ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Qualification Supporting Evidence

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

hmigneron
Newly Registered

Qualification Supporting Evidence

Post by hmigneron » Sun Jan 18, 2009 2:20 pm

Hi all,

I will by applying for Tier 1 (General) from Canada in about 2 weeks. As I am gathering my documents, I realized that all supporting evidence sent when applying needs to be in English. This is fine for almost everything, except for my diploma...

I went to a french university (in Canada) and my degree was thought in french. The diploma is also printed in french and my university cannot print an english diploma. Canada is now on the list of countries "english speaking countries" which means that I don't need to send supporting evidence for the language requirements.

However, what should I do for the diploma? I can get my university to print an official document in English that will confirm that I graduated from there. Should I send my original diploma (in french) and a letter from my university basically repeating what's on the diploma (name, degree, date, etc.) ?

Should I get it translated by an official translator?

Has anyone in my situation applied, and what documentation did you send?

Thanks for your help!

gordon

Post by gordon » Wed Jan 21, 2009 7:29 pm

The BA don't accept academic certificates in lieu of degree certificates (diplomas). I sent a certified translation (ie an English translation done by a certified translator, not one issued by the university) with the degree certificate (which was in Latin). AG