ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

help needed quick

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Hassan30
Newly Registered

help needed quick

Post by Hassan30 » Thu Jan 22, 2009 9:50 am

can someone advise me my 2 year spouse visa ends in 2 weeks and im currently filling in my form set [m] ive been in a full time job untill i was made redundent last week im so afraid that as im not in work and with the current work situation in devon at its worse i cant see myself getting a full time job in a week can someone tell me will my settlement still go ahead despite me not having any job at the moment.

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Thu Jan 22, 2009 10:30 am

Is your spouse employed? Technically if you date your application before your reduncancy a week ago, and tick 'employed' as you were on that date and include your bank statements, pay slips and P60, your future prospects of employment won't come into it.

MAKUSA
BANNED

Nice

Post by MAKUSA » Thu Jan 22, 2009 3:13 pm

Casa wrote:Is your spouse employed? Technically if you date your application before your reduncancy a week ago, and tick 'employed' as you were on that date and include your bank statements, pay slips and P60, your future prospects of employment won't come into it.
Top advice

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Thu Jan 22, 2009 3:30 pm

First time I've ever suggested not telling the whole truth...although it will be the true facts if the OP dates the form before he was notified of the reduncancy a week ago. :wink:

Hassan30
Newly Registered

thanyou

Post by Hassan30 » Fri Jan 23, 2009 7:05 pm

no my wife dosent work as shes on dissability allowance so i hope my visa goes through without having a job.i can only try, thanks again for your help.

Hassan30
Newly Registered

set m how long wait

Post by Hassan30 » Fri Jan 23, 2009 7:24 pm

when you post the set m form how long does it usually take to hear back, also if i get the visa is it for a permenent stay in the uk.

PaperPusher
Respected Guru

Post by PaperPusher » Fri Jan 23, 2009 7:26 pm

Isn't backdating a form making a false representation?

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Mon Jan 26, 2009 8:37 am

Started to answer this but decided it's likely to go into splitting hairs and
what's legal and what's not and I'll wish I'd never commented in the first place! :roll: