ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Should HSMP Team stop taking new 'HSMP Applications' ?

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

majic

Should HSMP Team stop taking new 'HSMP Applications' ?

Post by majic » Wed Jun 15, 2005 7:27 am

I have been a regular visitor at this Forum for about 2 weeks and have seen alot of us in agony of an unending wait. I strongly feel that HSMP team should stop taking new HSMP application for a period of time say about 3 months. Finish all the back log and then move forward.

My question only points to new application and not review cases.

please vote & comment.

Cheers

Kotiara

Post by Kotiara » Wed Jun 15, 2005 8:21 am

Dude, i don't understand why you've posted this poll. I mean, i whould have definitely answered "no" a few weeks back (before i sent my docs), but now am i supposed to answer "yes"? And those guys, who havent yet sent their applications, why should they suffer? Why are they worse than us?

If it was up to me, i would increase the fee to the point where HSMP team starts making profit (well, i guess, they've done that already). Then I would just keep hiring new caseworkers, including HSMP visa holders, who dont really need much traning to get started and can accept lower salaries and/or work on temporary basis. I'd hire enough people to clear the backlog.

Kotiara

Post by Kotiara » Wed Jun 15, 2005 8:27 am

And one more thing. The average time it takes to get a Canadian Independent Worker's visa is abt a coule of years, as far as i remember, so HSMP team is quite efficient actually.

Rog
Member of Standing

Post by Rog » Wed Jun 15, 2005 8:54 am

The HSMP is a very good income generator for the Home Office so I dont think they are bothered for a few months backlog as long as all the applications are accompanied by the fees. They must have anticipated the jump in applications when they brought down the threshold to apply but did not take any steps to deal with the additional inflow of applications. It is only the applicants who have to bear the agonising wait.

Kotiara you have mentioned the Candian immigration but even though taking more time the one advantage is that Canada gives you PR status directly so there is no ambiguity in your working status the moment you enter the country unlike the HSMP.

Kotiara

Post by Kotiara » Wed Jun 15, 2005 9:17 am

Rog wrote:Kotiara you have mentioned the Candian immigration but even though taking more time the one advantage is that Canada gives you PR status directly so there is no ambiguity in your working status the moment you enter the country unlike the HSMP.
Yeah I agree, but many people have to wait a few years to get the visa. I've heard of cases where it took about 10 years!

dokwal
BANNED

Life of HSMP applicant

Post by dokwal » Wed Jun 15, 2005 9:50 am

but one year visa is no good for agencies, so no jobs , qualified acca are working for gbp 600 a month for 35 hrs , this is true story not for one for many acca 's and indian acountants are working in bread butter guest houses as porters or carrier , ( I HEAR THAT top firms r hiring accountants from Asia on work permit) very bad situation

my friends pl think 10 time before jumping in this water , once you say u r on visa no one will touch you for good jobs (exception are there 5 /100 )

solution

1. Initial visa should be given for two years then ILR (no recourse to public funds for next 2 years )

2. One year visa with then ILR (no recourse to public funds for next 3 years )

3. try your luck with minimum (single person ) gbp 5000 + , otherwise very soon u will short of fund and loose yr confidence (Sucess rate 20/100 for decent life , moderate 30/100 , surely wate of resources and time 50/100 )

these r my personal thoughts but i am sure my other friends will some what agree with this

regards

maverick_76

Post by maverick_76 » Wed Jun 15, 2005 10:29 am

No offence to anyone - but I strongly disagree with this post.
My vote is NO
Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity

Boom05

Post by Boom05 » Wed Jun 15, 2005 12:38 pm

It depends on which side of the divide you are, if you have submitted, i guess the answer might be YES but if you are just compiling your application, i doubt if you will answer YES. In my opinion, the HO should get realistic with the approval timeframe i.e. if the realistic timeframe is, for example 1 year, applicants would have that at the back of their mind and arrange their programmes to cover the period.

There would not be any need to worry except result does not come within or up to the projected time. The main cause of anxiety presently is applicants inability to predict likely processing time. I remember this was the reason why LA_MIKE and others made the excel compilation to assist members in forecasting likely timeframe. The situation was even more predictable then than now.

Most of the ideas proposed by dokwal is very much ok, granting PR from inception makes the canada programme worthwhile irrespective of the lenght of time the approval process will take.
Its easy to follow the crowd, it takes courage to stand alone !

majic

Post by majic » Thu Jun 16, 2005 7:17 am

Everyone,

I got an approval in 12 days which includes 4 weekend offs so in fact only 8-9 working days. Wouldnt it be nice that our fellows from 2004 who have waited for hell lot long get there results...I think the agony is too much. So really its just a thought and we all are definately entitled to our views.

Cheers

skippie
Newly Registered

Post by skippie » Thu Jun 16, 2005 8:00 am

Hi Majic,

No offence, do you still think that they should stop taking new applications ? :lol:

olisun
Diamond Member

Post by olisun » Thu Jun 16, 2005 11:15 am

"1. Initial visa should be given for two years then ILR (no recourse to public funds for next 2 years )

2. One year visa with then ILR (no recourse to public funds for next 3 years ) "

lol...sorry but couldn't help laughing...

Guess what will happen if UK start giving ILR after the intial 1 or 2 yrs time?

majic

Post by majic » Thu Jun 16, 2005 11:17 am

For everyones benfit I would say YES. BUT a periodic Stop not an indefinate stop. Again everyone is entitled to their opinions and a poll is created to know What & how people feel about a certain issue.

Polls are not meant to offend people. But it is a very close race, dont u agree.

Cheers

EdgeHillMole

Post by EdgeHillMole » Thu Jun 16, 2005 8:55 pm

majic,

I completely agree with you. A temporary hold on new apps while they finish cleaning up the July-November 2004 backlog. Then remove the hold and take new apps in the order in which they were received in the queue.

Advise applicants the approximate time to process (For example, 'We anticipate it will take three months to process your app.') Give good but approximate estimates.

This seems the only fair way to conduct business. If this had been a competitive company in private industry, one would have to think they would have had to close their doors and fold their business by now. However, as it is a government......
PROUD to be part of the 2008 European Capital of Culture

skippie
Newly Registered

Post by skippie » Thu Jun 16, 2005 10:30 pm

and apart from being a government body, it has a monopoly. So why would they want to do that!

majic

Post by majic » Fri Jun 17, 2005 5:50 am

Guys,

I have just arived at my office after posting I & my wife's passports for EC. Well I see alot of people answering "Why would they(HSMP Team) want to stop....?"

It is not a matter of them stopping. It is simply a matter of conducting work being fair to everyone. By this I dont mean the outcome of the application but PROCESSING TIMES.

I am sure not 1 person who has visited this forum is not concerned about the time they take to process there Application. 1 valid reason for this is the they have the originals of ones life achievements.

For Example: I got an offer of job from STATE BANK OF PAKISTAN and being an ORACLE APPLICATIONS DATABASE/WAREHOUSING Consultant it was the oppertuinity of a lifetime. Could provide my original documents and was thrown therefore was not interviewed by the HUMAN RESOURCE DEPARTMENT having cleared 2 Technical Interviews.

So why not 3 months for everyone ?