprises me that IND have such a problem with these applications. After all there is a right under EU/EEA regulations for EEA Family Permits to be issued. The only proviso is .... is the marriage real or a sham.

Don't get me wrong, I am not suggesting for one moment that anyone posting here is in a sham marriage ... but just for a second ... look at it from the point of view of IND ... they need to ascertain that the marriage is real, or at least have no suspicion that it is a sham .... before issuing the EEA Family Permit.

So who to do that? Do they ask the Police to investigate? Do they have their own investigators? If they don't do any of those things, how do they check? No wonder it takes them months to do something that should take days!
John

pedro_soto
Newly Registered

Post by pedro_soto » Fri May 27, 2005 3:30 pm

Hi there,
Definetly apply from your home country if your thinking of applying for EEC, I am sure I would have solved this in a week or two.

In my case they called my wife's work last week to make sure she was still working there, so I guess something is moving. I called this week and they said the classical "under consideration". But that there was a caseworker assigned, and working on it.

Sunil, the first time I called exactly on week 6, my app was "under consideration".

In summary, applied around 12 weeks ago, and really a bit desperate not to be able to get on with my life :?

Good luck everyone.

Kayalami
Diamond Member

Post by Kayalami » Fri May 27, 2005 7:32 pm

It is likely that resource allocation is biased towards those applicants paying a fee = those applying under UK immigration rules. At 500 GBP or GBP 355 a pop as appropriate it is only right that such is the case. EEA/EU enlargement has not helped either with an increasing demand for WRS and residence permits. Sorry all you can do is wait. If funds (travel purposes) are not an issue then it might be best to apply overseas for a family permit.

SunBlue

Post by SunBlue » Fri May 27, 2005 8:14 pm

You are correct Kayalami!

But the thing that sucks is that we don´t even have the possibility to pay!! I´d rather pay and get it fast. We only have the possibility to do it per post. It´s good that it´s for free, but it doesn´t help much.

I really wanted to apply from my country of residence, which is Germany (I have a german residence permit, like a Limited Leave to Remain - same format, because I have a german partner).

But the thing was that I went to the British Consulate to apply for a visa. I wanted to apply to Unmarried Partner visa, and they told I couldn´t apply for this visa cause my parter didn´t have INDEFINITE Leave to Remain, which is bullshit. Partners of people with limited leave to remain can apply for UP visa, but the woman told not! She told that only "unmarried partner of present and settled persons" can apply, and then she came with the definition that present and settled is a person with ILR, etc etc...

But looking this page:
http://www.ukvisas.gov.uk/servlet/Front ... 20thirteen
I saw that I could have applied. It says:
"The Rules also apply to partners of sponsors in the UK who have limited leave to enter or remain in the following categories:.... and EEA nationals"

I would have to apply for Unmarried Partner visa. And she told I could not apply for EEA Family Permit cause same-sex partners are not included in EEA regulations. Even we have a civil partnership in Germany we are not considered family (but it´s interesting that once in the country we can apply with the EEC1 form, cause the EU law says that the "host member should not treat the EU citizens less favourably than it´s own citizens. And as british people can bring unmarried partners then the EU citizens cannot be treated less favourably and then under EEC1 we can include partners too"

Anyway, she was really wrong. Then I tried to explain to her that I could apply and she told: "Well, do you want to try? Then you will be most likely refused. I can give your application back now without processing it and you don´t have to pay, but if you decide to go further with your application you will have to pay the 403 euro fee and will be mostly likely refused".

I knew I was correct, but of course I didn´t try :-) My partner was already in the UK and being refused would make hard for us to get together again.
So I decided not to apply in Germany and apply within the UK. I am a non-visa national, so I entered the country as a tourist and applied under EEC1 application.

So it was not even a question of funds - I was ready to pay the 403 for an Unmarried Partner, and I was already inside the Consulate, hehe!!
I tried to solve this later and talk to British High Commission but got no answer. I complained about the Consulate, I have a document written by them proving I am right, but then I complained to British High Commission and got no reply.

