ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

name change will be any issue?

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Sandip_in_Uk
Newly Registered

name change will be any issue?

Post by Sandip_in_Uk » Tue Jan 20, 2009 11:30 am

Hi guys

my wife's Tier1 visa is due for renewal in the month of December 2009. I need your expert help and guideance for our problem.

Problem or Issue:
- After our marrige last year(April 2008) we changed the surname of my wife on our utility bills, Bank accounts, bank statements, salary slips, etc.
- We have not changed the surname of my wife after the marriage, as any change in the name or surname needs a new passport from Indian goverment. So we did not make any name changes in our passport. However we have added/updated spouse name in our passports from the Indian consulate in Edinburgh.

My question:
- When applying for Tier1 visa extension will this create any problem for us?
- Since all the utility bills, bank statements, salary slips have a new surname but my wife's passport still shows her maiden name and not post marriage surname.
- So when we submit all the documents as a proof during the extension will there be any issue as the salary slips, bank statements will show a different surname and the passport will show a different surname?

If there will be a problem is it possible to get certified by a lawyer in UK to prove that both the name represent the same individual?

Please help. I need to make sure we dont mess up while applying for our Tier1 visa extension.
Thanks a lot in advace
Sandip

Sandip_in_Uk
Newly Registered

Re: name change will be any issue?

Post by Sandip_in_Uk » Wed Jan 21, 2009 8:35 am

Sandip_in_Uk wrote:Hi guys

my wife's Tier1 visa is due for renewal in the month of December 2009. I need your expert help and guideance for our problem.

Problem or Issue:
- After our marrige last year(April 2008) we changed the surname of my wife on our utility bills, Bank accounts, bank statements, salary slips, etc.
- We have not changed the surname of my wife after the marriage, as any change in the name or surname needs a new passport from Indian goverment. So we did not make any name changes in our passport. However we have added/updated spouse name in our passports from the Indian consulate in Edinburgh.

My question:
- When applying for Tier1 visa extension will this create any problem for us?
- Since all the utility bills, bank statements, salary slips have a new surname but my wife's passport still shows her maiden name and not post marriage surname.
- So when we submit all the documents as a proof during the extension will there be any issue as the salary slips, bank statements will show a different surname and the passport will show a different surname?

If there will be a problem is it possible to get certified by a lawyer in UK to prove that both the name represent the same individual?

Please help. I need to make sure we dont mess up while applying for our Tier1 visa extension.
Thanks a lot in advace
Sandip

Hi Guys,
any inputs on my question?

MyHSMPApplication

Post by MyHSMPApplication » Wed Jan 21, 2009 8:55 am

My suggestion,

You have two options,

• Get an affidavit done stating that both the names represent the same person and that because of marriage we had to change the name. This will be sworn in front of the solicitor and for that he will charge you (Mind you they are pretty expensive. They charged me over £300 )
  • Get a new passport done via the Indian Embassy in Edinburgh stating Change of name after marriage.
Either of the two should resolve your problem once in for all.

Cheers
PG

Sandip_in_Uk
Newly Registered

Post by Sandip_in_Uk » Wed Jan 21, 2009 8:29 pm

MyHSMPApplication wrote:My suggestion,

You have two options,

• Get an affidavit done stating that both the names represent the same person and that because of marriage we had to change the name. This will be sworn in front of the solicitor and for that he will charge you (Mind you they are pretty expensive. They charged me over £300 )
  • Get a new passport done via the Indian Embassy in Edinburgh stating Change of name after marriage.
Either of the two should resolve your problem once in for all.

Cheers
PG
hi PG

thanks for your inputs.