ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Long waiting time

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

priya_bhosale

Long waiting time

Post by priya_bhosale » Thu Jan 22, 2009 11:32 am

Hello,

I applied for extension of HSMP visa under tier1 on 11th december 08. The application was received on 12th december and haven't heard the outcome yet. I called them today and (as expected) they said the application is under consideration.

Wondering is anyone else is in the same boat as me?

Regards.

MyHSMPApplication

Post by MyHSMPApplication » Thu Jan 22, 2009 11:47 am

Hi Priya,
I would help if you could explain your case say any complexities etc.

Any idea why it is taking such a long time? Are they trying to contact your employer and that they are not in a position to do so?

Are there anything else say traffic offence / conviction etc which you have declared in your application?

Cheers
PG

nksg

Post by nksg » Thu Jan 22, 2009 12:00 pm

I am in the same boat.. applied on 29th November, fees taken 1st december... still waiting..

In my case i had traffic convictions (2005).. which i did not declare in the initial applications as i was not aware of the seriousness of the issue. I got initial HSMP and i did the same at the time of extention. Week after sending the application i realised my mistake "reading from the posts" and informed BIA about the same. I sent additional documents "Change of circumstance form" with the justification on the failure to disclose this before...on 19th december as per the advice from one of the agents at BIA call centre..

I am covered under JR so sent my 12 months bank statements, salary slips, employer letter .. etc with the application..

Not sure why its taking so long.. is it possible that they will be re-checking my previous application?? i have read somewhere they dont..usually... experts please advice....

priya_bhosale

Post by priya_bhosale » Thu Jan 22, 2009 1:01 pm

MyHSMPApplication wrote:Hi Priya,
I would help if you could explain your case say any complexities etc.

Any idea why it is taking such a long time? Are they trying to contact your employer and that they are not in a position to do so?

Are there anything else say traffic offence / conviction etc which you have declared in your application?

Cheers
PG
Thanks for your reply. And thanks to nksg too.

Yes the case is not straight forward. I have 2 earning sources. First is the employer in the UK who obviously pays me in GBP. The second is an Indian company who I work for in the UK and they pay be in INR. For both earning sources I have submitted the relevant bank statements and letters from both the employers.

I have no idea if they are trying to contact any of my employers. So far none of them have received any calls from HO. And if HO is trying to contact them and failing to do so (although I would be very surprised if that happens as I have clearly given all contact details in a separate covering letter), I dont know the way by which I can find out if thats the case.

Any suggestions? Thanks

priya_bhosale

Post by priya_bhosale » Thu Jan 22, 2009 1:38 pm

Oh and also wanted to ask if anyone knows if the HO contacts the employer or do they sometimes contact the bank as well? I have provided details for both but just wanted to know.

Thanks.

MyHSMPApplication

Post by MyHSMPApplication » Thu Jan 22, 2009 1:57 pm

Priya,
They definitely contact your employer if they feel it is necessary. I guess you case is complicated by the fact that some part of your salary is in GBP and the rest in INR. which means the INR. I guess such cases generally takes time. But as long as you are confident about the documents that you have provided you should be fine.
Cheers
PG

priya_bhosale

Post by priya_bhosale » Thu Jan 22, 2009 2:49 pm

Thanks again. Do you know if they decide to contact, do they contact the employer or sometimes the bank as well?

And also if they are trying to contact the employer but are unable to do so, then is there anything I can do to enable them do establish contact or anything that would be helpful to them?

MyHSMPApplication

Post by MyHSMPApplication » Thu Jan 22, 2009 8:55 pm

In normal circumstances they don't contact the bank. When I say 'normal circumstances' I mean when you provide your bank statement in Bank's original statement stationary. However if you are providing an online print out signed by the bank manager then yes they might call up to verify.

Cheers
PG

priya_bhosale

Post by priya_bhosale » Thu Jan 22, 2009 10:24 pm

The bank statement is on original bank stationary duly signed and stamped by the bank. In short, it satisfies all the requirements of how it should be.

The only thing is the statement is not very presentable as its a local scheduled bank and people in the branch wont be able to understand or speak english! (And god help them if the person calling happens to be scottish!

:)

Do you think there would be a problem? Also do you think there is a way at this stage, of giving the HO more contact details for my employer, like the mobile number of the concerned person in the company. If so, then how?

Thank you.