If they would see they were wrong, then I would get a Ryanair flight and would apply there, and in 1 day I would have the visa.
But now I have to wait six months to solve this mess!

jason25
Newly Registered

Post by jason25 » Tue May 31, 2005 12:18 am

hey there,

if my experience will help, then i also sent my EEC1 application for residence permit last year, in september, i called them every week, and the answer was also either awaiting consideration, or under consideration " depends of the weather that day" ... however i finally GOT my residence permit and surprisingly after 13 weeks exactly.. so somehow it does take about 3months to process..

for those who are overstayers or whatever.. dont panic as it wont affect AT ALL the decission.. what is the moste important is that the EU partner is working in the uk for at least 6months, and fully using his/her treaty rights.

however, BE AWARE that you will expect the same amount of time or even longer when u send your new passport to the home office to get RE-STAMPED with the residence permit once your passport has expired ..

i sent mine nearly 4months ago, along with my ORIGINAL residence doccuments, and i still havent received it back yet .. it really SUCKS cos you might think you are a full UK resident etc.. yet you cant bloody travel because it takes months for them to re-stemp something which belongs to you already .. how irritating.

good luck to you all..

sunil_kumar
Newly Registered

Any Updates

Post by sunil_kumar » Wed Jun 08, 2005 12:03 pm

Hi Guys,
Any updates on the EEC1 Application Status. I have been trying to call them and the Phone line is constantly busy.
Does any one have any news reg. the huge influx of EEC1 or any other application causing the delays?

Cheers,
Sunny

SunBlue

Post by SunBlue » Tue Jun 14, 2005 9:29 pm

Hi guys,
Finally I GOT THE VISA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I am so happy now. I have always seen people telling here they got the visa and I was thinking that it was never going to happen to me. But now it´s true!!

So, I applied on the 4th of February, they received my application (EEC1 application on the 7th/Feb).
The letter that comes with the residence permit is written as the date of 11th/April!!!!! Yes, it was april, and they took so long to send it back.
And I just got it now cause we asked the passport back for "medical reasons", so, as they had approved the application, then they just sent back everything.

In my visa is written place and date of issue, with the dateof 10th Jun /05. And it is valid until 11th April 07.

It´s written Limited Leave to Remain, and they don´t mention at all as being dependent of an EEA citizen. And I got it valid for 2 years (dependent of EU citizens normally get it valid for 5 years).
So, is it the case that they considered it under the Unmarried Partner rules? If so, when can I apply for ILR? In 2007 or 2009?

The letter I got says:
"Shortly before the date stated above, YOU MAY APPLY FOR THE TIME LIMIT attached to your stay in this country TO BE REMOVED".

My visa came with a spelling mistake in my second name. They changed an O with a P. So, I guess I have to send it back to them and explain in a letter. Can I go to the PEO and do that? I accept paying the fee to do that, but I just wouldn´t like to have my passport with them for so long again.

Or: if I send my passport, is it the European Casework team who´s going to deal with it or just another team especially able to do that? I am just concerned cause the EU Team is taking so long, other teams answer within a few weeks!

The people who helped me and the others: THANK YOU for your support.

All the best,

Glauco
PS: so, it´s really possible to apply with EEC1 form for unmarried partner visa (of EEA citizens, of course). I have seen people telling here it´s not possible, but that it is indeed!

meham
Newly Registered

got it eec1

Post by meham » Fri Jun 24, 2005 2:53 pm

got it waiting time 2 months and 3 weeks. but mine was traight forward no problems or overstaying.
good luck to everyone

sunil_kumar
Newly Registered

Post by sunil_kumar » Fri Jun 24, 2005 9:21 pm

Thats Wonderful.
I have sent my application in April and I hope I get mine too in 3 months.
Mine too is a straight forward application but you never know how the Home Office works...

Cheers,
Sunny

pedro_soto
Newly Registered

Post by pedro_soto » Sat Jun 25, 2005 12:35 pm

Great for you guys, I am still waiting (3.5 month already). I have a doubt Mehan, when this thread began you said you had been waiting for almost three month and you finally got it after 2month and 3 weeks. I suppose you got your visa just after your post?

kavanspace

still waiting...

Post by kavanspace » Mon Jun 27, 2005 12:39 am

Hi there guys...

Congress to all the one who got visa...and best of luck to alll who are waiting including me.. :(

I have submitted my application since 5 months and not a single reply.

I need my pass for exams,driving license,etc.....so helpless.... :x :cry:

sunil_kumar
Newly Registered

GOT the Residence Permit but ....

Post by sunil_kumar » Sat Jul 02, 2005 4:31 pm

Hi everyone,
I finally got the Residence Permit today. My wife (who had applied for her Residence Permit with my Residence Document) received all the documents along with her Residence Permit(Blue leaflet with her picture).
I also received a letter from Home Office mentioning that my Passport has been endorsed.
But.. There is no endorsement. I have my previous Work Permit(which is a Residence Permit for 2 years) but there are no other endorsements.
I thought as I am married to an EEA National I should get a Residence Document for 4/5 years... Isnt it?

Is it the same case with everyone?
I intend to meet the Home Office officials in Croydon on Monday but just wanted to confirm from others too.

Your reply would be of great importance.

Thanks,
Sunil